• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact Precision Actions

Finally got my build fully put together between rifle, chassis, scope, and suppressor. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and more pleased with how well it shoots DTACS. The heavy weight is a nice plus for PRS matches.

As far as the action itself goes, it's hands down my favorite action I've laid hands on. I had some early issues because I'm apparently too dull to figure out a trigger hangar - I installed it upside down and then backwards before trying the right way last - but once I actually put it together properly it's been fantastic. Super smooth cycling straight out of the box, and it stays smooth regardless of if it's bone dry, drenched in oil, properly lubed, or filthy from shooting in the blowing dirt of Colorado farmlands (which sadly included all the freshly planted seed). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Nucleus I had previously, but it's an action that just works and that's the reason I bought it.

My only complaint would be that the partial cock on close and heavy firing pin spring affects the adjustment range on my TriggerTech Diamond. With the Nucleus I had it set to about 10oz without problems and it was fully drop safe down to below 4oz, but with the heavy spring on the Impact I have to set the trigger to about 14oz and that's as low as I can go without making it unsafe (setting the firing pin off when you close the bolt hard and fast).

Rifle specs:
Impact Precision 737R Action
Krieger 27" Heavy Varmint barrel chambered in 6BR by Keystone Accuracy
XLR Envy Heavy Fill Chassis with accessories (barricade stop, mercury buffer tube, weight kit, and a custom chunk of lead)
S&B PMII LP w/ T3 reticle and 6MIL Spuhr mount
Thunder Beast Ultra 7

aFPgyWn.jpg

sUrQvE3.jpg

IMG_20190321_181356_850.jpg

shot_1554451247557.jpg

20190404_180447.jpg

Anyone have any insider information when impact will release their lapua/Norma action?
I've been wanting to know the same thing. Even a standard magnum long action for a 300 PRC build would suffice. I emailed Impact a couple weeks ago and never heard back. I noticed Manners list an Impact long action inlet on their stock builder.

Anyone have any information on a possible Impact long action?

If a stock is inletted for a surgeon action. Is the impact action a "drop-in" fit? Is the side bolt release the same dimensions as a surgeon too?

How dare you post a picture of a 30lb 6BR with a sub - 1LB trigger on this forum!
I'm young and spry, in a pinch I can still run around with it in my hands or on my back in all of those scenarios where I'm told you absolutely need a lightweight gun. As far as the trigger goes, this thing feels like a double-action revolver compared to what you use in free pistol matches!

Or I can just acknowledge that this gun is built for a specific shooting game and keep using my cheap 30-06 beater for hunting and everything else where you want something light and powerful, ha ha.

Reactions: reubenski
Are others having an issue with the TT diamond at the lowest settings? Would the solution be a lighter firing pin spring? Thanks in advance. I’m currenlty using diamond in a defiance and just ordered an impact action

Finally got my build fully put together between rifle, chassis, scope, and suppressor. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and more pleased with how well it shoots DTACS. The heavy weight is a nice plus for PRS matches.

As far as the action itself goes, it's hands down my favorite action I've laid hands on. I had some early issues because I'm apparently too dull to figure out a trigger hangar - I installed it upside down and then backwards before trying the right way last - but once I actually put it together properly it's been fantastic. Super smooth cycling straight out of the box, and it stays smooth regardless of if it's bone dry, drenched in oil, properly lubed, or filthy from shooting in the blowing dirt of Colorado farmlands (which sadly included all the freshly planted seed). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Nucleus I had previously, but it's an action that just works and that's the reason I bought it.

My only complaint would be that the partial cock on close and heavy firing pin spring affects the adjustment range on my TriggerTech Diamond. With the Nucleus I had it set to about 10oz without problems and it was fully drop safe down to below 4oz, but with the heavy spring on the Impact I have to set the trigger to about 14oz and that's as low as I can go without making it unsafe (setting the firing pin off when you close the bolt hard and fast).

Rifle specs:
Impact Precision 737R Action
Krieger 27" Heavy Varmint barrel chambered in 6BR by Keystone Accuracy
XLR Envy Heavy Fill Chassis with accessories (barricade stop, mercury buffer tube, weight kit, and a custom chunk of lead)
S&B PMII LP w/ T3 reticle and 6MIL Spuhr mount
Thunder Beast Ultra 7

View attachment 7062924
View attachment 7062925
View attachment 7062926
View attachment 7062932
View attachment 7062933

Me likey!

If I understand correctly there are multiple trigger hangers available to sort issues like cock on close.

If I understand correctly there are multiple trigger hangers available to sort issues like cock on close.
The action is designed to be a partial cock on close action, about 50/50. Trigger hangars are meant to tune the sear engagement if you're overcocking the action, not remove all cock on close.
Anyone running an impact in 6br? How does it run from the mag in the impact?
I've had no issues running 6br out of ARC magazines with no spacer kit or Accurate Mags with a spacer kit.

