• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guy stabs five river tubers, one fatally, in Wisc.

Its called speculation. I think he tried to explain it to you. I don't think you got it.
If you think I don’t know what speculation is then you’re the dummy lol. His comments were obvious bias is the difference.

Last summer Me and my younger son did that on a popular river.. we found a nice gold and diamond ring that I pawned for $250 and two pairs of nice sunglasses (ray ban and sun clouds) and probably so other stuff that I forgot.. it was fun for son using a snorkel and mask finding treasures

I did it all the time at the local lakes and rivers. Found sunglasses and fishing lures mostly. And shoes.

I don't think anyone can predict a reaction to 1) being threatened while falling down backwards in water 2) four on one, 3) realizing you hurt people bad and all under the influence of alcohol. He likely didn't realize he killed anyone at that point.
A) Not getting off at that bank - understandable, clearly the young folks had crew/family etc. there,
B) Not calling on the way down - Signal? Have phone?
C) Not telling your wife: most you guys are afraid to mention to your wives you bought an accessory for your rifle let alone a new rifle. Some women overreact..
Where's the videos? We can handle it...

Reactions: deersniper
May have been posted earlier (police report, 9 pgs)

Two different stories...

Story as told by "Snorkel Man":
So the guy is looking for a cell phone with snorkel and mask.

A group of tubers becomes unhappy with him for "being in their space" and orders him to leave.

He's on a mission to find the phone, so he doesn't leave.

He thinks the group of young people found the phone but won't give it to him.

He gets called a child molester, because that's how you motivate others to help you dispatch an enemy.

Then a group of other people from the other side of the river become righteously indignant and feel justified in swarming the guy because somebody else called him a child molester.

They produce a weapon to threaten him to leave.

The guy takes a weapon away - and starts swinging wildly while being attacked by the righteously indignant people thinking they will punish a child molester for being their river. People are within the range of the swinging 3" blade, and the guy is doing his best to make them pay for their attack against him.

Story as told by "victims"
We were minding our own business just tubing down the river when this Russian pedophile child molester Trump supporter wearing a snorkel and mask attacked us. We called him out on his child molester ways for wearing a snorkel and being in our river. We ordered him to leave, but he refused. We slapped him for not leaving, and then swarmed him to make sure he knew we were serious about his being in our vicinity in this river. He pulled a shiny knife out of his pocket and started killing people for no reason.

The truth will be somewhere between those two versions....

If you think I don’t know what speculation is then you’re the dummy lol. His comments were obvious bias is the difference.
If you're referring to me, the only one who is obviously bias is you.

My assumption indicate there is no good guy in this deal as my posts reflect.

Case 2022CF000518
Document 2
Filed 08-01-2022 Page 1 of 9
STATE OF WISCONSIN
STATE OF WISCONSIN
vs.
CIRCUIT COURT
8/1/2022 at 1:00 P.M. ST. CROIX COUNTY
FILED
08-01-2022
Circuit Court
St. Croix County, WI
2022CF000518
Honorable R. Michael Waterman
Branch 4
For Official Use
NICOLAE MIU
5945 Hidden Oaks Circle SE Prior Lake, MN 55372
DOB: 12/11/1969
Sex/Race: M/W
Plaintiff,
DA Case #: 2022SC001955 Assigned DA/ADA: Karl E. Anderson Agency Case No.: SO202206400
CT CM CF CRIMINAL COMPLAINT
Defendant.
The undersigned Complainant, being first duly sworn, states that:
Count 1: FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE
The above-named defendant on or about Saturday, July 30, 2022, in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, did cause the death of ~VICTIM 1~, with intent to kill that person, contrary to sec. 940.01(1)(a), 939.50(3)(a) Wis. Stats., a Class A Felony, and upon conviction shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life.
Count 2: ATTEMPT FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE
The above-named defendant on or about Saturday, July 30, 2022, in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, attempted to cause the death of ~VICTIM 4~, with intent to kill that person, contrary to sec. 940.01(1)(a), 939.50(3)(a), 939.32 Wis. Stats., a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
Count 3: ATTEMPT FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE
The above-named defendant on or about Saturday, July 30, 2022, in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, attempted to cause the death of ~VICTIM 3~, with intent to kill that person, contrary to sec. 940.01(1)(a), 939.50(3)(a), 939.32 Wis. Stats., a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
Count 4: ATTEMPT FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE
The above-named defendant on or about Saturday, July 30, 2022, in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, attempted to cause the death of ~VICTIM 2~, with intent to kill that person, contrary to sec. 940.01(1)(a), 939.50(3)(a), 939.32 Wis. Stats., a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
Count 5: ATTEMPT FIRST DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE
The above-named defendant on or about Saturday, July 30, 2022, in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin, attempted to cause the death of ~VICTIM 5~, with intent to kill that person, contrary to sec. 940.01(1)(a), 939.50(3)(a), 939.32 Wis. Stats., a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
08/01/2022

