• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First post long time lurker. Never had anything to add but learned a lot by keeping my mouth shut and listening!
check cashed on 3-21-20
stamp approved 8-6-20
call from dealer to pick up 9-2-20
165 days total
I was just 1 block from dealer when call came in I was in the shop in less then 10 min and out the door with my new toy in under 30 min.
silencer shop single shot trust

While shopping suppressors in Houston, Tx today I happened upon young man receiving his suppressor from his dealer. After congratulating him I ask when he submitted his papers and he said mid February, 2020. Dealer said wait time was getting shorter and shorter for him.

Reactions: wb00757
1st suppressor purchase, today was the first time i've ever called to check status. i was pretty surprised when he said it was "approved" on 9/2. now just a little bit more time for the stamp to get to the dealer. i was also told that's running about 45 days.

silencershop singleshot trust
purchased 4/16
cashed 4/30
approved 9/2

Just a quick update adding the pickup dates for my two that were approved.

Silencer: AAC 556-SD
Filing Type: Individual (will purchase 2nd stamp and transfer to trust - bad planning on my part)
Purchased: 3/20/20
Mailed: 3/31/20
Cashed: 4/17/20
Approved: 7/27/20
Picked up: 8/13/20

Silencer: Dead Air Nomad-30
Filing Type: Trust - 1 RP
Purchased: 4/3/20
Mailed: 4/16/20
Cashed: 4/24/20
Approved: 7/27/20
Picked up: 8/13/20

That’s a heck of a turn around, if only we could all get that lucky! Not even 4 months on both cans?

That’s a heck of a turn around, if only we could all get that lucky! Not even 4 months on both cans?

I tried getting them to apply the approvals to the other forms I had that were pending. That was a no go. I have two left and another on backorder. If I see the other two by Thanksgiving I'll be impressed. lol.

I tried getting them to apply the approvals to the other forms I had that were pending. That was a no go. I have two left and another on backorder. If I see the other two by Thanksgiving I'll be impressed. lol.

If you see the other 2 by thanksgiving, you are going to have to tell me what the hell kind of candy or nude pictures you are sending in with your form 4s haha!

Ordered a TBAC Ultra 7 30 cal in June of 2019, got the serial # in February of 2020

Form 4 individual

Check cashed Feb 18, 2020
Approved Aug 18, 2020
Stamp received Sept 10, 2020

14 months total wait time

1st suppressor purchase, today was the first time i've ever called to check status. i was pretty surprised when he said it was "approved" on 9/2. now just a little bit more time for the stamp to get to the dealer. i was also told that's running about 45 days.

purchased 4/16
cashed 4/30
approved 9/2

Congratulations! I have two SS single shots cashed on 4/30.

I just picked up my B&T MP5SD can, filed 5/19/2019 --- approved 8/30/2020 --- I am on the west coast and this was one of the last ones we sent to east coast, now they all go to OR. 5 cans submitted up to 6 months after this (to OR) were approved months ago. Oh was on a trust (1 RP - with ammendment)

Just called the ATF for the first time. They were very quick and easy to deal with (didn't know what to expect so that was nice.
Check cashed 6-11-20
Pending 6-15-20
Was hoping for better news.....

Just called the ATF for the first time. They were very quick and easy to deal with (didn't know what to expect so that was nice.
Check cashed 6-11-20
Pending 6-15-20
Was hoping for better news.....

Dang I thought I was bad lol jkjk
Mine was approved Aug 24th, three weeks and counting waiting for my stamp.

Submitted April 4th, approved Sep 2, rec'd today, Sep 14th. About 5 months, Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust...

ZY

Just called the ATF and was told that my TBAC Ultra 9CB was approved earlier today:

Purchased: 05/01/2020 from MHSA store
Entity: Trust(1RP)
Check cashed: 05/12/2020
Approved: 09/14/2020
Stamp in hand: ?

They're still quoting 45 days for stamp mailing, so not sure how long that'll take.

Last edited:
Reactions: wb00757
called today still pending
Man that sucks, guys who filed after you are getting theirs, that’s gotta be frustrating. I really don’t understand the process, if piles of form 4s are divided up and some guys end up on top of the stack, some people are faster st reviewing and approving? I don’t know, I guess that’s the name of the game. I’m waiting on 3, checks all cashed in June, I’m waiting as well. I hope for your guys sake you see yours before I see mine! This wait is brutal!

Man that sucks, guys who filed after you are getting theirs, that’s gotta be frustrating. I really don’t understand the process, if piles of form 4s are divided up and some guys end up on top of the stack, some people are faster st reviewing and approving? I don’t know, I guess that’s the name of the game. I’m waiting on 3, checks all cashed in June, I’m waiting as well. I hope for your guys sake you see yours before I see mine! This wait is brutal!

My previous F4 was filed one day and a friend from work, on hearing about how easy it was to buy a suppressor, filed 3 the very next day at the same store back in August 2019. His came back in early May 2020 in 2 separate batches while mine was late June. I think one of his was approved by the same examiner as mine. The different wait times are mind boggling.

• Wow
Reactions: WyCoShooter
My previous F4 was filed one day and a friend from work, on hearing about how easy it was to buy a suppressor, filed 3 the very next day at the same store back in August 2019. His came back in early May 2020 in 2 separate batches while mine was late June. I think one of his was approved by the same examiner as mine. The different wait times are mind boggling.

Too weird, I feel bad for the guys who wait over a year. Seems like 6-8 months is about average for most guys now. I want to know how the heck guys get them after 4 months though while. That’s a kick in the dick for the guys in it over a year.

It would be really cool if one of the suppressor manufacturers or big pro-gun YouTube personalities could actually go to the ATF's facility and get a tour/walk through of how the forms are processed and handles. I would watch something like that for sure. Hell, I might even pay $5 for some understanding and answers about their processes. I see no reason why the ATF wouldn't be amenable to this idea... Unless they want to hide how f'd up they are....

Little batch approval action today!

• Bowers VERS458, TBAC Ultra 9 30cal, Rugged Obsidian 45 Black all check cashed 4/23/2020
• Rugged Obsidian 45 FDE check cashed 5/5/2020

All 4 cans approved 9/8/2020

Still waiting on FFL to receive the stamps... I love buying multiple cans at once :LOL:

TBAC ultra 9 cb

Cashed 3/23/20

Approved 8/28/20

waiting for the call saying they have my stamp🥳

Reactions: jamebeck

purchased 4/16
cashed 4/30
approved 9/2

took it home today 9/18
dealer said he had one for another guy get released a couple of weeks ago that only took 7 weeks for processing. crazy how unpredictable it can be.

Reactions: Krob95 and wb00757
Update: got the call a few hours ago that my stamp for my ultra 9 is in and I can pick up my can tonight after work 🥳

Edit: picked it up and couldn’t be happier!
80662BF3-36C4-4B0D-8F91-9A74A450B4B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Form 4 eFile/ Individual

Can: Surefire 556 R2

Check cashed: 3/23/20
Approved: 9/10/20
Form4 at dealer: 9/21/20
Picked up: 9/21/20

182 days from check cashing to pickup

ACE922C2-0201-40C2-8874-9216CEF625FC.jpeg

......for your viewing enjoyment.
Form 1 for the SBR was 23 days from start to finish via the ATF eForms website

Last edited:
everyone of you who had their checks cashed in March and later and gotten your stuff
KISS MY ASS o_O I am still pending went pending 31 march

• Haha
Reactions: DIBBS