• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I called ATF today and found out that my Nomad from 17May2019 on a single person Trust was approved on 18Mar2020 (8 months). I spoke with my dealer today to let them knw it was approved, no stamp as of yet, but probably end of this week or early next week (~ 2weeks between approval to stamp arrival).

Thankfully today the state and county gov in NC backed off the "all gun shops are considered non-essential businesses" and must close BS so I won't have to wait until the end of April to mid May to go pick it up! :)

Got a single person trust with 2 cans on it from May 20th 2019. Called today and still not been assigned. I am getting so sick of calling and nothing coming of it. Called since 295 days once a week (316 days at present).
Relllllly hoping this week I get approved.

I'm at 341 days from the date my check was cashed, still nothing.
The last time I called, all I got was "pending". I asked for more info, the guy had nothing for me, he just wanted me off of the phone it seemed

• Sad
Reactions: Alihilly1
I recently had 3 batch clear from the same examiner, 1 RP trust Form 4s.

Shortest wait was 36 days from check cashed to approved. Other two were at 107 and 148 days.

Definitely got lucky this time, last year I remember getting a form back that took over 400 days.

• Wow
Reactions: HenryTheAce
Form 4 Trust (2 RPs)
Purchased: 04/23/2019
Check cashed: 05/17/2019
Approved: 03/21/2020 (309 days)
Stamp @ Dealer: 04/13/2020

Interesting note - purchased another can (also trust w/ 2 RPs) and the check was cashed on 11/13/2019. As of 04/03/2020 the 2nd can was still pending, not approved at the same time as the one from May. In June 2019 we moved (same state, same county, just different town) so the addresses on the Form 4s are technically different. Not sure if that is what prevented the two from being approved at the same time, as others have been reporting.

Last edited:
Called today for my weekly update (2 cans, 5/20/19 1RP trust) and was informed they are ‘assigned’. What’s the average wait people are experiencing on this wait? I know postal times vary once approved, just wondering.

Is it best to call the atf and ask to speak to the examiner? See what their thoughts are?

Called today for my weekly update (2 cans, 5/20/19 1RP trust) and was informed they are ‘assigned’. What’s the average wait people are experiencing on this wait? I know postal times vary once approved, just wondering.

Is it best to call the atf and ask to speak to the examiner? See what their thoughts are?
If they are assigned you will be any day now in my experience.

Silencerco Harvester 30
Check cashed 6/20/19
Called 3/15/19ish, still pending
Stamp at dealer 4/6/20
291 days.

Form 4 Trust via Silencer Shop

Ordered 4/5/2019
Check Cashed 5/7/2019
Approved 3/23/2020 (321 days)

Stamp arrived at my dealer, but they are social distancing for another 1 - 2 weeks

Well my thunderbeast was approved on 3/23. Haven’t heard anything from my dealer. Still have two others in the pipeline. I wasn’t one of the lucky ones that got multiple approvals. Story of my life.

Form 4 individual through silencershop

Surefire SPS 300. Check cashed 10/31/2019. Got an email from dealer for pickup 3/31/20.
Roughly 145 days. Depending on how long it took to dealer

i have 5 going. With check cashed dates from Sep 19-Jan 20. This was middle one.

Last edited:
Form 4 individual through silencershop

Surefire SPS 300. Check cashed 10/31/2019. Got an email from dealer for pickup 3/31/20.
Roughly 135 days. Depending on how long it took to dealer

i have 5 going. With check cashed dates from Sep 19-Jan 20. This was middle one.

that makes no sense at all

Reactions: HOOFER
Still waiting on dealer to call as well for my 3/24 approval, they know it’s coming and said they’ll call as soon as they get it

Rugged Micro30 on a trust

Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 9/11/2019
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 10/3/2019
Stamp arrived at dealer 3/20/2020
Picked up 3/21/2020

Fairly quick for this one.

Reactions: HOOFER
Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (legacy trust from 2009 when the shit was still fresh)
Purchased
- 2/28/19
Transferred from out of state SOT to my SOT - 3/7/19
Form 4 Filed (via Silencer Shop) - 3/15/19
Check Cashed - 4/9/2019
ATF Stamp Approved - 2/10/2020
SOT Called Saying Tax Stamp Received and ready for pick up- 2/15/20

(buffer of 2 months of a rather big shit show of trying to transfer an NFA item as an "out of state resident" and waiting for new drivers license to age for 30 days)

363 days from check cash to CAN IN HAND (would have been approx 303 days w/out shit show)

20200407_132717.jpg
20200407_132541.jpg

Attachments

• 20200407_132717.jpg
    20200407_132717.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
FINALLY!
Purchased 5/31/19
Check Cashed 4/28/19
4 Person trust
here's the fun part-it was approved 3/8/20( which was a Sunday-weird) and the stamp has been at the dealer for weeks. I called today to check on the status, they told me it was approved
Called the dealer, they said "the guy that usually handles that (the owner) has been out for about 3 weeks. You can come pick it up" W.T.F.
Went on my lunch hour to pick it up. 373 days from purchase to possession, but it was actually approved in 343 days.
I need to call on the other one that I purchased 7/3/19, cashed 7/11/19

