• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hung Out To Dry by Del-ton

MrM4

FFL 07/02
Minuteman
I own a small shop that custom builds ARs and Uppers for people as well as NFA items. I placed a $1650.00 parts order on 2/23 with Del-Ton, I called to check and make sure each item was in stock. Once I had confirmed each item was in stock I hit the submit button on my internet order. The morning of 2/28 morning I get the following email for Del-ton:

Hi,
We are sorry, but at this time rifle parts are back ordered indefinitely. We can keep your order on back order if you wish, however we cannot give any time frame on when it may be shipped. We are sorry for any inconvenience. The items that are available for shipment on this order include the lower receivers, sling swivel and rivet. Please let me know if you would like for me to send available items.

Thanks,
Del-Ton Inc.

I called Del-ton (2/28) to see what had caused the back ordered. I was told that that on 2/27 Del-tons Higher ups had held a sales meeting and decided to halt shipment of parts orders that had been placed but not shipped so that Distributor demand for complete rifles could be met. After a long conversation with a very nice woman who answers the phones I was told that out of my $1650 order they could send the $0.20 front swivel rivet and nothing else, not even the LOWERS. I had already ordered another $600 worth of parts that Del-ton does not carry form a different seller to complete the uppers I needed to build for our customers.

I decided to cancel the order rather than sit on a permit back order list for the parts that I needed this week. The same parts I was told " Yes everything on your list is in stock, the parts will ship out soon, they just need to process the order".

During my phone call on 2/28 I was told the Distributors have priority, which I can understand, to a certain extent. What I cannot understand or believe is that Del-ton would do this to their other customers who already have standing orders and a history of buying from them in the past.

I own a small shop that does custom builds, that order was for parts that were going to some of my companies' customers who were expecting a finished product by a certain date. A date that was given to our customers after I talked with Del-ton and after I was told that we would have the parts in our shop shortly thereafter. I spent yesterday on the phone with many distributors trying to get the parts in time for us meet the dead line with our customers.

I cannot even begin to tell you how disappoint and annoyed we are with Del-ton pulling the rug out from under us after taking our order for parts that were in stock ready to ship. I could understand taking back orders from the day of the sales meeting forward on new orders. But to put existing orders on indefinite back order after telling us these item were in stock ready to ship is not acceptable. Our business was counting on their word that the parts would be here.

We choose to cancel the order. I asked the very nice lady who answered the phone call to share our extremely disappointed feelings with the higher ups at Del-ton. Clearly the decision was not her fault and she was very professional which I want to point out to her credit. I also explained that we would not be purchasing anything from them again.

I just wanted to share how little Del-ton seems to care about their repeat customers. We have had good dealings in the past with Del-Ton, but we are dissapointed in them now.

Re: Hung Out To Dry by Del-ton

You are most likely going to see this as the months go on more and more. I figure by election time you won't see many AR15 parts avail and the ones you do wee will be high priced. Not sure on what your needing but Brownells has been a good go to spot for things I have been needing.

Sucks they hung you out though. BTW Classic Arms has Del Ton M4 kits in stock but most likely if your doing custom that won't help you a bit....