• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes has there ever been a poll on scope manufactures ?

Bravo 1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2010
USA
Has there ever been a poll on this site that asked a question if you could buy any scope manufacture of your choice which would you buy ?

I searched and found nothing but I think it would be interesting to see the numbers.

I'm thinking a good survey would be about 5 scope manufactures.

Not any power, extras on the scope , reticles etc but manufactures only.

The poll would give a bar graph and number after you voted showing the results.

Not sure how to do it or I would contact the mods and get the OK.

Re: has there ever been a poll on scope manufactures ?

There was a few years ago. Just make a new one if you're so inclined:

Capture.jpg

There have been many polls that asked such a question but it really is pointless. Scopes, like rifles, are tools that are used for specific task. I wouldn't take my 1-4x24 vortex and use it my 338 Lapua. Thus I don't, nor does any shooter who know what they are doing, buy scope purely on brand name. Sure we all have certain manufacturers that we prefer but there is no golden bullet. Personally I stick with two manufacturers because I know they offer good products, have good CS, and between the two they offer any optic I need.

Personally I find reticle to be a huge consideration, then can I get the one I want in a quality scope. I think this is one of the biggest changes in recent yrs is reticle choices, mil-dots were a great idea, people expanded on the idea and for different applications it makes a difference.

Longshot38 said:
There have been many polls that asked such a question but it really is pointless.

I agree with you completly and many topics here as well as on other sites are pointless.

I just thought that it would make good conversation.

Nuff said.

I think this kind of a poll would be usefull if the intended use of the scope was well defined.

I'd like to see a poll related to scopes < $2000 for use in longer range day time tactical matches, 700 to 2500 yards.