• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got the call today. Tax stamp came in, going to pick it up tomorrow.
Bought it on 1/23/19
Check cashed 2/8/19
Stamp arrived 10/18/19
Pick up tomorrow

Mine was cashed 2/15. Kind of excited, maybe it's in the mail! Or, more plausible, I been skipped and will see it in Feb... Bah, back to forgetting it exists.

Mine was cashed 2/15. Kind of excited, maybe it's in the mail! Or, more plausible, I been skipped and will see it in Feb... Bah, back to forgetting it exists.
I was expecting January or February.
When I called the atf the lady said it looked like I was going to receive it in November but came a couple weeks early.
I did a form 4 individual.

Learned some interesting things today straight from atf.
called into check on the status of my forum 4 trust that is now pending for 13 months. I have checked in since it was about 9 months every few weeks just to see where I was at. Each time I got the same response. Still pending not assigned to examiner.
This time was different. I asked the status and they said still pending. I asked why many people have received back approved form 4’s after only a few months. She replied by telling me that they draw randomly from the form 4 pile and that’s the reason some have been going through quickly. She soon assured me I would be soon because I have been waiting so long. I asked, So if I understand correctly there is no order to assign to examiners by date submitted it’s al random. She confirmed this. So I replied again, if this is a random process, I could be waiting 4-5 years for my form to be randomly drawn from the ever expanding pile? She said, well it shouldn’t take that long. She said I could speak to a supervisor because mine has gone so long. She transferred me to the supervisor who went straight to voicemail. This organization needs to go away. They have no business governing anything, let alone firearms. Even a 6th grader can understand first come first serve. I’m at a loss for how disorganized this really is.

That I basically what I was told when I called last time, that there was a pull from the front of the stack to bring average wait times down (which is a metric they are briefing up their chain).

Called again today. They wouldn’t provide e mail addresses of the supervisor or transfer me to HIS supervisor. They were not happy I was asking for information.

Well, then. Interesting, as they have always ( somewhat reluctantly ) provided me with that information when I asked. They must be getting a LOT of flak on turn around times. LOL. I think ( as a former govt. employee ) that their constituents ( you ) have a right to that information.

I'd keep ( politely ) hammering away.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
My recent purchase was cashed on 7/15/19
Approval on 9/23/19
Received at shop 10/17/19
I’ve been out of town but will pick it up this Tuesday 10/22:29
So about 90 days from cashed to dealer, I have 2 others that were cashed 3/19/19 and they are still pending as of last week, I was also told they had just randomly grabbed some from the middle of the pile by the atf

Learned some interesting things today straight from atf.
called into check on the status of my forum 4 trust that is now pending for 13 months. I have checked in since it was about 9 months every few weeks just to see where I was at. Each time I got the same response. Still pending not assigned to examiner.
This time was different. I asked the status and they said still pending. I asked why many people have received back approved form 4’s after only a few months. She replied by telling me that they draw randomly from the form 4 pile and that’s the reason some have been going through quickly. She soon assured me I would be soon because I have been waiting so long. I asked, So if I understand correctly there is no order to assign to examiners by date submitted it’s al random. She confirmed this. So I replied again, if this is a random process, I could be waiting 4-5 years for my form to be randomly drawn from the ever expanding pile? She said, well it shouldn’t take that long. She said I could speak to a supervisor because mine has gone so long. She transferred me to the supervisor who went straight to voicemail. This organization needs to go away. They have no business governing anything, let alone firearms. Even a 6th grader can understand first come first serve. I’m at a loss for how disorganized this really is.

I know you guys are anxious and have every right to be since it totally sucks, but this has been discussed many times online by different outlets. Calling repeatedly is not the solution. All it does is tie up examiners and wastes their time. We have alot of customers who ask us to call. And beyond calling once just to make sure that it made it there in the mail, we dont bother the examiners and wont continue doing it. You have to realize that people all over the country are also calling and that takes someone away from doing the job that we are expecting of them. We have had many many forms submitted and never had one not come back. Some longer than others but the 4-5 year example isnt realistic. Again, Im not picking on anyone so I hope no one is offended by this, and as a dealer I cant really empathize since I dont go through the process. But I talk to alot of our customers who get frustrated, which we unfortunately have to deal with, and it really does suck for them and I agree it is a broken system and should go away. But thats probably not going to happen anytime soon. The best we can do is try not to make the situation worse by prolonging the process time.