Reactions: Changed
Anyone know the name of the company that was doing Easter sale for 2 barrels around $718. I can't seem to find them and want to put in an order before it ends.

Just got the impact out today. I was a bit nervous as I put it all together but shot nice little groups.

Group is at 350.

Impact 737r
6.5 marksman contour 24in by PVA
Pva jetblast
Manners prs1
Area 419 rail
Cal gen 2 atlas w/ rrs mount
Cronus BTR

Attachments

• 462DA883-A52B-4261-B9CC-97544596ABEA.jpeg
    462DA883-A52B-4261-B9CC-97544596ABEA.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 6593CA2F-C5E4-4248-BC90-868157C38B0E.jpeg
    6593CA2F-C5E4-4248-BC90-868157C38B0E.jpeg
    651.5 KB · Views: 223
What mags are you guys running with your impacts. Had one put together last week, my other rifle uses aw mags.. friend loaned me a magpul ai mag it feeds good just rather have metal. Mainly wondering if I can run mags without binder plate?

Running 6.5 creedmoor

Thanks guys
I’ll try to figure out how to post pics

What mags are you guys running with your impacts. Had one put together last week, my other rifle uses aw mags.. friend loaned me a magpul ai mag it feeds good just rather have metal. Mainly wondering if I can run mags without binder plate?

Running 6.5 creedmoor

Thanks guys
I’ll try to figure out how to post pics
Mine works well using either an Accurate Mag with no binder plate (I use a spacer kit for this, since I shoot 6BR) or an ARC mag without the spacer kit.

Reactions: keystoneshooter
At $1350 for the action they should be top notch. If it didn’t have all the attributes you all speak of what a disappointment it would be.
1350 is a steal and very competitive with other comparable offerings

I’ll start with a story.
My first precision rifle was based on a Stiller. I hated it. Too tight,had to be cleaned at lunch every match,bolt stop broke several times,horrible cs,just not a great action.
So I went to a defiance deviant. Great action but a tight one. Not much better than the Stiller to be honest. Yes it has a built in recoil lug and rail and that nice and it’s a very well machined action but at the end of the day,no frills.
So I was at an Alabama Precision match and it was windy and dry. Super dusty. Everyone was either cleaning their actions every couple stages or covering thier rifles to protect them from the dust. My deviant was having a hard time,I even went to a dry lube hoping it would help. It did but it was still tough.
So about mid day I was hiking from one stage to another thinking “I need something better,like an AI or something,something designed to eat dirt”. About that time I passed Tate Streater. The impact hadn’t been out long and I knew nothing about it. Tate didn’t know me from Adam but I asked “hey Tate how’re those impacts going for you?”
“Great you need to check one out”.. “deal”
So he brought me to the Oklahoma teams linup of rifles and said “he’d feel this one,I told him not to clean it”.. “this match?!”... “no never,we want to see where it fails”..
Holy smokes,this poor action looked like you through a handful of dirt in it. I though “this poor guy is prob struggling through each stage”..
Nope... I ran thee action a couple times and it was smooth as silk. I was sold
In about two months I had the deviant sold And two impacts of my own.
Since then Tate has gone above and beyond to take care of me and Justin’s got me hooked on hornady 105 bthp’s.
I eventually did get that AI..but sold it soon after cause the reality is,with a couple impacts laying around,that AI won’t get much love. It’s the smoothest,easiest to flick,realiable action for precision rifles out there and built like a tank.
Buy one,you’ll buy two

Any chance there could eventually be an option for tennon threads 1.058”-20 (savage small shank)? My thought being that Impact has such amazing control over tolerances it might be possible just thread for the other fairly popular pattern. I've got a pretty large investment in savage prefit barrels, that's the only thing stopping me from purchasing one. I've practically been praying they start offering that as an option...

Quick question, the bolt can be swapped out so the same action can have various barrels and bolts?

Reactions: Ripdog28
Blue mountain precision has barreled actions. Ordered mine recently but its stuck at post office until my ffl opens Thursday. FML

So i didn't feel like googling and am waiting for a PRS2 to come in stock at Altus so i can get it from them cut for my impact. However barrel just shipped, action wrench will be here tomorrow, AMG and rings soon to follow. I want to drop it into my brothers MPA just to start shooting it. Any modification required?

So i didn't feel like googling and am waiting for a PRS2 to come in stock at Altus so i can get it from them cut for my impact. However barrel just shipped, action wrench will be here tomorrow, AMG and rings soon to follow. I want to drop it into my brothers MPA just to start shooting it. Any modification required?
Unless the MPA is cut for an Impact Precision action it will require some modification so that the trigger hangar can fit properly.

