• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Which 223 mags did you use? The AI brand, accurate mag, MDT? I got a 223 bolt and barrel but haven’t swapped out yet and was curious which mag fed the 223 rounds smooth.

I had Wade Stuteville get me a .223 barrel for my Impact and it was amazingly accurate. The rifle didn't like Accurate mags, but fed beautifully with polymer AICS 223 magazines.

That explains why I bought 2.5 buttloads of them...

Reactions: Renomd
My pair of impacts.

92407253-BD84-4E7A-BCD6-E3AB60CF0AED.jpeg

I’ve got a Remington 700 5R in the for sale section that I would be willing to trade for an Impact Action if anyone has an extra. PM me interested. Hope I’m not breaking any rules here but I figured if anyone had an Impact they wished to part with, they would be here :)

If i need to remove, pls lmk.

Reactions: jkvinyard
Received the last piece today. Now just the countdown until range time Saturday to see how it does. As others have said the action is super smooth already, cant wait to feel it after a couple hundred rounds.

img.jpg

Is anyone running the Impact in an A5 Mcmillan? Just wondering if it fits well.

thanks

The fitment will basically just be determined by how well the A5 is inletted.
It can fit like a glove if done right, or butchered by a guy with a dremel.

Wade has one on the front page of his website:
https://www.stutevilleprecision.com/
491f97_20b5d6c4202b4f54b5d5265d2b890925~mv2_d_3264_1836_s_2.webp
Looks like a nice fit to me(y)

Mcmillan did a great job on their Inlet for the Impact. They graciously made one tweak to the tang area at my request after a few stocks had been built. Even the earliest ones fit very well, though.

I really like this action and the reviews but is it silly to be hung up on the trigger hanger issue and how the action wont drop in some stocks without needing extra fitment work? I feel like I want a simple action that will drop into any chassis without additional work.

I really like this action and the reviews but is it silly to be hung up on the trigger hanger issue and how the action wont drop in some stocks without needing extra fitment work? I feel like I want a simple action that will drop into any chassis without additional work.

Pretty sure most chassis will work.

A stock like mentioned above is a different story. Most stocks need a little work depending on action.

I have a budget of around $2k. I just got Tikka T3 30-06 that I will throw GAP LRHSi on and was wondering if you guys had suggestions for optics for Impact 18” 6.5 creed. I could go up to $2.5k. Thanks

MPA and Foundation are drop in. The latest Manners mini chassis (since February) are drop in. J Allen has a cage that is drop in as well.

Wade

MPA and Foundation are drop in. The latest Manners mini chassis (since February) are drop in. J Allen has a cage that is drop in as well.

Wade
Did not know about the manners. That’s awesome. Thanks

I have a budget of around $2k. I just got Tikka T3 30-06 that I will throw GAP LRHSi on and was wondering if you guys had suggestions for optics for Impact 18” 6.5 creed. I could go up to $2.5k. Thanks

Why not get the same scope? I run a Bushnell DMR (GAP reticle) on my 23” 6.5creed and recommend staying with the same reticle across Rifles. Simplifies things. Those can be had for $1,000-1,300 on here in classified

Why not get the same scope? I run a Bushnell DMR (GAP reticle) on my 23” 6.5creed and recommend staying with the same reticle across Rifles. Simplifies things. Those can be had for $1,000-1,300 on here in classified

I had dmr ii GAP Gen 3 I sold and currently have hdmr ii w/ h59. Great scopes but I feel like I want to step it up to the next level with the Impact action. Was looking at MK5 HD H59. Thoughts?

Reactions: Ripdog28
I felt this way about the gap tempest but with the impact I do what I need it’s that good of an action. I own two foundation stocks but love my krg whiskey 3 and modified the chassis to work. It’s so worth it....

I had dmr ii GAP Gen 3 I sold and currently have hdmr ii w/ h59. Great scopes but I feel like I want to step it up to the next level with the Impact action. Was looking at MK5 HD H59. Thoughts?

I have an MK5 with the TMR reticle on one of my guns and really like it. I actually have another still in the plastic wrap brand new that I may list here soon. PM me if you are interested and I can make you a deal.

For the price you can get them, they are a solid choice. Hard to find Horus reticles in anything better until you get into the 3k area.

Man for that budget you could really step up to used scopes like a Schmidt, atacr, or kahles k624i. I’ve seen in just a few pages , all of these on the for sale section for $2300 or under. I like all three and feel like at that level it just depends on features that fit you best and what you like.

I like how MPA is a drop in fit. However like others said, no dice with KRG. But apparently its easy to modify the inlet. I just dont want to. Ive got a Magpul Pro chassis im going to test though. Will post results.

I like how MPA is a drop in fit. However like others said, no dice with KRG. But apparently its easy to modify the inlet. I just dont want to. Ive got a Magpul Pro chassis im going to test though. Will post results.

