• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help please identify and correct? Possible result of neglect

emulzhn

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2023
Philadelphia
Saw this tonight while cleaning her over. shot last about 4 mos now. Usually meticulous re cleaning with Hoppes 9. Last outing was in August after sending about 20 rounds. Did not swab after and sat in safe without dehumidifying agents. I was initially drawn to the exterior pitting, which I rubbed mildly with a surgical blade… but noticed that it was beyond just the surface. But on a closer observation, I see the copper colored irregularly shaped (what appears to be oxidation) or whatever it may be in the rifling. I don’t see anywhere else but then I don’t have a bore scope. HELP…
I almost sold my left nut for this MPA and horribly bothered. Thanks in advance All…

Attachments

• IMG_1169.jpeg
    IMG_1169.jpeg
    558.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1160.jpeg
    IMG_1160.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 54
It looks like corrosion but until you swab it out with solvent and a penetrating oil like Eezox or Kroil, it's hard to know for certain. However, I've seen barrels that looked bad inside that shot very well, so I'd probably clean it with solvent then go shoot it.

I had corrosion in 3 barrels per this thread but they all still shoot just as well as before.

Reactions: emulzhn