• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 375 cal 390 grain A-TIP G7 .497

measurements are listed above by a kind gentleman who has one.

Where is your backorder? I have 250 at Midsouth and 250 at Midway backordered, to diversify my chances. Obviously I'd prefer to deal exclusively with Midsouth, but I'll take the loss this time around.

Rumor on testing was they shot excellent and out to distance and I don't mean a 1k yards either.

Guess what barrels they shot them out of!
What twist barrel were they using for testing? I’m want to shoot these 390s and Warner 400 in one of your barrels, didn’t know if your 8 twist was too fast

Thinking about these in my 375 CT.

Any experince downrange with loads?

What twist barrel were they using for testing? I’m want to shoot these 390s and Warner 400 in one of your barrels, didn’t know if your 8 twist was too fast

I know all of the original ones we made them where 1-9.75 twist and where for the ATIPs for sure. These where long like 32" to 36" long barrels.

The 8 twist shouldn't hurt anything.

Later, Frank

Reactions: aauya
They're not new lol, they were announced almost a year ago. I'm a big fan of hornady but they really need to stop hyping up stuff that they can't deliver right away. I have 2000 on back order with them between the 390s and 500s for my ELR teams.

1590792134706.png

Thats the latest from Hornady on the A-Tips, they're coming up on a full year since they announced them.

How much free bore are you guys running on the 390g atip in 375 enabelr chambering? I plan on running these out of a cadex dual strike chassis and mags.

I've had them on backorder for a year now. My personal feeling is that once the COVID/Riots/DemocratPresident fever set it, Hornady has been focusing on other priorities.
Everyone in the industry is jammed up. I don't see things getting better anytime soon!

I've had ammo on order with some of the ammo companies going back to May of last year....I cannot get anyone to even give me a ball park date when it's coming.

Some stuff we have received over time and some we are still waiting on.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Reactions: Geno C.
The cool kids have been shooting them for a while. Not sure why the public hasn’t been able to get them

Reactions: jasent
The cool kids have been shooting them for a while. Not sure why the public hasn’t been able to get them

Having seen every other atip blow up... i wonder if there's a revision coming.

250 incoming from Midsouth, just got a backorder notice. I bet they're going to start flowing now. However Midsouth shows out of stock so there may be a massive pent up backorder demand that has to be satisfied first. SOA2

Loaded up 15 tonight, at 124, 126, & 128 grains n570 in Jamison brass (intentional weak link) with federal 215M, COAL 4.350. That’s based on QL and assuming some things aiming for same pressure as my SMK load which is 132 grains n570 at just below 3200 fps in a 35” Lilja tube. Stay tuned for results in the next few days.

Attachments

• D56BFBEA-B81F-45C8-ABE7-044D5AD48663.jpeg
    D56BFBEA-B81F-45C8-ABE7-044D5AD48663.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 4A19E88A-2EBB-48AE-B351-DD3E5B4EE6E9.jpeg
    4A19E88A-2EBB-48AE-B351-DD3E5B4EE6E9.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: MR. MRAD
Loaded up 15 tonight, at 124, 126, & 128 grains n570 in Jamison brass (intentional weak link) with federal 215M, COAL 4.350. That’s based on QL and assuming some things aiming for same pressure as my SMK load which is 132 grains n570 at just below 3200 fps in a 35” Lilja tube. Stay tuned for results in the next few days.
You stated Jamison brass not Bertram.

You stated Jamison brass not Bertram.
Yes and I stated I’m intentionally using Jamison as the “weak link” so I detect pressure sooner during load development, something a famous rifle builder (blanking on name now maybe Ackley) has recommended online that I once read in the past.

You can see pressure on bertram sooner than Jamison by looking for ejector marks. Bertram show that way before the others do. Jamison loses pockets before showing ejector marks

My brass stands testament for all to see. It is a max load no doubt. But I have shot over 3000 rounds of 375CT since 2013 in >6 different barrels (DT, Lilja, Bartlein, K&P), and have been reloading for over 30 years and have generally been - as a review of my posts over the years has clearly shown - a cautious pressure guy who gives a bias towards brass life. The pictured brass is 4+ fired. All can judge for themselves, and exercise their own independent caution as is always warranted.

Attachments

• 38AC8EC2-A16E-4517-BFA5-139EDA21D1DC.jpeg
    38AC8EC2-A16E-4517-BFA5-139EDA21D1DC.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 89
  • BFC0FB57-9AE7-4B81-9320-7AF3DE0444B1.jpeg
    BFC0FB57-9AE7-4B81-9320-7AF3DE0444B1.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 92
  • BEB9FF8A-768C-4BE2-A027-D2A7AA653C5A.jpeg
    BEB9FF8A-768C-4BE2-A027-D2A7AA653C5A.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 2bits
PS I appreciate the observation that different brass has different weak link and the once fired factory DT ammo that I loaded the 15 test rounds into already had loose pockets (it was a 132 Retumbo load, the standard DT factory Fare with 352 CEB). I’m using it intentionally as “junk brass” for load development. I think we ought to not fight and just try to be honest about what is a max and/or safe/ and or brass preserving load and also n570 is not retumbo so why not just sit back and relax and encourage me to post honestly and without fear of retributive “I told you so” comments so that others can learn from what I’m doing.

Also agree with above poster that Bertram brass is GTG and far superior to Jamison which is basically junk (sorry). I have also been a Bertram guy over the years (review my posts) and it has greater case capacity than Peterson, but also far more chance of lot-to-lot variability and “malformed” potential (I have >100 new cases not labeled as malformed that are I’m sitting on) so I definitely favor Peterson now but Bertram is still an great case for the 375. I’m also the guy - the first - who had factory CheytacUSA AMMO split case bodies on him 7 years ago so I’m no stranger to problems with pressure in this round. Carry on.

PS I appreciate the observation that different brass has different weak link and the once fired factory DT ammo that I loaded the 15 test rounds into already had loose pockets (it was a 132 Retumbo load, the standard DT factory Fare with 352 CEB). I’m using it intentionally as “junk brass” for load development. I think we ought to not fight and just try to be honest about what is a max and/or safe/ and or brass preserving load and also n570 is not retumbo so why not just sit back and relax and encourage me to post honestly and without fear of retributive “I told you so” comments so that others can learn from what I’m doing.
Fear of “I told you so”? 😂 where have I said anything that will be proven false? Besides my opinion about you hating your brass, which is opinion. Seems you’re taking my comments as an attack to you personally. Maybe you should be the one to relax. I like when people actually share real info and say the good and bad of it. I’m probably the most relaxed guy you’ll ever talk to.

Also agree with above poster that Bertram brass is GTG and far superior to Jamison which is basically junk (sorry). I have also been a Bertram guy over the years (review my posts) and it has greater case capacity than Peterson, but also far more chance of lot-to-lot variability and “malformed” potential (I have >100 new cases not labeled as malformed that are I’m sitting on) so I definitely favor Peterson now but Bertram is still an great case for the 375. I’m also the guy - the first - who had factory CheytacUSA AMMO split case bodies on him 7 years ago so I’m no stranger to problems with pressure in this round. Carry on.
secondofangle, curious to hear your results now that you've had a few months with A-Tips what your results have been and what insights you have. Anything you can share?