You will need to use a dremel (or a file/sandpaper and a LOT of elbow grease) to put a small notch in the front of the pocket that's machined out for the trigger. The front, in this case, is the part right between the trigger pocket and the mag well.

This cut out needs to be centered in the trigger pocket and about 1/2" wide because the trigger hangar is centered and 0.490" wide. The cut out must extend at least 0.2" down from the top edge of the trigger pocket (the trigger hangar sticks out from the action by 0.183").

Finally I'd recommend gauging the depth (more depth = cut out extends further towards the mag well) of the cut out by how your action itself fits into the chassis. start the cut out very shallow and gradually make it deeper until it fits your action just right. In my XLR chassis I had to cut away approximately half the material between the trigger pocket and magazine well. YMMV and the less material you can remove the better, so again I recommend going slow and steady with regular stops to test fit your action.

Note that when you test fit the action you need to install the trigger hangar before testing the fit. When I did my cut out I forgot to do this at first and made a super shallow cut out that seemed to fit great. I installed my trigger into the action (trigger hangar was on the trigger, outside the action, during the cut out and fitting earlier) and was confused when it didn't fit. Then I realized what a goof I was and had to go back to my shop to make the cut out the right depth.

TLDR
DIY Difficulty:
  • 2/10 to just make something that works
  • 2/10 to make it look pretty with a mill
  • 7/10 to make it look pretty using a dremel
  • 8/10 regardless of looks using a file or sandpaper because you'll be working on it for a long-ass time
DIY Time Required:
  • 5 minutes using a mill
  • 5 minutes to make it work using a dremel
  • 10 minutes using a mill and making it look super professional by making a final pass with a chamfer bit on the edges
  • 15 minutes to make it look pretty with a dremel
  • As long as it takes for you to have a break down, drive to harbor freight, and return with a dremel if you use files or sandpaper
DIY Instructions:
  • Cut out a small piece of the front of the trigger pocket, directly behind the mag well
  • Make the cut out small at first, then keep test fitting the action (with trigger hangar installed) into the chassis and making the cut out larger as needed until it's a perfect fit
  • Ideally you would use a mill, manual Mills would honestly be easiest, with something like a 1/4" or 3/8" end mill and then a final pass with a chamfer bit on the edges if you want it to look super professional
  • If you don't have a mill, you're going to want to use a dremel with a small sanding band or a small diamond bit
  • If you don't have a dremel, bust out the files/sandpaper, some elbow grease, and get ready to hate yourself for the next 3-4 hours
Cut out specs (approximate):
  • Centered on front face of the trigger pocket
  • 0.5" wide or wider (left to right of chassis)
  • 0.2" tall or taller (top to bottom of chassis)
  • 0.1" deep or deeper (back to front of chassis)

Anyone using a bna TacSport pro 2 stage in your impact? What height top seer does your trigger have and what hanger are you using

Anyone using a bna TacSport pro 2 stage in your impact? What height top seer does your trigger have and what hanger are you using
I measured mine this weekend with the hanger that came installed on it since I plan on getting that trigger and Bullet Centrals chart says I’ll need a low sear. Didn’t even think about trying the other hangers though so that may not be of any help. Mine was ~0.158”

Call Bullet Central

Is there a place to get an AW cut Impact without a long wait?

Can the cut be added later and still be as reliable as the factory cut?

Can anyone tell me if an Impact will work with Accurate Mags that don't have the blinder plate? Deciding on my next caliber and I need to know if I'll be able to load to the OAL I need for some.

Waiting on the AMG and PRS2 but pretty happy with how it's turning out weight wise. I was worried with the impact and 20" medium palma it might be too heavy. But i think it will be right at 10-11lbs once i get the PRS2 in. My brothers MPA needed no modifications to fit the impact fortunately.

What Ft/Lbs are you guys using to torque your barrels?

Reactions: winniethepooh
Waiting on the AMG and PRS2 but pretty happy with how it's turning out weight wise. I was worried with the impact and 20" medium palma it might be too heavy. But i think it will be right at 10-11lbs once i get the PRS2 in. My brothers MPA needed no modifications to fit the impact fortunately.

What Ft/Lbs are you guys using to torque your barrels?
View attachment 7077563

I have mine torqued at 85lbs. I’ve read anywhere from 35-100 though. I might have just pulled that out my ass

Reactions: bjay
I recently got a barreled action from impact with a tt trigger and it dropped right in no measuring needed with the map comp chassis at least . I have my action torque to chassis at 65-70

Reactions: Jorey
Is running the bolt hard standard procedure on these or is something wrong with my setup? If I try to chamber a round slowly it will get hung up every time.