• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey western Montana folks

eca7891

Appearing that the housing boom has topped out. What will skew the numbers in the future is how the Government calculates "Housing"... In an effort to push the propaganda, a guy pitching a tent in his Mom's back yard will be called a New Housing Start. Next they will call a new RV rolling off the assembly line as "New Housing"... The deck is stacked.

My US Senator is Steve Daines (Montana)... With all that is going on in America, seems he has time to be lobbying for the US Embassy to re-open in Kiev Ukraine..... And people question why a person simply votes against a candidate rather than vote for one. this is a good example. He should be on the southern Border of the United States.

I don't know what it's like now but we almost bought this place in Yaak back in 2017. On 3 acres and backed up to the south fork of the Yaak river.

hmL4MaS.jpg

I don't know what it's like now but we almost bought this place in Yaak back in 2017. On 3 acres and backed up to the south fork of the Yaak river.

hmL4MaS.jpg
That is a ways north of Libby and Troy. those two towns have not seen the growth like Missoula, Bozeman and some of the other places highlighted in the TV show Yellowstone. A lot of off grid homesteads come on the market in that area. Long ride to find a Costco or Walmart.

The placement of refugees, just like the open border to the south is a well laid plan to target conservative strong holds and simply dilute the population.
Yep, it's not like all those Somalies the .gov settled in Minnesota are there because they wanted to see snow.

That is a ways north of Libby and Troy. those two towns have not seen the growth like Missoula, Bozeman and some of the other places highlighted in the TV show Yellowstone. A lot of off grid homesteads come on the market in that area. Long ride to find a Costco or Walmart.
Living in or near a city was never part of our plans.

I did see back then that even 30+ (might have been 50) miles away from Billings the area was filled with 20-acre-lot subdivisions for people that worked there.

Most (if not all) of the properties around Yaak were on-grid. Hell there was even a phone line to the property.

I have heard Missoula called the Berkeley of the north.

Interestingly enough, my wife's interest in Yaak was driven by an earlier TV show...."Mountain Men".

Last edited:
Yeah its getting pretty bad everywhere man, western Montana looks like a suburb of spokane, as does the panhandle of Idaho "Nor Cal".
I was visiting family in Utah last week and the discussion went into home and land prices.
According to a family member, even when you get way south of the Salt Lake population 5 acre lots in the middle of nowhere are $600,000

In the meantime over 1 million illegal immigrants have swept into our county since Oct.
I wonder what mass migration does to the demand for housing..
We're fucked if we don't get control of our borders
My wife's friend lives in Meridian and the whole area from Boise to Nampa looks like SoCal sprawl. Wall to wall subdivisions and strip malls. Before picking AZ we had briefly considered a couple locations in SE ID.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Living in or near a city was never part of our plans.

I did see back then that even 30+ (might have been 50) miles away from Billings the area was filled with 20-acre-lot subdivisions for people that worked there.

Most (if not all) of the properties around Yaak were on-grid. Hell there was even a phone line to the property.

I have heard Missula called the Berkeley of the north.
Bozeman and Missoula are the "target cities" for the liberals that desire to take over the state. Very similar to Portland, Oregon as far as having a voting majority in the State Senate. The I-5 corridor gets the money and Eastern Oregon gets the crumbs... A new US Senate district was formed here and out of state money is trying to buy that seat. Unfortunate for a beautiful state with good people. As one local politician told a group recently "It's a numbers game". Capturing the votes in the biggest cities beats all of the rural votes.

Bozeman and Missoula are the "target cities" for the liberals that desire to take over the state. Very similar to Portland, Oregon as far as having a voting majority in the State Senate. The I-5 corridor gets the money and Eastern Oregon gets the crumbs... A new US Senate district was formed here and out of state money is trying to buy that seat. Unfortunate for a beautiful state with good people. As one local politician told a group recently "It's a numbers game". Capturing the votes in the biggest cities beats all of the rural votes.
As it does in any state and is what they are seeing in TX as well. Where for too long they kept hiding behind the mantra of, "it's just down in Austin".

Once they flip that state it's game over.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Luckily Great Falls and Billings are red.

The scary thing is most of the rural areas are blue because farm bill subsidies.

The scary thing is most of the rural areas are blue because farm bill subsidies.
The ratio is changing daily.... Remember, 51% beats 49%......... The vote count on the new district will give guidance as to how things are changing.

That is a bull shit thing to say. As a farmer I can say that I have never voted based upon some bureaucrat handing out subsidies. In fact I can not name one of my neighbors that would have. I voted based upon morals and conservative values. In fact, Trump's good economy and strong dollar were horrible for ag commodities. Our prices are sharply lower during those times. If I was so worried about money.....I wouldn't have been a farmer. I have heard that stupid generalization for years from jealous assholes who live in town. Please stop saying that. It is not true.

That is a bull shit thing to say. As a farmer I can say that I have never voted based upon some bureaucrat handing out subsidies. In fact I can not name one of my neighbors that would have. I voted based upon morals and conservative values. In fact, Trump's good economy and strong dollar were horrible for ag commodities. Our prices are sharply lower during those times. If I was so worried about money.....I wouldn't have been a farmer. I have heard that stupid generalization for years from jealous assholes who live in town. Please stop saying that. It is not true.

You're one of few.

I'm not jealous. I know how much work it is and how little money is in it. That's why my farm is all leased and I don't run it.

Locally, I know that a majority of farmers and ranchers I talk to are all about freedom. Then they mention that they still have to vote for the Dems because they support them.
Lots of shitty land here, so most of them couldn't make it without getting paid by CRP programs and farm bill subsidies. They're voting for their pocket, not for what they say they want.