Reactions: HOOFER and chrome
FINALLY!
Purchased 5/31/19
Check Cashed 4/28/19
4 Person trust
here's the fun part-it was approved 3/8/20( which was a Sunday-weird) and the stamp has been at the dealer for weeks. I called today to check on the status, they told me it was approved
Called the dealer, they said "the guy that usually handles that (the owner) has been out for about 3 weeks. You can come pick it up" W.T.F.
Went on my lunch hour to pick it up. 373 days from purchase to possession, but it was actually approved in 343 days.
I need to call on the other one that I purchased 7/3/19, cashed 7/11/19
Some of these guys work 7 days a week. They really are chruning them out ASAP. Glad you got your can(s).

Reactions: D1gger
I purchased both a Silencerco Omega and A thunder beast ultra. The Omega has had it check cashed a month ago and I just got notification that the Ultra is heading to my SOT. I am applying as an individual, and chance that these 2 cans will be batched together being they are applied as individuals?

Sent in 6 form 4's at once on a two-person trust. All checks cashed 8/14, got ONE approved 3/3 for an Omega and stamp in hand 3/12...

Not sure when the rest will roll in, but glad at least someone said "Let the poor bastard have the one while he waits..."

Have another Form 4 on Trust cashed 10/21 and a form 4 individual cashed 10/14 (Wife isn't allowed to play with that one). No updates as of yet...

Got one of mine today, check was cashed in August, picked it up today! I do have one more in the system, so I wasn't a lucky one to get them both at the same time.

I have a buddy who is still waiting for his from late September 2019. Still hasn't heard anything as of the other day. He did the form 4 trust. I'm surprised the the broad range of wait times.

Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (one responsible person)
Purchased - 4/29/19
Form 4 Filed (via Silencer Shop) - 5/01/19
Check Cashed - 5/17/2019
ATF Stamp Approved - 3/18/2020
SOT Called Saying Tax Stamp Received and ready for pick up- still waiting!?!:mad:

Form 4 with 1RP. Sent everything off 3/4/19, check was cashed 3/11/19.... Still Farking waiting... Since then I've been approved (35 days total wait) for a form 1 with the same Trust as my original....

It would be absolutely tits if, whenever they approve an application, they would search the Database and see if there are other waiting submissions for that applicant and just go ahead and approve them all....

Form 4 with 1RP. Sent everything off 3/4/19, check was cashed 3/11/19.... Still Farking waiting... Since then I've been approved (35 days total wait) for a form 1 with the same Trust as my original....

It would be absolutely tits if, whenever they approve an application, they would search the Database and see if there are other waiting submissions for that applicant and just go ahead and approve them all....
I totally agree. If the final step in the process is to do a search through their database to see if any other are pending, they could also be approved as a batch. Think of how many people have multiple pending Form 4's. But that would be efficient, and we are talking about government.
I just picked up my first on Tuesday, it was approved on 3/8. So I called on the status of my 2nd. It was approved 4/5, stamp still in transit. I ordered that one 6/4/19, cashed 7/3

• Angry
Reactions: Cuda-dude
My first 2 cans that I bought were purchased a week or two apart. The stamps both came back together. But that was a few years ago. I must have gotten lucky.

Form 4
Check cashed 5/28/19
Approved on 3/31/20
Tax stamp...still waiting

Form 4 Suppressor - Trust (one responsible person)
Purchased - 4/29/19
Form 4 Filed (via Silencer Shop) - 5/01/19
Check Cashed - 5/17/2019
ATF Stamp Approved - 3/18/2020
SOT Called Saying Tax Stamp Received and ready for pick up- still waiting!?!:mad:
Same thing happened to me. Date approved was March 18. Once the stamp was received the envelope was stamped mailed on April 4th. I just picked mine up.

Same thing happened to me. Date approved was March 18. Once the stamp was received the envelope was stamped mailed on April 4th. I just picked mine up.

Thank you for that info! I see your profile indicates you are in MN, I'm in NC.

Hopefully my dealer calls me tomorrow and I can pick it up on Saturday before heading to the range.

Form 4 individual dead air nomad

Submitted 6/14/19
Check cashed 6/26/19
approved 3/26/20

Waiting on the stamp to show up.

First can. I'm so hard right now.
Well done!!
Same as my buddy pretty much. He put his in then and got approved around the same time, maybe a day before or so you. (Got it on 4/7). Meanwhile I got my shit in early (compared to him.... 5/20/19) and am STILL waiting. Admittedly I’m now ‘assigned’ as of last tuesday. As of today, I’m still not approved though.