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 2 of 9
STATE OF WISCONSIN - VS - Nicolae Miu
PROBABLE CAUSE:
Your complainant is a Law Enforcement Officer with the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department who in that capacity has read and reviewed the official law enforcement agency reports of Deputy Mitchell Schaeppi and Lieutenant Brandie Hart of the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office, required by law to be made and kept and proved to be true, accurate and reliable in the past as concerns the individual Nicolae Miu and which reports indicate as follows:
Supplemental Narrative By Mitchell Schaeppi, 07/31/22 17:50
Summary
On July 30th, 2022, at 1547 hours St. Croix County emergency communication center started to receive 911 calls about a stabbing that had occurred on the Apple River near the sunrise bridge in the Town of Somerset, St. Croix County, Wisconsin. Later reports from 911 calls indicated that there were potentially 4-5 victims with wounds to the mid to upper body. Reports indicated one victims’ intestine were hanging from their body. Upon arrival of initial responding Deputies one victim (~VICTIM 1~) was found without vital signs, and with a puncture wound in the upper abdomen near his left breast. Deputies started to perform life saving measures on ~VICTIM 1~ prior to being passed along to EMS, ~VICTIM 1~ was later pronounced deceased at Lakeview Hospital in Stillwater Minnesota. Other victims were (~VICTIM 2~) who had a slash wound to his abdomen that was exposing internal organs from the inside of his body, (~VICTIM 3~) who had a stab wound to his lower left abdomen, (~VICTIM 4~) who had a laceration on his stomach, and a puncture wound to his upper left torso, and (~VICTIM 5~) who had a stab wound to the upper left side abdomen.
Responding Deputies on scene learned of a suspect description as an older male with gray hair, weighing approximately 250 lbs, wearing a chain style necklace, and described as “Russian looking”. Information was the suspect had ran back upriver and entered the woods on the western bank of the river. Responding Deputies established a perimeter of the area.
At approximately 1645 hours St. Croix County emergency communications center received reports from citizen witnesses of a possible sighting of the suspect down river at the exit point (prospect park). I, along with multiple other Law Enforcement officer converged on Village Park in the Village of Somerset. Upon arrival Citizens and Staff from Rivers Edge campground pointed to male who was wearing a camouflage shirt, and shorts. The male did have a gray beard, that male was detained, and later confirmed to be the person of interest through photographs. The male’s name was Nicolae Miu DOB 12/11/1969. Nicolae was detained and in the back of a squad car. Nicolae was with a group of friends to include is wife (Sondra Dee Miu DOB: 6/26/1961).
I spoke with Sondra who explained to me she left her home in Prior Lake Minnesota at 0930 hours and arrived with her husband Nicolae at Rivers Edge at 1045 hours. Sondra stated that their vehicle was parked at Rivers Edge Campground, and that none of her group were camping, and only floating the river and later leaving. Sondra explained they started floating at Rivers Edge Campground and started their float at 1130 am – 1200 pm. Sondra explained during their float the only person that left the group she was with was her husband Nicolae who left to try and find a member of their parties’ phone that was lost. Sondra explained that Nicolae dawned some “scuba” gear and was in the water looking for the phone. Sondra explained Nicolae did this in the area on the river near a bridge. Sondra stated she observed a group of guys where Nicolae was looking on their tubes before returning to her briefly and Nicolae stating he was going to go back over where he was looking for the phone again. Sondra stated that the second time Nicolae went back to the group of males near where he was looking for the phone. Sondra continued by saying that a group of guys got off their tubes and started hitting Nicolae. Sondra said after seeing this she yelled and two members of their party “Ariel”, and “Ernesto” started running toward Nicolae and the fight. Sondra stated that all she heard was screaming, and that Nicolae, Ariel, and Ernesto came walking back. Sondra stated she did not see what happened. Sondra stated that Ariel and
08/01/2022 2

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 3 of 9
Ernesto were never involved in the confrontation and that by the time they had got to Nicolae he was already on his way back to Sondra’s location. I asked Sondra if Nicolae was known to carry a weapon with him. Sondra stated Nicolae had a knife in his pocket, wasn’t very big, and stated that Nicolae told her “Those guys grabbed it from him”. Sondra stated Nicolae told her that they swung the knife at him and that he grabbed it and moved it away. Sondra stated Nicolae only mentioned to her that the other group of people were calling him a pedophile and attacked him. Sondra stated that by the time the police were coming she observed what she thought was someone was getting CPR performed on him. Sondra stated that she didn’t think Nicolae was there long enough to harm anyone and estimated for about five minutes. Sondra explained that Nicolae’s knife was clipped onto his pocket. Sondra rubbed her left thigh while describing where Nicolae’s knife was located.
Through investigation interviews of witnesses, and victims indicated that a male was bothering a group of juveniles on their tubes. The group of juveniles were yelling for help from other individuals floating down the river nearby. Witness’s stated that a group of people came and stood in between Nicolae and the group of juveniles and told him to leave. Witness statements indicated that Nicolae was being spoke to in a half moon shape with a route of egress from the confrontation. Witnesses described Nicolae as punching or slapping a female that was in the group confronting him, Nicolae was then punched by a male and fell into the river. Witness’s then described Nicolae begun stabbing multiple individuals who were near him. Witness statement described the knife used as an approximate three-inch silver blade, with a silver clip, handle, and folding.
Located near where the incident took place back up stream a short distance along the west bank of the river was a knife. The knife had a black handle, silver blade, silver clip, and was in the folded closed position. The knife was recovered and turned over as evidence. Also located in the river were multiple tubes tied together, one tubed appeared to have a bloody piece of human flesh attached. That tube was also secured, along with other items believed to be from victims.
On July 31st, 2022 I reviewed a video of the incident that was obtained. Below is a summary of the video captured by Jawahn Cockfield. The device the video is recorded on indicated 3:44 PM Yesterday (July 30th, 2022)
 Video starts by showing Nicolae who was shirtless and carrying goggles with a snorkel attached run up to Jawahn ‘s group and grab onto their tubes. While people in the tubing party are telling Nicolae to “get away”.
 Nicolae then stands up and walks around the tubes appearing to be looking for something. Nicolae begins walking away with his back to the tubing party, the camera shows the highway 35/64 bridge in the background showing the video to be facing north. Nicolae then turns around saying something while pointing at the group.
 Nicolae again turned to walk back toward bridge. The camera pans and shows more individuals converging toward Nicolae yelling for him to walk away.
 Nicolae then walks toward a female in a black one-piece swimsuit with blonde hair who was walking toward the confrontation and appears to be pointing down river and telling Nicolae to go away.
 In the video you can hear people expressing that “he was looking for little girls”. A larger group of individuals converge toward the area. Multiple people were yelling at Nicolae, and it appears at least one person touched his shoulder. From the video it does appear to show people on three sides of Nicolae at different distances. The video and elapsed time shows opportunity for Nicolae to leave the confrontation.
 Nicolae then appears to be being confronted by two females, a blonde in a black one-piece swimsuit, and another Caucasian female in a two-piece swimsuit with flowers. While this conversation is happening, in the video I observed the clip of the knife in Nicolae’s right cargo pocket. Nicolae’s right hand appears to be touching the knife. Soon after while in conversation Nicolae removes the knife from his pocket and opens the knife exposing the blade. Nicolae then holds the knife down at his right side.
08/01/2022 3

