• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Good day at the range with the Super SASS

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
Nice day out today with calm wind, so I loaded up the truck and headed to the range. Wanted to see what my custom Super SASS was really capable of. Specs listed below...

Noveske N-6 lower w/Magpul PRS stock and RRA 2 stage trigger.
Upper was built by Dale Pohling of Elite Iron. The suppressor is one of his SEAR suppressors. Dale did all chamber work and profiling. Barrel is Broughton 5C with PRI carbon fiber forend, Armalite Super SASS adj gas block and PRI gas buster charging handle.

Scope is Sightron SIII 8-32 on USO QD mount.

Pic of gun...

AR10.jpg

Ammo used was Fed Gold Match 168's and 175's. Likes both equally well. I've shot groups out to 440, but wanted to see how tight it could print @ 100yds. 5 shot group below. .750" end to end with 4 being in almost the same hole and one opening up slightly. Had a couple of exceptional 4 shot groups going into one jagged hole, then f-ed it up with a flyer....maybe next outing.Oh yeah, gun is damn quiet too!!!
Steve

target.jpg

Re: Good day at the range with the Super SASS

I can't wait to see what I can do with my Elite Iron can on a blackout upper I have parts for at home. Absolutely love that build. Question for you though is does the lighter carbon fore end help off set the weight of the can or no? And how heavy of a barrel did he install?

Beautiful rifle, and it shoots to match.

What are the specs on the Sightron, and how do you like it?

Nice stick! How much does that can weigh? Looks like a long one that KAC used to make.

lol I'm not gonna post what my cheap-ass DPMS SASS did on Saturday then, you'll hate me.

Seriously though, NICE rifle and great groups!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TGagnon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait to see what I can do with my Elite Iron can on a blackout upper I have parts for at home. Absolutely love that build. Question for you though is does the lighter carbon fore end help off set the weight of the can or no? And how heavy of a barrel did he install? </div></div>

I like the PRI for the stiffness and weight reduction. The barrel is fairly substantial under the handguard...I'd say .950-1.00 inches. Getting a cover from Dale for the can to help with the mirage....after shooting 4-5 mags and looking through the glass it's about the same as a pitcher of margaritas on Friday night!
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GhostFace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick! How much does that can weigh? Looks like a long one that KAC used to make.</div></div>

Can isn't heavy at all. Actual suppressor is only about 6" or so...the rest behind it extends back over the barrel to its mounting point in front of the gas block. The brake itself is EXTREMELY efficient! With the can off the recoil is less than a 5.56 AR-15.
Steve