• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Hunting rig: Replace my USO MR-10

dwent

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2019
I have a Bergera HMR Premier in .308 with a USO MR-10 on a 20 MOA base in Seekins Rings. I use this rifle for hunting blacktail and as a general practice rifle for punching paper. I plan to throw it in a lighter stock eventually but I feel like since the MR-10 came out some lighter comparable options have probably been released and I can shave a fair amount of weight here.

The scope weighs right around 30 ounces, which is way more than the 1.5 pounds I’ve seen it frequently advertised at. I’m looking for comparable optics I might replace it with. I’m fortunate to be able to get the Mil/LE discounts offered by most of the bigger names: Vortex, NF, Leupold, USO, etc, so that is definitely a consideration when comparing options.

I’m looking to stay FFP and don’t need much more than 10 power for this scope. I don’t want capped elevation. So far the 1-8 NX8 is looking like the most viable option but I’m wondering if there is anything else out there worth considering.