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 4 of 9
 The camera pans away from Nicolae, while this is happening a commotion starts, and multiple people converge toward Nicolae. The camera pans back and show Nicolae falling backward into the water. Nicolae while laying the water is then slapped with an open hand on the left side of his face. While this is happening the video shows Nicolae is holding a small silver bladed knife with the blade erect. Nicolae appears to be getting back to his feet and is shoved in the back by and individual wearing yelling swimming trunks. Nicolae then begins emerging from the water with the knife in his right hand. While doing so the induvial in the yellow swimming trunks appears to be advancing to shove Nicolae again. While doing so, Nicolae stabs the individual in the yellow swimming trunks in the abdomen while being shoved back into the water on his back.
 As the video is Panning Nicolae is beginning to stand up still with the knife in his right hand. The video captures briefly a female wearing a two-piece flower swimsuit moving away hold her left side. Nicolae is standing holding the knife a male touches Nicolae’s back, Nicolae turns and extends his arm in a stabbing motion. While I observed this, I observed a female in a two-piece flower swimsuit with a open wound on the left side of her torso.
 Nicolae is then shoved with two hands near his neck, Nicolae then makes another stabbing motion with his right arm. As Nicolae is backing away, I observed his right hand closed around the handle of a knife, the knife was open and appeared to be party covered in blood, as well as a portion of his right hand.
 The video begins to pan and shows Nicolae run off by my orientation to the southwest. The video captures a chaotic scene and I observed wounded individuals laying in the river. As the video is panning around it appears to briefly capture a male laying in the river and male matching the description of Nicolae appears to run up to him. Briefly observed is this individual that matches the description of Nicolae leaning over him as the individual is facing him and partly out of the water. There was enough blood in the river that the water turned a red tint in places.
 The video continues to pan around the entirety of the scene at times turning back toward Jawahn while Jawahn questions what is happening. At the end of the video Jawahn can be heard yelling out to ~VICTIM 1~.
On July 31st, 2022 I also reviewed a cell phone video that was provided to Investigator Shilts Jr. This video in the state of my review was of limited quality due to being captured by an iPhone and sent to and Android device. The length of the video is 21 seconds long. The following is a summary or the events I observed in this video.
 The video appears to start toward the end of the confrontation. The orientation appears to be from the northeast of the confrontation facing to the southwest. It appears that individuals are fleeing from one person who is standing alone and believed to be Nicolae with his right arm extended posturing toward everyone running away. In the foreground it appears the individual in the yellow swim shorts is laying in the water holding his abdomen.
 The male individual that is believed to be Nicolae then runs toward the southwest in the river. Nicolae then appears to stop at an individual who was lying in the river. Nicolae’s posture during this is bent over the individual that was in the river, Nicolae appears to be holding him up out of the water by his right arm. The video then pans around and ends.
Investigator Dittmann met with Owen Lee Peloquin on July 30 th, 2022. During the interview Owen described Nicolae as looking through them and described his behavior as “disgusting” and “looking really weird and sketchily”. Owen described the knife Nicolae used during the incident as one with a silver blade about three inches in length, Owen described it as having a brownish wooden handle with a large pocket clip, and foldable. Owen expressed to investigator Dittmann that he observed this knife in Nicolae’s pocket. Owen described observing Nicolae with the knife in his hand.
Investigator Shilts Jr spoke with Madison Coen, and Quinton Carlson. While reviewing Investigator Shilts Jr. narrative of the interview I learned that what started the physical assault was Nicolae punched Madison in the
08/01/2022 4

