• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Frankford Arsenal Tumbler Kit Review

brusky21

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2013
GA, TN, UT
Howdie Hiders,

I have had a little bit of experience reloading large amounts of 9mm and 5.56 on a friend's Dillon 550b, but I have moved across the country and have gained an interest in precision bolt guns. I recently placed an order with Accurate Ordnance for a 6.5 CM dream rifle that should be ready in about 8 weeks. As such, I am procuring my own collection of reloading equipment. I am very new to the precision reloading game, and as a new reloader, I have found this site full of invaluable information to help me get started. As a way of paying it forward, I will throw up a brief review of all the gear I purchase as I purchase it to help out fellow novices like myself learn from my mistakes and successes.

So here's the first piece of merchandise, the Frankford Arsenal Quick n Ez Case Tumbler, Media, Separator, Polish, Bucket purchased from Optics Planet here:Frankford Arsenal Quick N Ez Reloading Case Tumblers and Kits FREE S&H 855020, 645880, 799534, 515667. Frankford Arsenal Reloading Tools Reloading Tools and Gauges.. As an aside, optics planet is hands down my favorite online retailer to order from. Ordered on Tuesday, and had it by Friday with free shipping.

The kit comes with the tumbler, a bag of media (I think it's conrcob media but I can't tell), a bucket, and a media separator. The directions for set up where pretty straight forward and within 5 minutes I dumped in the fist batch of of brass. The tumbler has rubber feet to prevent it from vibrating off your bench top. My favorite feature is the clear plastic lid that allows you to view the polishing process and check on the progress of the brass without turning off the tumbler or taking off the lid.
CAM00510.jpg
I found that this tumbler was fairly noisy, but most are. When I put it behind a closed door it doesn't make noticeable noise in the rest of my small apartment. After I ran a batch of nasty .45 ACP for about 4 hours, I powered it off and dumped everything in the separator. The separator, in my mind, is very poorly designed. The set comes with two plastic clips that snap on to the included bucket that hold the separator in place.
CAM00512.jpg
This clips easily slide around the bucket and come out of alignment. It also comes with two stiff plastic sheets that clip on to the bucket that are supposed to prevent the media from flying all over the place when cranking the separator. The problem is that when they are attached to the bucket, they get in the way of rotating the separator. dumb.

Before and after pics
CAM00509.jpgCAM00511.jpg
I have the luxury of having access to basically an unlimited supply of range brass from the local range here, so I decided to assemble the tumbler and throw in a load of .45 ACP. The tumbler did an excellent job cleaning and polishing it up. For the price, I would recommend this system even with the crappy separator, it's better than nothing.

Last edited: