• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good place to get some training???

datw

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
Juliette Ga
I would like ask you folks if there is a place like Rifles Only but for a self defense/ hand to hand combat kind of course. I mention RO bc they seem to be at the top of their game according to all the + feedback. I am non LE or Military and looking for a weeks course or whatever geared towards whats mentioned above. Just wanting to make sure i can defend my family if ever put in a bad situation. Thanks

Re: Good place to get some training???

As someone who's been studying Judo and JuJitsu for the past 16 years, I can absolutely tell you that anyone who claims to be able to teach you to reasonably defend yourself/others in a week is seriously delusional and/or just after your money. We've had LE and military with supposedly advanced training join us, only to have a very rude awakening when put into more realistic, dynamic situations. It takes constant, serious training to get to the point where you can reliably defend yourself against a determined attacker - there are no shortcuts on this path...

I knew i would get that response and deserve it but really just looking to learn the very basic "get the fuck off of me or my family kind of drill." Have seen on the web some reputable places offering to teach very basic defensive techniques.

Rifles Only has an adjunct instructor who teaches a course called Offensive Counter Measures (OCM). I would contact RO and see if when the next OCM course is being offered.

I attended OCM and really enjoyed it. Having attended about a dozen DT classes in the past 12 years I took more away from OCM than any of the others.

TDI is a school in southern Ohio that offers several DT courses. I have yet to attend but have heard some decent things about them on the DT side.

I came across this info recently. I haven't put any of it into real life trials yet, I hope to never have to. However, I do feel like I got my moneys worth for the DVD sets. Just my personal opinion. I would very much like to attend a live training seminar, and will do so at some point, time and finances allowing.

www.targetfocustraining.com

I don't have 20 years to practice for an event that may happen tomorrow.

YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: datw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew i would get that response and deserve it but really just looking to learn the very basic "get the fuck off of me or my family kind of drill."</div></div>

This is called ... a gun.

As the other gentleman described, spending a week "learning" some kind of defensive technique and expecting it will save yours or a loved one's bacon is like memorizing Green Eggs And Ham and calling yourself a poet.