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 5 of 9
left side of her face. I learned that Nicolae was only punched after he initially struck Madison. Madison was described as wearing a dark colored one piece swimsuit with blonde hair.
This narrative is a Synopsis only, this event is still under an active investigation. Further detailed reports are forthcoming.
End of report.
Supplemental Narrative By Brandie Hart, 08/01/22 08:02
Interview with Nicolae Miu
On July 30, 2022, I went to the St. Croix County Jail to attempt an interview with Nicolae “Nic” Miu. I met with him in the interrogation room of the jail and obtained his information. Nic told me that he worked at Ritchie Engineering as a mechanical engineer and that he had two bachelor’s degrees: one in engineering and one in mathematics. Nic told me he’d never been in trouble with the law before. I read Nic his rights per Miranda and he asked me when he would be assigned an attorney and I told him probably Monday. I continued reading the rights form and Nic told me he’d like to consult with an attorney “at some point”. Nic signed the rights form as did I and I gave him the yellow copy of the form.
I told Nic that I wanted to ask him questions about his day today and he could stop the questioning at any time. Nic told me, “It was self-defense”. Nic told me there were a lot of people that came onto him that ultimately “produced two weapons”. Nic said that the people hit him and were on top of him and, “I don’t remember anything after that”. Nic said that the only thing he remembered after that was that he ran away to his group. Nic said that he recalled that there were people from his group coming toward him to see what was going on. Nic said that when his group asked him what was going on, he told them, “Nothing, nothing”. Nic told me that he was “so fearful” for his safety and wasn’t sure what the people on the river were going to do to him. Nic told me that he’d never been in a situation like this before where a group of people produced weapons and called him a “child molester”. Nic told me that as the group was calling him a “child molester”, he remembered telling the group that if he was child molester, and they were children, they shouldn’t be drinking alcohol.
Nic said that the group of individuals took his snorkel from him and threw it in the river. Nic recalled that one person grabbed his swim trunks and tried to pull his trunks down. Nic said he “grabbed onto” the kid that tried pulling his shorts down and saw that he (the kid) had a knife on him. Nic said that he also saw someone had a “longer knife” that looked like a kitchen knife. Nic told me he didn’t know what happened to either knife, but when the one kid “attacked” him, he took that knife from the individual. Nic described the knife he took as a “smaller knife”.
I asked Nic how he even came to be in contact with this group of individuals. Nic said that Ariel lost his phone, but the phone had been inside a “floater”, one of the bags provided to tubers to prevent valuables from sinking. Nic said he was helping Ariel look for the phone. Nic said he had his snorkel gear and while looking for the phone, approached a group of individuals who appeared to have located something. Nic said when he asked the group if they’d found a cell phone, the group got off of their tubes and “came at me” and were calling him names. Nic said that the group of people were “insulting” him for being in the water with snorkel gear. Nic said he told the group that all he wanted to know was if they’d found a phone, as he believed they’d located something.
Nic said that the individuals came at him and grabbed his snorkel and goggles and threw them in the river. Nic told me that the water was running so fast, the snorkel and goggles floated away. Nic said by that time, another group of individuals, mostly female, had approached the area from the other side of the river. Nic said that group of people were also yelling at him about being a “child molester”.
08/01/2022 5

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 6 of 9
Nic said he didn’t know what happened other than “they attacked me” and “I was in self-defense mode”. Nic said after that, he went over to his group of people. Nic said his group asked him what happened, but he wouldn’t tell them. Nic told me he was in shock and wouldn’t tell anyone what happened. Nic said that someone from his group motioned to the river where a large group of people had gathered and made a comment about that group of people appeared to be arguing.
I provided Nic a piece of paper and a pen and asked if he could map out for me where he was on the river when the incident took place. Nic began to map a diagram (not to scale). Nic estimated his group was about 100 feet upriver from the other two groups of people. Nic said there were actually two groups of people that attacked him: one on each side of the river. Nic explained that he’d been snorkeling back and forth between the two groups looking for the cell phone. Nic said he’d heard someone from one of the groups say something that led Nic to believe that they’d found something. Nic said that when he asked about it, the first group started calling him names and attacking him. Nic said that members of the group hit and pushed him. Nic recalled that there was a female that came up behind him from the other group and hit him twice in the back of the head. Nic said that he remembered someone grabbing the goggles right off of his face and throwing them into the river. Nic described the goggles as being clear and the snorkel as being white colored. I told Nic that I’d been informed by other investigators that the goggles and snorkel had been recovered.
I asked Nic if it seemed as though the two groups of people were together on the river and he said yes, he believed so. Nic told me that he’d feared for his life. Nic said that when the group started hitting him and two of the individuals pointed a smaller knife at him, “I thought that was it for me”. Nic said, “Luckily, I took it from one of the young kids”. I asked Nic what he did with the knife, and he said, “I don’t even know”. I asked Nic if the knife made contact with someone, and he said he didn’t remember. Nic said that the group of people was “so close” to him. Nic told me that one kid had the smaller knife in his hand, so Nic said he grabbed the individual’s arm, twisted it, and “I poked him with his own hand”. Nic said he then took the knife from the individual who’d been in possession of it, and then started swinging it. Nic told me he was swinging the knife all around him because, “I wanted out”. Nic said people were coming at him, punching him, hitting him, and circling around him. Nic said that the group was really close to him and pushing him in the river. Nic said he didn’t know what, if anything, the knife came into contact with. Nic said he didn’t know what happened to the other larger knife that someone had brandished. Nic said that immediately after it happened, he started running back across the river to his group. Nic said that was when his group started asking him what happened, but he wouldn’t tell them.
Nic said he didn’t want to tell his group what had happened because he didn’t want anyone roused up. Nic said he was worried his group would want to confront the kids who had attacked him. Nic said that the group of individuals who attacked him were “too drunk” and “too set on going after people”. Nic said during the attack, his group had no idea what was going on, other than at one point, Ernesto came toward him and asked if he’d found the cell phone. Nic said he told Ernesto that he believed the group had found something, but they wouldn’t tell him what it was. Nic said that Ernesto asked him if he was okay, but Nic said he didn’t want to talk about it.
Nic said that there were some women in his group who had heard that there’d been something going on with the two groups on the river, so they’d called 911. I asked Nic if he’d seen what was going on when the women decided to call 911 and he said no.
I asked Nic if he had a knife with him today and he said “No, absolutely no”. Nic said that he’d had one earlier in the day when he and Sandi arrived at River’s Edge that he’d used to cut the string that held the tubes together. Nic said he wasn’t sure what he’d done with the knife but believed he’d “gave it to one of the people” or left it in his vehicle. Nic thought it could also have been inside one of the bags that were in the Jeep. Nic explained that he’d brought tow/ratchet straps with because he didn’t want to pay for string to secure the tubes together. Nic
08/01/2022 6