This system is by far and away the most AGGRAVATING ever devised.

There is a bill being proposed that would require the application approved or rejected in 90 days or it would be an automatic approval. I hope that goes through.

There is a bill being proposed that would require the application approved or rejected in 90 days or it would be an automatic approval. I hope that goes through.

We all want it to, but, unfortunately like many pro gun bills it won't make it.

We all want it to, but, unfortunately like many pro gun bills it won't make it.

Guam will probably capsize before the bill would ever make it out of committee. However, we still need to bug the heck out of the congress critters anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: vigildom7
You guys are probably right, but it’s ok to push for this kind of bill. It is probably wishful thinking as well that the bill will move forward.

You guys are probably right, but it’s ok to push for this kind of bill. It is probably wishful thinking as well that the bill will move forward.

By contacting the congress critters, we accomplish several things:

1) Maybe a miracle will occur and the legislation passes. However, that miracle won't occur unless we let our elected officials know what we want.

2) By contacting congress about this legislation we let the politicians pushing for this bill know that we support them. I've been involved in politics before, and I know that when this happens, it goes a long way to let them know that we are out there and we support them. They will know what they can do to make their constituents happy. They are human also and a pat on the back is a great morale booster.

3) By contacting the congress critters about this legislation the anti-gun politicians also know that we aren't going away. They may vote against the legislation but might be reluctant to bring up any anti-gun legislation in the future. They may even keep quiet about any support for any future anti-gun legislation.

4) If enough constituents contact an anti-gun politician he or she might "see the light" and support the bill.

-This last point is very important. In the state that I live in, a surprisingly large number of pro-gun people are ignorant of recent events regarding 2A rights in Virginia. On the other hand, I can guarantee you the politicians in this state and on the Federal level were watching with great interest. They wonder if the same ground swell of a populist pro-gun movement will happen in their state.

-These same politicians sense a sea-change and will be very careful about how they vote on any gun legislation. Some of them are hard-core anti-gunners but the fence-sitters will pay attention to events in other states like Virginia if they want reelected.

Think of your phone calls, emails and letters as [figurative] pro-gun bullets in a war. One bullet may not win a battle or war. On the other hand, a lot of bullets will wear the enemy down.

Reactions: SBRSarge
So tax stamp cashed 5-22-19 on individual efile through silencershop kiosk. I think its bullshit its taken this long considering it was individual efile.

ATF approved on 3-25-20 but my gunshop says they haven't seen my stamps. Maybe I'm cranky but haven't I waited long enough? How bloody long does it take for stamps to get delivered to said gun shop? What should/can I even do? Lost in the mail? What would you guys do if anything.

Everything takes 3x longer than it should. It took them over 2 months just to cash my checks...

So tax stamp cashed 5-22-19 on individual efile through silencershop kiosk. I think its bullshit its taken this long considering it was individual efile.

ATF approved on 3-25-20 but my gunshop says they haven't seen my stamps. Maybe I'm cranky but haven't I waited long enough? How bloody long does it take for stamps to get delivered to said gun shop? What should/can I even do? Lost in the mail? What would you guys do if anything.

They told me it can take 30 days from approval to stamp being at dealer.

Hi, 5/20/19 here - two cans - 1 RP trust.

I’ve studied this extensively for the last few months and what I can tell you is, May of last year was a Bermuda Triangle. There was a massive gap on approvals from that time. My buddy submitted the exact same deal (2 cans, 1RP trust) on June 20th or so (month after me) and he got his back last week. Not to mention all these absolutely insane short approvals that seem to have dried up now. A rash of them in Nov, Dec etc getting them back quick.

Its a joke whats gone on and your situation is especially hard to take. Indi’s shouldn’t take that long!

I’m hoping to be approved next week at absolute latest. Its ‘assigned’ as of last Monday (could have been earlier but thats the last time I called on it)

Reactions: ifgator
Hi, 5/20/19 here - two cans - 1 RP trust.

I’ve studied this extensively for the last few months and what I can tell you is, May of last year was a Bermuda Triangle. There was a massive gap on approvals from that time. My buddy submitted the exact same deal (2 cans, 1RP trust) on June 20th or so (month after me) and he got his back last week. Not to mention all these absolutely insane short approvals that seem to have dried up now. A rash of them in Nov, Dec etc getting them back quick.

Its a joke whats gone on and your situation is especially hard to take. Indi’s shouldn’t take that long!

I’m hoping to be approved next week at absolute latest. Its ‘assigned’ as of last Monday (could have been earlier but thats the last time I called on it)

I hope you get yours soon my friend and thank you for your observations.
So I bought 2 in May. Not here yet.
I bought the Q erector 22 can in like July. I got a call 3 months later from my gun shop and I thought "why the hell would they be calling me" and the Q erector was back and ready to pick up. So I'm one of those lucky bastards but I want my big can very bad. Anyway that's in line with your observation