Well, then. Interesting, as they have always ( somewhat reluctantly ) provided me with that information when I asked. They must be getting a LOT of flak on turn around times. LOL. I think ( as a former govt. employee ) that their constituents ( you ) have a right to that information.

I'd keep ( politely ) hammering away.
As long as your form is in their system, please dont. Its not helping anything.

I know you guys are anxious and have every right to be since it totally sucks, but this has been discussed many times online by different outlets. Calling repeatedly is not the solution. All it does is tie up examiners and wastes their time. We have alot of customers who ask us to call. And beyond calling once just to make sure that it made it there in the mail, we dont bother the examiners and wont continue doing it. You have to realize that people all over the country are also calling and that takes someone away from doing the job that we are expecting of them. We have had many many forms submitted and never had one not come back. Some longer than others but the 4-5 year example isnt realistic. Again, Im not picking on anyone so I hope no one is offended by this, and as a dealer I cant really empathize since I dont go through the process. But I talk to alot of our customers who get frustrated, which we unfortunately have to deal with, and it really does suck for them and I agree it is a broken system and should go away. But thats probably not going to happen anytime soon. The best we can do is try not to make the situation worse by prolonging the process time.
The people answering the phone are NOT examiners. The people answering the phone are there to do just that. I’m not blowing up the phone system. Calling once a month or so is not only reasonable but the people on the phone ask You to cal back in that time. At any rate, the conduct of grabbing random forums is completely out of line. I have since contacted my congress and senators regarding this matter. I will keep you all posted as things progress.

Reactions: Bigrederic
********** I JUST GOT THE CALL TODAY*********

Submitted 1/3/19
card charged 1/11/19
phone from dealer saying to come get this suppressor out of jail 10/21/2019

can't tell me shit right now.

I'd assume individual. seems trusts are getting fucked over right now.

So the saga continues..... Called the NFA office this AM and they stated it is still pending. Couple of hours latter I got a follow up email from my Senator's office which included a reply they got from the NFA office stating "constituent’s ATF Form 4 was disapproved and returned because it failed to have an original signature or a qualifying eSignature. ATF is in the process of returning the associated tax to all persons whose ATF Forms 4 were disapproved".

This was done through silencershop so I gave them a call and waiting to hear back from them as well as my local FFL to see if they received the disapproval letter. THIS IS INSANE 441 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: HenryTheAce
So the saga continues..... Called the NFA office this AM and they stated it is still pending. Couple of hours latter I got a follow up email from my Senator's office which included a reply they got from the NFA office stating "constituent’s ATF Form 4 was disapproved and returned because it failed to have an original signature or a qualifying eSignature. ATF is in the process of returning the associated tax to all persons whose ATF Forms 4 were disapproved".

This was done through silencershop so I gave them a call and waiting to hear back from them as well as my local FFL to see if they received the disapproval letter. THIS IS INSANE 441 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!
Known issue. Silencershop is already working on it. Checkout this thread for more info. Contact the Silencershop guy mentioned in the thread.

So what you guys are saying is don’t file a trust if I want my can faster? Dammit, I wish I would’ve known this before I bought my little .22 Takedown. Guess I just have to buy another suppressor now

Reactions: Gtscotty
So what you guys are saying is don’t file a trust if I want my can faster? Dammit, I wish I would’ve known this before I bought my little .22 Takedown. Guess I just have to buy another suppressor now
No. File a trust to save having to pay the $200 later to get it into a trust. Also having to remember which one is in a trust and which is not does not sound fun.

Not approved by a long shot but I filed Trust and at least the check was cashed in 17 days.. Now for something to distract me.

Last edited:
Form 4: Trust w/ 1 RSP
Purchased: 22Oct2018 (through Silencer Shop)
Check Cashed: 14Nov2018
Approved: 15Oct2019

That is the only thing they do consistently and in a timely fashion. Cash your check :rolleyes:

So I am learning with every thread I read. :lol: At least it's progress!

Last edited:
This wait time for a trust does not spark joy.

No it does not indeed.
My Trust was not a Silencer Shop one either for anybody wondering.
~11 months from check cashed to stamp is better than 12-16+months, but still too long.
I have one more in the queue since May. Hopefully, it will arrive April or March time frame.