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 7 of 9
said once he learned the string was free, he put the bag of straps back in his vehicle, and perhaps he’d put the knife in the bag with the straps.
I asked Nic if he had any cuts or marks on his body from being attacked. Nic said Amy had told him that he was bleeding from his left ear. Nic told me he’d washed his left ear in the river and didn’t think he was bleeding any more after that. Nic said he never saw any blood and didn’t know why he’d been bleeding from his ear.
Nic told me again that he never told his group what had happened and said, “Everything happened so fast”. Nic said he didn’t know why the group attacked him. Nic told me he didn’t know why the group took his snorkel or tried to pull his pants down and said, “I don’t know why they were being so mean”. Nic also asked, “Why did they want to scare me with a knife?”
Nic reiterated that he feared for his life while he was under attack. Nic said afterward, he was extremely shocked and couldn’t talk to anyone. Nic said he didn’t know how this happened or how he even got away from them. Nic said that he was struck on his back and one female smacked him on his right ear. Nic told me couldn’t really see what the group was doing to him because he was tripping over the rocks in the river.
Nic said he was in fear for his life. Nic said he was still fearful that the group would find out who he was, and he was afraid the group was going to look for or do something to Sandi. Nic said he’d drank a lot of beer today, however, I couldn’t smell any odor of intoxicants coming from his person. Nic said he didn’t drink hard alcohol since his quadruple bypass about a year and a half ago. Nic said part of the reason he was so afraid of the group that attacked him was because he wasn’t in the best of health. Nic showed me a scar on his left wrist from where a piece of vein was removed for the heart valve replacement. Nic told me as a result of his heart condition, he took five medications that he took in the evening. I told Nic I would contact Sandi and make arrangements to get the medications delivered to the jail.
I asked Nic if he used his cell phone at all today and he said he took a few pictures but didn’t do anything with them. Nic said he had not used his phone before or after the incident.
I showed Nic the image that had been disseminated and he confirmed that it was of him. I asked Nic what was happening at the time the image was taken, and he said, “They were fighting me” and that both boys had pointed the knives at him. Nic said he didn’t notice anyone taking his photo and described himself as “very, very scared”. Nic said he didn’t know what was going to happen next. Nic said it all started when people from both groups kept calling him a “child molester” and wanted to beat him up. Nic said the individuals in the groups did not look old enough to legally consume alcohol.
Nic repeated that he’d taken the knife from one of the individuals and waved it at the group around him. Nic said he wasn’t sure if he’d struck the female that hit him twice or not.
I asked Nic if he would consent to providing me a DNA sample and he asked if he should wait and ask a lawyer. I told Nic that a colleague of mine was in the process of applying for a search warrant, so I would obtain his DNA either by consent or by warrant. Nic consented to providing me a DNA sample. I told Nic I would also like a nurse to examine his body for injuries and look at his ears since he’d reported having been struck and possibly bleeding from them. Nic wondered if he should consult with an attorney. I told him again that I had a colleague in the process of applying for a search warrant for an examination of his body. Nic consented to an examination of his body.
Nic told me that after the women in his group called 911, they waited there for a long time. Nic said he saw law enforcement on the other side of the river. Nic said when he got back to his group, it looked like a bunch of people from the two groups were fighting with one another. Nic said that he wanted to wait there in the event
08/01/2022 7

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 8 of 9
that police needed to talk to him about what happened with the two groups. Nic said that his group eventually decided to leave and head back down the river. Nic stated again that he was quiet on the way down the river and didn’t know what to say. Nic said he’d just gotten his “ass kicked” by a bunch of kids on the river so what was he supposed to say.
Nic said he didn’t know what happened and asked if I could tell him. I told Nic that four individuals sustained injuries and one person died. Nic said, “Oh no” and asked if the individuals sustained injuries because they were fighting with each other, and I said I didn’t know. Nic then put his head in his hands and said, “Oh my god”. Nic said his whole life was “down the tubes”. Nic said he was sorry for how this ended up.
I put on rubber gloves and removed two swabs from the sealed, sterile packaging. I rubbed the swabs along Nic’s lower gumline and inner cheek. I put the swabs into a white cardboard box with the case number and Nic’s name on it. I placed the box in a paper evidence bag with Nic’s name on it and sealed it in front of him. I later logged them into evidence at the sheriff’s office.
I also put Nic’s name on the diagram he drew and put the case number on it. I left the interview room and notified jail staff that Nic needed to use the restroom. I contacted the SART nurse who had been dispatched for the physical exam and briefed her of the situation. When she arrived in the jail, jail staff escorted Nic to the booking area. I asked Nic again if he consented to the exam and he said he did. Jail staff and the nurse brought Nic into the nurse’s office for the exam.
I went back to the sheriff’s office to log the items I’d collected. At approximately 2230 hours, I went back to the jail and collected the SART kit and paperwork from Ashley Price, RN. I placed the kit into evidence at the sheriff’s office.
I also contacted Inv. Dittman who was in Minnesota conducting interviews. I asked Inv. Dittman to go to the Miu residence and speak with Sandi about getting Nic’s medications. I also told Inv. Dittman that Nic had reported that he’d left the knife in the Jeep after he’d cut the string on the tubes and asked that he (Inv. Dittman) check the vehicle for the knife. I then called Sandi and let her know that Inv. Dittman would be stopping by the house for Nic’s medications and to look for the knife.
On July 31, 2022, I was notified that Nic wanted to speak to an investigator. I went to the jail and Nic told me that he was in in pain in the abdomen and lower back from being attacked on the river. Nic told me that he received Tylenol for the pain but wanted me to document it.
I have no further information at this time. This case remains under investigation.
This is on information and belief of the undersigned Complainant based on information given to him/her by the following reliable informants: Jawahn Cockfield, citizen witness, and Deputy Mitchell Schaeppi and Lieutenant Brandie Hart of the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office.
Subscribed and sworn to before me on 08/01/22 Electronically Signed By:
Erica T. Ellenwood
Deputy District Attorney
State Bar #: 1085879
Electronically Signed By: Sgt. Johnson 8250 Complainant
08/01/2022

Case 2022CF000518 Document 2 Filed 08-01-2022 Page 9 of 9
08/01/2022 9

Reactions: babyguppy
I read most of that and it sounds like what someone previously said about it being a "floating trailer park". Bunch of low IQ people who can't stop escalating & then bad stuff happens.