I've driven a few to the point of trying to start a fist fight by suggesting they improve their business model, rather than rely on subsidies.

• Angry
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Yeah.

A house popped up that peaked my interest.

I saw it was in Missoula county and immediately said fuck that.

Yeah.

A house popped up that peaked my interest.

I saw it was in Missoula county and immediately said fuck that.
There has been a lot of money dumped into that conversion. But studying the history of Portland, Oregon certainly is a road map to where many cities are going. Once the State Legislature is rolled over to the liberals and the tax money flows to the liberal strong hold cities and starves out the rural communities.... It will be too late. The poorest counties will be paying for the homeless camps, food banks, medical care, etc in the largest cities. Follow the money.... There is a lot to be made in the "Homeless Business".

Lr-131.

Wtf happened
Survival of the Fittest....
About LR-131: This referendum requires aggressive treatment for newborns, including those with fatal prognoses, even when no amount of medical care will save them. Doctors and nurses would have faced felony charges, a $50,000 fine, and up to 20 years in prison if they did not take an infant away from its family to perform resuscitative treatment, regardless of the medical circumstances and the family’s wishes.

Was this aimed pretty much at abortions?

Was this aimed pretty much at abortions?
It was, to a degree.... It also was an over reach of the Government.

LR-131 threatens doctors and nurses with a felony, a $50,000 fine, and up to 20 years in prison for offering compassionate care to families dealing with pregnancy complications, including lethal fetal abnormalities.​

The popularity of the show "Yellowstone" it is, again, just a show. So far it's been a snowy and icy fall heading into winter. Many of the transplants never imagined that they would have to buy snow tires for their car just to get out of their driveway.
Lake County, MT is a beautiful place. However, reality levels the playing field when planning a budget for a County.
An excellent letter is at the end of this article.

The popularity of the show "Yellowstone" it is, again, just a show. So far it's been a snowy and icy fall heading into winter. Many of the transplants never imagined that they would have to buy snow tires for their car just to get out of their driveway.
Lake County, MT is a beautiful place. However, reality levels the playing field when planning a budget for a County.
An excellent letter is at the end of this article.
That’s kinda comical what the tribal nation is asking of Montana

They are their own nation. Let them figure out their own solutions to their own problems.

Or dissolve the “nation and join the state and country.

Otherwise fuck off.

That’s just my simplistic option.

Which is the same for the reservations in MN as well.

I’m still looking in MT and the Rapid City area of SD.

I’m still looking in MT and the Rapid City area of SD.
Factor in that the COL is 30% to 40% higher if your mail is sent to a "Bedroom Community" and not to a Mega City. This is nothing new. People who live rural and drive an hour to work and an hour home are shopping and buying big ticket items in the big city where they are employed. Bedroom Communities with exploding populations have a City Council or other Government employed "Planners", etc that have "ZERO" experience at getting ahead of the curve of a population explosion. For 50 years I traveled and worked in this type of environment. Not one Bedroom Community is increasing the capacity of their infrastructure (Sewer, potable water, power grid, natural gas feed, traffic control, run off water situation, etc). Industry with good paying jobs don't build a plant near a bedroom community. Currently there is a housing shortage and prospective employees are doing their home work on housing, schools and house hold supplies before relocating. National and International businesses are closing up their small satellite stores and moving back to hubs of commerce. I see that almost daily here in Mayberry, RFD.........

Let the buyer beware.

"National and International businesses are closing up their small satellite stores and moving back to hubs of commerce. I see that almost daily here in Mayberry, RFD........."

Even over here on the east side, this is happening in The Tragic City every day. Despite air, rail, and interstate access, long standing national firms are consolidating or evaporating. Having displaced locally owned busineses, a vaccume is growing.

The news is good......
You will nave to ask yourself (and your family) what sacrifices they are willing to make in order to reside in "that area"....

There are folks here who are 1) Staying with friends or relatives, 2) Living in their RV's, 3) Camping in the National Forest, 4) People living in Denver, Salt Lake City, Reno, etc are renting Montana Airbnb's, driving up and spending a few days at a time.... All looking for a permanent residence here.

Strictly speculation on my part - - - - October, November and December will bring some more desirable properties with seller's more willing to negotiate. Every week, the old timer's die off or the kids move them to assisted living. I have met their adult children at the Estate Sales. Those heirs have homes, careers, families in other area's and have no desire to return to Montana. The people camping out here are at those sales and are negotiating with the heirs... while the body is still warm. I see it first hand. I talk to the heirs and buy the things the old folks left behind. Some places have everything left but the guns and family albums.... The heirs only want the $$$.........

Here is a lead, if you are truly that committed:

Many people write "Swanson's Estate Sales" into their will so he can come in and sell / auction everything off.... You can contact Mike and ask him for leads on Estates that he will clean out so the heirs can sell the property. There are other's who do entire Estate Sales in different areas.

Best of Luck
You seeing the cost of building coming down at all in MT? Any update there?

Prices are dropping but not enough compared to what interest rates rising.

Better for cash buyers, not do great for folks needing a mortgage.

National outlook calls for prices to continue to drop for the next 3-6 months.

Notable things on interest that will impact things.

1. Russia is about to stomp the shit completely out of Ukraine. There will be no brokered peace. Escalation to include Europe may be possible but I’m doubting it.

2. Serbia is at it again. It could be a second war beginning to outbreak in Europe.

3. China may move on Taiwan in the next month. Give or take.

Any or all could have major economic impact.

That’s all my crystal ball says.