I forgot to mention the Magpul Pro. This should drop in as well. They bought an action to ensure fit and had it at SHOT as a rifle.

I forgot to mention the Magpul Pro. This should drop in as well. They bought an action to ensure fit and had it at SHOT as a rifle.

Awesome! Yeah I noticed some pictures with the action in there and I figured that was enough for me to go ahead and pull the trigger on it. I wasn't sure if it was modified though just for pictures, but it's good to hear it will indeed fit! Thanks!
For anyone reading,
Impact Precision Customer support is top notch guys. They are here on the forums, they pick up the phone and answer emails without fail. I even got sent a free shirt because they were out of stock when I tried to buy an action. When they came back in stock (just a couple days later) they apologized to me for being out of stock and sent me a shirt lol. Who does that?! They even let me pick out a serial number and spent a good half hour on the phone with me talking about how the action was built and the idea behind every little part (even little details like why the bolt stop shroud extends from the body and what the protrusion should be at, spring weights, clearance tolerances etc...)
The action speaks for itself. I couldn't be a bigger Impact fan at this point.

Last edited:
Well for someone who has no history in ranges past 400yards, I have run 80 rounds of 6.5creed thru my Impact build, 23.5” muller works barrel, MPA comp chassis, Bushnell DMR. Probably 30 of those were between 800-1150 yards. This gun makes me look good. Granted the targets are 2’x2’ but seeing the impacts where my reticle was held is nice. The action is insanely smooth. Really loving it.

Just how much work would go into modifying a KRG Bravo or XRay to work with the impact? Has anyone done it yet?

Just how much work would go into modifying a KRG Bravo or XRay to work with the impact? Has anyone done it yet?
Man I do not know personally how much it takes but from what I’ve heard it just takes some relief where the trigger hanger goes in. Any competent gunsmith would be able to do it fairly quickly and get it up and running. Sorry to not have a definitive answer but I have never put an Impact or seen a KRG apart to know how much.

Vinny

Just wanted to start a thread and start some discussion on Impact actions. If you haven’t heard of them or got your hands on one, do yourself a favor and check them out. You’ll be glad you did. You can find us on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/impactprecisionshooting/ or Instagram @ impactprecisionshootingllc.
Go give us a like and follow us! We have actions in stock ready to ship and you can check out our website @ https://impactprecisionshooting.com/
These actions have been in the field for the past 3 years and proven themselves to be reliable in all conditions. If you like smooth, then Impact is where it’s at. Let us know if you have any questions. If you have any experience with an Impact shoot us a comment here and let us know what you think!
View attachment 6876304View attachment 6876305View attachment 6876307View attachment 6876308View attachment 6876309View attachment 6876312View attachment 6876313
I really love my Impact! Shout out to Tate for getting me set up with a proper PRS rig. Mine came complete from the factory in 6mm Creedmoor, Foundation stock, 26” barrel, and ARCA Swiss FL rail. I topped it with a Spuhr SP-4001 mount and Nightforce ATACR 7-35X56 F1 Riflescope with Mil-C reticule. I got interested in this rifle after shooting a friends Impact at the local club.

As a former benchrest competitor, I have to say this rig is bench rest accurate, has one of the smoothest actions, and best barrels I have ever owned. It ballances perfectly over a bag and the ARCA rail gives you lots of options.

I am pushing a Berger Hybrid 105 at 3140 fps. Here is a 5 shot, 100 yard group during early load development. I just quit and started shooting steel.

Attachments

• 55E87BAD-26EB-407F-814F-D21B817E2D0F.jpeg
    55E87BAD-26EB-407F-814F-D21B817E2D0F.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I see the barrels are around 800$. Is there another place that sells barrels to fit the impact action?

PVA will do a button barrel for a bit cheaper.

Most barrels cost $350 plus around $400 for chamber/threading.

Pretty hard to get away from spending $700 on a shouldered barrel.

I've run about 5000 rounds of 6BR and 6Dasher through these actions and I've not had one feeding or ejection issue with them. The actions are amazingly smooth.

I did have an issue with a firing pin assembly when I dropped it on the floor when I pulled it apart to clean it. I bent the firing pin, but Wade had me one in the mail the next day.

These guys are simply the best in the business.

Did you have to do anything modifications to the mags? I've got one coming and going to be running a 6br in it so curious!

Did you have to do anything modifications to the mags? I've got one coming and going to be running a 6br in it so curious!
Nope! I do use a Primal Rights mag spacer kit but some guys don't even do that. This action feeds and extracts the popular BR-based cartridges perfectly.

Colt, I run a br and I bought a spacer kit and hated loading it. So I took it out and don’t use it now. It feeds perfectly fine without it.

Reactions: jordan0317
I got my Impact back in August but I wanted to run it for a while before giving my feedback.

Put in in a MPA and bolted on a Diamond, no fitment problems at all. I threaded on a Stuteville prefit and it is easily as accurate as any other gun I have had.