Living in Northern California I never really had to deal with these types but here in Arizona they are everywhere.

I pictured Creek paddling by in a canoe tossing out shanks like they were Mardi Gras beads.
Mi5qcGc

Well, I hear a lot of CYA going on
Nic said he didn’t know why the group attacked him. Nic told me he didn’t know why the group took his snorkel or tried to pull his pants down and said, “I don’t know why they were being so mean”. Nic also asked, “Why did they want to scare me with a knife?”​
Nic said, "the other group had a knife"​
Nic said, "he was injured from being attacked"​
Nic said, "he was fearful of his life"​

question still comes out, Nic had the ability to leave, and didn't; instead pulled a knife and started stabbing. Which Nic said was because he said they had one.
Would love to see the video.

Nic's buddy said
Nic also asked, “Why did they want to scare me with a knife?”​
Nic reiterated that he feared for his life while he was under attack. Nic said afterward, he was extremely shocked and couldn’t talk to anyone. Nic said he didn’t know how this happened or how he even got away from them. Nic said that he was struck on his back and one female smacked him on his right ear. Nic told me couldn’t really see what the group was doing to him because he was tripping over the rocks in the river.​
Nic said he was in fear for his life. Nic said he was still fearful that the group would find out who he was, and he was afraid the group was going to look for or do something to Sandi. Nic said he’d drank a lot of beer today, however,​
his buddy said, " I couldn’t smell any odor of intoxicants coming from his person."​
IMO - I'm sure, the police gave him a blood test, so this should confirm if Nic actually drank or not. If Nic comes up clean with low BAC, I'm leaning towards the kids telling the truth.

Not sure how long Nic floated down the river, but I'm sure he was thinking the whole time.

IMO - I'm sure, the police gave him a blood test, so this should confirm if Nic actually drank or not. If Nic comes up clean with low BAC, I'm leaning towards the kids telling the truth.
Idk about all that

I got jumped in high school by 2 people. I blocked out from when o got knocked down to when I was on top of the one taking care of business. Whipped both of em. Wasn’t intoxicated. Don’t remember a good part of it.

Reactions: shoobe01
I read the nine pages; still want to see the video. Both stories suggest he was confronted by a MOB. Not four guys, a mob. I don't see how they get Murder 1 out of this. Manslaughter at most.
Given it now states two different groups of tubers were involved the original news story looks even more ludicrous. Chalking this one up to "when drunken assholes collide".

Standard Democrat investigation always leads to charging the most white, most innocent and most likely victim of a criminal attack. The Soros funded shitbags in law enforcement and prosecutors offices are there solely to protect felons from their victims. Hopefully, this guy can get a lawyer who is worth a hoot and get himself acquitted.

A few years ago in the Spokane, WA area a guy walks out to go to work and confronts a career felon stealing his work truck and $50K worth of tools. The felon is from a family of felons and had about 100 previous felony arrests for robbery, prowling, thieving and car theft along with the usual violent crap.

As felon backs up truck into the truck owner to run him over he makes a gun gesture with his cell phone, this was seen by owner thru window before he dove out of the way. Felon puts truck in gear and heads down alley, owner fires one shot and drills shitbag in the back of the head, killing shitbag. Cops arrive and congratulate homeowner for lowering crime rate in city by 50% with one 50 cent bullet. Homeowner relaxes and figures all is well.

Detectives arrive and arrest homeowner for 1st degree murder, ask for $1 million dollar bond and go tell felons family the bad news. Felons father steals detectives car while they are on his front porch in an act of disjointed felon rage of some such shit. They give entire felon family a pass on the last 90 day crime spree. Detectives claimed the dead felon was driving away at 70mph and that the 20 year old Chevy Suburban had accelerated to 70mph in less than 75 feet and that the evil home owner had decided to murder him. According to "science" that Chevy would have required a mere 7,000 horsepower to reach 70mph in 75 feet or less.

I forwarded a list of 100 shootings in the previous 12 months where a cop killed a guy pointing a cell phone at him to this guys lawyer. I also included a description of how fast a funny car accelerates and that it requires considerable power to hit incredible speeds. I threw in a check for $100 bucks in legal fees as did hundreds of other people. He was acquitted and according to Washington state law, the persecutor was forced to pay his legal fees and lost wages.

Point of the story? Cops lie and prosecutors lie like dogs, they will both distort everything they say publicly to contaminate the jury pool and get a wrongful conviction against the innocent man. They will use this conviction to warn off people from daring to defend themselves against the criminals they are aligned with.

I can hear those dried up cunts on The View right now: He crossed state lines with a knife! He crossed state lines! With a knife!

I’m going to keep tabs on this one because it’s so interesting. Usually I don’t care but there’s something about this one.

Standard Democrat investigation always leads to charging the most white, most innocent and most likely victim of a criminal attack. The Soros funded shitbags in law enforcement and prosecutors offices are there solely to protect felons from their victims.