Tax fraud cashed 5/16/18
still waiting,
i think they closed Guantanamo bay faster than my approval

Well seeing this notification made me call again today, and guess what it was approved yesterday!!! It was pending yesterday and unassigned when I called.

1 Suppressor, form 4, Individual, Silencershop kiosk
Check Cashed 7/26/19
Approved 10/10/19
At Dealer 10/22/19.
I’m amazed and couldn’t be happier!

Reactions: nikonNUT
The people answering the phone are NOT examiners. The people answering the phone are there to do just that. I’m not blowing up the phone system. Calling once a month or so is not only reasonable but the people on the phone ask You to cal back in that time. At any rate, the conduct of grabbing random forums is completely out of line. I have since contacted my congress and senators regarding this matter. I will keep you all posted as things progress.

I did some checking and it seems you are correct. I was wrong. I apologize. We found some bad information online, one being from a pretty reputable online info source. Im not sure what you mean by grabbing random forums, but in any case, I apologize for getting involved in the topic with bad info. As you were...

I did some checking and it seems you are correct. I was wrong. I apologize. We found some bad information online, one being from a pretty reputable online info source. Im not sure what you mean by grabbing random forums, but in any case, I apologize for getting involved in the topic with bad info. As you were...
Not a worry. Thanks for following up. What I mean is the atf admitted to moving pending forms from the middle of the stack effectively having people skipped in line. They did this to improve “average wait time” by making some extreme outliers on the short end to skew the true results.

It's pretty clear that the Trust review is a major bottleneck. They probably have a single lawyer reviewing all trust documentation.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
It's pretty clear that the Trust review is a major bottleneck. They probably have a single lawyer reviewing all trust documentation.

This is probably way too much to ask but you think theyd save the trust after reviewing it for the first time and when they get a new suppressor form they would just do a compare documents to see if anything has changed. Would speed up their review and lessen the burden on whoever is reviewing the trust language.

But lawyers (if one is reviewing trusts) are greedy and these people clearly arent smart enough to streamline processes.

Reactions: Nimothy
Don't hate the messenger but this is crazy...
Purchased via Capitol Armory, paperwork mostly filled online using their online tool.
Purchase Date: 6/10/2019
Paperwork Submitted: 6/18/2019 (via CapitolArmory)
Check Cashed: ?
Stamp Approved: 10/13/2019
At Dealer: 10/23/2019
4 months baby! I filed as an individual FYI. My last stamp took ~10 months.

Don't hate the messenger but this is crazy...
Purchased via Capitol Armory, paperwork mostly filled online using their online tool.
Purchase Date: 6/10/2019
Paperwork Submitted: 6/18/2019 (via CapitolArmory)
Stamp Approved: 10/13/2019
At Dealer: 10/23/2019
4 months baby! I filed as an individual FYI. My last stamp took ~10 months.

Thats awesome dude. we have had about 20 back lately in 3-4 months. We had one in 7 weeks which was ridiculous.

Reactions: Srikaleak
Purchased an M110 suppressor in BLK direct from KAC via Interstate Guns in Hammond, LA (Shout out to those guys).
Paperwork filled online using Silencer Shop account.

Purchase date: 8-7-19 direct from KAC
Disposed to dealer: 10-9-19
Paperwork Submitted: 10-25-19
Stamp Approved: ?
At Dealer: ?

Jesus, your form 3 took 2 months?

I went back and looked at my bank stuff and my check was cashed 6/26/19. Maybe like one of the lucky ones that got pulled and I'll get a call today.

Jesus, your form 3 took 2 months?

I went back and looked at my bank stuff and my check was cashed 6/26/19. Maybe like one of the lucky ones that got pulled and I'll get a call today.
KAC had to build my m110 suppressor which is why it took 2 months. It was considered a special order.

It’s almost to the point where doing it as an individual for me and then sliding into the trust would be worth the extra 200 bucks to get the faster approval.

Reactions: Dryan910
Cash checked 5/16/18

Form 4 returned today "unresolved background" :mad:

they can find osama bin laden, but cant determine a simple DD214 history.....

so livid right now, FFL did not receive a UPIN for me, not sure where to start this resubmit

I just had two cans approved in 2 months and 2 days! I had another approved in 3 months. I still have 3 pending from Jan 2019. All are individual.

• Angry
Reactions: whoreable