I have ran it at multiple club matches and 2 national level matches with zero hiccups. I did however round the profile of the ejector plunger to cure a minor feeding problem when using the Magpul Pmags.

I switched to the Impact from an AIAX and I can say that I like the Impact better. The bolt lift and close is easier and it will run basically dry without lube, which in my opinion is huge for shooting dusty matches. When shooting in dusty conditions the Impact feels the same at the beginning of the day and the end.....really smooth.

To make it the perfect action I would like to see a AW mag cut, and a quick change barrel system like an AX, and maybe interchangeable bolt heads.

I got my Impact back in August but I wanted to run it for a while before giving my feedback.

Put in in a MPA and bolted on a Diamond, no fitment problems at all. I threaded on a Stuteville prefit and it is easily as accurate as any other gun I have had.

I have ran it at multiple club matches and 2 national level matches with zero hiccups. I did however round the profile of the ejector plunger to cure a minor feeding problem when using the Magpul Pmags.

I switched to the Impact from an AIAX and I can say that I like the Impact better. The bolt lift and close is easier and it will run basically dry without lube, which in my opinion is huge for shooting dusty matches. When shooting in dusty conditions the Impact feels the same at the beginning of the day and the end.....really smooth.

To make it the perfect action I would like to see a AW mag cut, and a quick change barrel system like an AX, and maybe interchangeable bolt heads.
Thanks for sharing!

If you prefer aw cut, you can request it and Impact will cut if for you. There might be a little wait time but they will do it. There are a few in the wild that people are running.

Has anyone ran a curtis axiom compared to impact and can give a comparison between the two. I definitely want my next action to be smooth.
Interested in this as well. I’m still between the 60 vs 90 bolt throw and the integral recoil lug vs pinned. So many solid choices these days

60 degree is always going to have a bit heavier bolt lift than a 90 due to the three lugs.

Pinned vs integral lug doesn’t really change much. The big difference is the cost. Pinned lug receivers can be milled out of a smaller billet. Integral lugs take larger billet + more waste = cost more.

I prefer integral just because I feel like it’s more stable as one piece. But I fully realize that’s probably not the case as a pinned lug torqued in with a barrel ain’t going anywhere.

I love my impacts. But best thing would be to go to a match and find people running both actions and try them out yourself.

They’ll both get the job done, but one will feel better to you personally.

Curtis is very light for a 3-lug. But lots say cocking an impact is like opening a remington 700 that has already been cocked. That is ultra light. I personally love 60 degree 3-lugs but am not wild about them without a swept handle. I really like my tempest. Either works though i'm eager to get my hands on an impact.

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman
Curtis is very light for a 3-lug. But lots say cocking an impact is like opening a remington 700 that has already been cocked. That is ultra light. I personally love 60 degree 3-lugs but am not wild about them without a swept handle. I really like my tempest. Either works though i'm eager to get my hands on an impact.

I need to get my hands on a Curtis to compare. But I’m currently extremely happy with my impacts, so it might be a while.

I don’t put a ton of value in bolt throw, as in a match I can’t remember a single time I noticed throw under time. Dry firing is a different story, but I treat it much like I do glass on top tier optics. They are all really good.

The impacts stood out to me because I can’t seem the make them bind, even when I try.......and they also run extremely smooth even when bone dry. I lube them to prevent galling, but it’s windy and dusty down here, so it’s nice they still run like glass when they dry up.

Man you make me want an impact so bad lol, i think it'd almost be counter productive to put hands on one because i'd want to get rid of my Bighorn. I feel the same way about my tempest when it comes to binding, it has never exhibited it on me. That and i honestly just love running the damn thing. Feeds ultra smooth with minimal effort to run due to AW mags and a 60 degree throw. I love it.

Man you make me want an impact so bad lol, i think it'd almost be counter productive to put hands on one because i'd want to get rid of my Bighorn. I feel the same way about my tempest when it comes to binding, it has never exhibited it on me. That and i honestly just love running the damn thing. Feeds ultra smooth with minimal effort to run due to AW mags and a 60 degree throw. I love it.

Don’t be a bitch. Just get an impact.

I’ve got 2 tempests an AXMC and an impact. The impact is a 223 so I end up shooting that the most because of price per round mainly. I’ve never had a single issue with it. Probably my favorite 90* throw action. If impact ever makes a 60* throw I’ll be the first on the list.

35E1BFFE-2A72-4000-A4A9-B3C029BDC371.jpeg

Reactions: McCrazy and 5RWill

Thanks for the video. If you ever get an impact, I hope you do a video just like this and throw your opinion on it too. I've never seen a video on the impact action being run.

Thanks for the video. If you ever get an impact, I hope you do a video just like this and throw your opinion on it too. I've never seen a video on the impact action being run.

I've got one of the tempest. Though just for clarification that's shane's video he's a member on here just wanted to give some clarity for the Curtis actions as i hear they're hella smooth.