Didn't want to bring this up, but one of my first thoughts on this: reminded me of the Bodega incident and even the suggestions that Kyle "should have just taken a beatdown". Telling people you CANNOT fight back or we will prosecute YOU.

Last edited:
Women throwing gasoline on a fire again? Bets on a mouthy entitled female starting the verbal and escalating until her knights in shining armour attempted to defend her offended honor?

My impression - may be wrong - from reading the statement is that "suspect" thought she had the missing phone and was hiding it from him (the blondie in the one-piece).

Its much better to be mousy, quiet, and be ready to protect yourself.

I don't trust the prosecutors or the police. To do a fair and impartial investigation or prosecution. To many politics in both of those houses!

A number of years ago There was a guy in downtown Minneapolis who was being assaulted by another guy . The guy took several punch's
as he was walking away form the attacker. The attacker kept following and punching the guy walking away.
Finally the guy being assaulted turns back and takes one swing and catches the attacker right on the jaw and drops him.
One punch was all he threw. The attacker bounces his head off the street. The attacker ends up achieving room temp.
The whole thing was captured on a security camera.
The DA prosecuted the guy and convicted him of manslaughter. The guy threw one punch in self-defenses.
My question was how many punches to the back of your head are you supposed to take ? Before you can defend yourself from further assault ?
Apparently in Minneapolis as many as the attacker wants to throw at you.
The message is very clear only the state and it's enforcers have the right to use force , on the state's behalf!
The rest of us are suppose to willingly take any and all violence aimed at us by criminals or the state with zero self defense.
There are other cases that I can recall where self defense resulted in charges being brought against people who were clearly defending themselves.

As far as this case goes . We will see what shakes out as more info come out.
Avoid stupid places . With stupid people. Doing stupid things! The three S"s will serve you well.

Reactions: shoobe01
I don't trust the prosecutors or the police. To do a fair and impartial investigation or prosecution. To many politics in both of those houses!

A number of years ago There was a guy in downtown Minneapolis who was being assaulted by another guy . The guy took several punch's
as he was walking away form the attacker. The attacker kept following and punching the guy walking away.
Finally the guy being assaulted turns back and takes one swing and catches the attacker right on the jaw and drops him.
One punch was all he threw. The attacker bounces his head off the street. The attacker ends up achieving room temp.
The whole thing was captured on a security camera.
The DA prosecuted the guy and convicted him of manslaughter. The guy threw one punch in self-defenses.
My question was how many punches to the back of your head are you supposed to take ? Before you can defend yourself from further assault ?
Apparently in Minneapolis as many as the attacker wants to throw at you.
The message is very clear only the state and it's enforcers have the right to use force , on the state's behalf!
The rest of us are suppose to willingly take any and all violence aimed at us by criminals or the state with zero self defense.
There are other cases that I can recall where self defense resulted in charges being brought against people who were clearly defending themselves.

As far as this case goes . We will see what shakes out as more info come out.
Avoid stupid places . With stupid people. Doing stupid things! The three S"s will serve you well.
A District Attorney, Jose Garza of Austin, filed charges against an Uber driver that shot a melon headed member of Antifa that came up to his car window and pointed an AK at him.

For some locales, it seems like this is the case. Rittenhouse, bodega guy, and based on the scant info here, seems real similar.

Based only on the scant info we have so far, reading through the report, the gist I get, is that a dual degree (engineering/mathematics), 50+ year, out-of-shape, with a bad ticker, probably never been in a fight, nor how to do so panicked. He was surrounded, in water, slipping, punched/shoved into the drink several times, and was scared shitless he was probably going to get drowned, and starts lashing out with the only tool he had...that small pocket knife. Unfortunately for the small mob, that little knife fucked them up bad. I'm also willing to give a pass to the guy for smacking a girl; if a guy that doesn't know how to fight or take a punch, gets punched by a female, and he smacks her back, especially if in the mix of other dudes punching/shoving him at the same time...yeah, I'll give that guy a pass if he punches anyone back...male or female, if you are participating in the group assault, you're fair game.

I also find it pathetic that "the law" decides this guy, while being pushed from behind, and in front, "had opportunity for egress." Fuck off. In the context of the individual and situation (out-of-shape, bad ticker, older, slipping in water, shoved/attacked from front/behind), how the hell can he escape? Again, without further info, like fuller video, I'm so far leaning toward a timid, scared guy, not knowing how to get away from the predicament and lashing out in a panic after being attacked on multiple fronts.

He should walk.

Even when you're drunk you shouldn't start shit.

Reactions: BCP
There's just something about navigable waterways, warm weather, and Igloos full of cheap beer that bring out the best in human beings.

We have a few hotspots around here that throngs of people congregate at to tube/canoe, consume alcohol, and generally find ways to end up in the JailBirds publication.

I avoid large crowds as it is... But I especially avoid crowds where Randy the drywaller likes to get piss drunk and find any excuse to get sore at someone because "some guy was checkin' out his ol' lady." (The fact that his "ol lady" Tina was piss drunk herself and flashing her jugs at everyone that floated by is immaterial)

Eventually, Randy is going to find someone who DNGAF, bash Randy's brains out with a Coors Light bottle and then hold his head underwater until bubbles quit coming up.

Having said all that, I will reserve judgement of the accused. That list of charges is a mile long... Which makes me wonder if the prosecutor knows he has an iffy case and is throwing every charge he can come up with at this guy... Hoping he can get one to stick and keep up his conviction record. Or he's a crusader out to prove that the people in his district can't just defend their lives all willy-nilly. Can't have a repeat of Rittenhouse now... People might get the idea that their lives, liberty, and property are their own.

And I will say that for the most part that "duty to retreat" is BS. If enough of these drunk, cocky kids have to help their drunk, cocky buddy walk into the ER carrying his own entrails in a beer cooler... maybe they'll rethink the whole drunk, cocky, routine.

Mike

Eh females wanna be equal, he made her equal.
Absolutely. Said this for years. You're either the equal sex or the weaker sex... You don't get to change your mind depending on the situation.

Mike

"...Eventually, Randy is going to find someone who DNGAF, bash Randy's brains out with a Coors Light bottle and then hold his head underwater until bubbles quit coming up."

Somehow, I can picture this.

This man has been around and observed some things.

"...Eventually, Randy is going to find someone who DNGAF, bash Randy's brains out with a Coors Light bottle and then hold his head underwater until bubbles quit coming up."

Somehow I can picture this.

This man has been around and observed some things.
Well, I didn't use a Coors Light bottle... It was Corona.

(I'm kidding)

Mike

• Love
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
A man of refined taste even while floating in a urine filled river. Thats class.
There is nothing wrong with Nic standing his ground, and not running away when he is being called a pedo. If he thought the blond in the one piece may have the cell phone he was looking for, that is understandable.

HS age kids, combined with alcohol and girls, can be a dangerous combination. Nic's story sounds convincing to me. I would expect that it was far more likely that he was looking for the cellphone, than checking out the 20 yo girls. Guys want to appear tough, and stupid kids ganging together when they think they have the upper hand can be dangerous.

I hope he gets off. Very unlikely a 50 yo engineer is out on the river attacking people. And fuck the Democrat style newspaper.

There is nothing wrong with Nic standing his ground, and not running away when he is being called a pedo. If he thought the blond in the one piece may have the cell phone he was looking for, that is understandable.

HS age kids, combined with alcohol and girls, can be a dangerous combination. Nic's story sounds convincing to me. I would expect that it was far more likely that he was looking for the cellphone, than checking out the 20 yo girls. Guys want to appear tough, and stupid kids ganging together when they think they have the upper hand can be dangerous.

I hope he gets off. Very unlikely a 50 yo engineer is out on the river attacking people. And fuck the Democrat style newspaper.
Hey, you got no argument here. What does that have to do with drinking Corona?

• Love
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Two tiered justice sucks. If this guy had any savings it's going to be gone in legal fees. You do realize if this guy had different "ethnicity" there would be riots now over his imprisonment.
I don't doubt it...make it a group of Nick Sandmann-esque teenagers w/Catholic School MAGA hat evil and an "innocent" Native American and think how this would have been presented. Instead, it's an evil Russian vs. choir boys.

Few different sites reporting that some guy was going up to some children in a sexually inappropriate manner.

Without providing a specific example of what that was other than one group of tubers, in telling him to stop looking for the missing phone and "go away" (while also saying something to infer they had indeed found something), called him a pedophile. Where are the videos of his "pedophilic" behavior, or even descriptions?

Without providing a specific example of what that was other than one group of tubers, in telling him to stop looking for the missing phone and "go away" (while also saying something to infer they had indeed found something), called him a pedophile. Where are the videos of his "pedophilic" behavior, or even descriptions?
Yeah, it's not like they have a video much less multiple video footage of him touching little girls inappropriately and sniffing their hair.

OTOH, if he's from Romania or one of those other communist shitholes and still acts like 'a wild and crazy guy' whenever he gets around American 'foxes' with their big American breasts, he may have made some stupid comments.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UKDslayer
I can't help but be stricken buy the hypocrisy in the police report. I see no evidence presented that Nicoli slapped anyone first, that part is hearsay. Then lets look at the events that transpire. I see no mention of how the kids had plenty space and time to retreat. Then the slap is used to justify their actions toward him. As though you need to jump a guy "for self defense." They also try to disqualify that he was being attacked by saying he was "slapped with an open hand."

ITs not like you have to be hit first for defending yourself to be self defense. Someone gets in your personal space and says they are going to fuck you up. You should not have to wait for the attack to begin to defend yourself.

I can't help but be stricken buy the hypocrisy in the police report. I see no evidence presented that Nicoli slapped anyone first, that part is hearsay. Then lets look at the events that transpire. I see no mention of how the kids had plenty space and time to retreat. Then the slap is used to justify their actions toward him. As though you need to jump a guy "for self defense." They also try to disqualify that he was being attacked by saying he was "slapped with an open hand."

ITs not like you have to be hit first for defending yourself to be self defense. Someone gets in your personal space and says they are going to fuck you up. You should not have to wait for the attack to begin to defend yourself.
From what I gathered from other accounts the 17 yr. old pushed old guy back, I'm assuming toward deeper water, old guy fell backwards and was floundering on top of the water and 17 yr. old bitch slapped him open handed on left side of the old guy's face. Old guy stands up and had the knife out at that point, 17 yr. old pushed him backwards again and thats when 17 yr. got gutted.

Others were coming in at other angles and putting their hands on the old guy, including two piece bikini girl, and they got cut during that time.

Comments from others familiar with that area say not only is this type of behavior typical for the Apple River, the cops are notoriously corrupt.

I call BS on the fact the wife and his group's flotilla didn't have knowledge of this or didn't at least see and hear an altercation going on. There had to be yelling during that time and I doubt the old guy had separated himself that far from the group.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
A man of refined taste even while floating in a urine filled river. Thats class.
Yeah... No. I don't drink Corona either. Tried it once. My buddy asked what I thought. Told him it tasted like a wet dog smells.

I actually can't remember the last time I drank a beer.

When I actually do drink my go-to is Long Island Iced Tea... I like my liquor flavored with liquor.

Probably not the level of class that river tubers would appreciate... But it gets me loose in a jiffy. Lol.

Mike