• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is H&K G28 better than Knights SR-25?

Always appreciate your input on upper echelon weapon systems. My question is in regards to your recoil impulse comment.

Could it be that the SCAR is more notorious because of its self contained recoil system?

Meaning (for lack of terminology in my previous Q); most other large frame weapon systems have a standard type buffer/buffer spring (albeit different weights), whereas the FN is internal so the weapon can be fired folded.

I wonder if the energy transfer into the buffer tube, takes that shock away from the upper and scope mount. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I run an Aero set that I built personally, with a 20" tube and a Toolkraft NiB BCG. A gen 1 Viper PST lived on it for quite some time with no issues. It is currently parked waiting for some load development and an Athlon. Point is; never had a problem with so much as a zero shift, and my recoil pulse at the shoulder is very minimal.

Honestly, I'm not sure in regards to which is more/less than the other; I just know they all do it because of the 'system' and how it works. It's the same as a typical AR obviously, but the weight being thrown around in a large frame is the culprit. As they all generally work the same, they end up with the same effects.

As far as how to lessen it or what version of the system is better/worse, I don't know how you could measure that outside of some sort of engineers that are set up to do so.

And to your idea, it might be working, or not. My K1 has a MAMS on it which reduces felt recoil by literally half. However, while I'm feeling less recoil, the internal parts flying around on the inside are still doing what they always do, moving as fast as they always have.

Reactions: AMGtuned
We tested them and before we could finished phase 3, Picatinny made the call and selected the HK over the Scar and MWS based on user feedback from Benning. Forget what happened with the KAC but it didnt make it out of down select. At that point I think I recall them being pretty much even.

Of the Big 4, 308 gas gun companies, I really don't think any one rifle is any better than the others, they all preform and bring certain characteristics to the table.

The KAC was the lightest and smoothest shooting,
The FN is weird, and runs great.
The LMT is just so flexible
The HK is brown

While I do have a scar 17, for my money, I would call it a coin toss between the MWS and SR25

How common is this, and who is included in the feedback?

Makes me curious as to how much of a 'its actually better' vs 'this new thing looks cool as hell' there is.

How common is this, and who is included in the feedback?

Makes me curious as to how much of a 'its actually better' vs 'this new thing looks cool as hell' there is.

Who the hell knows. I know they had a say in why the M2010 wore the Remington chassis vs AI, seemed kind of odd at the time considering the navy was using AI chassis on some of their stuff, the Marines went for a bit afterword.

The dumbest decision I've seen them make was the IC test.

But...but....but....SCAR "G forces" and stuff.

I always just assumed part of the equation to the "scope killah" mystique was partially due to some of these optics being shit-ass EoTechs that happened to die on the SCAR. Kinda like if some dude in 2020 gets gunned down committing an armed robbery...he'll be added to the Covid-related deaths stats.

While I am critical at times of the Scar, I will admit that Scar issues are probably overblown, and while I do like EoTechs, they do not necessary need to be mounted on a rifle to go down.

With that being said, there is something going on with the scar that should not be considering that it has been fielded for almost 15 years at this point. For example, no other modern large frame gas gun exhibits carrier cracking when a can is mounted and no other modern large frame gas gun has earned a reputation for being rough on electro optics. The Scar is a awesome rifle if one has full factory support and somebody else credit card.

Personally I think that a lightened carrier, as well as a new gas regulator would solve 99 percent of the issues that seem to pop up

Personally I think that a lightened carrier, as well as a new gas regulator would solve 99 percent of the issues that seem to pop up

I just hope when they finally get around to updating with a fix it will be backwards compatible to the SCAR already out there.

Lots of sr25 excuses here. Is what it is

This has proprietary mags, plastic port door and a prop nut. Deal killer to me

Do not see anything here that makes this better than kac or lmt.

Id choose the lmt again
No you are just ignorant of the history and how shit works.

The mk11 that was around for 10+ years was a better sws than the m110. Why do you think a rifle that was already used by delta and the rangers for the last 20 years all of a sudden was an issue?

The army speced shit and they got shit. KAC tried many times to tell army procurement why xyz is a stupid idea but they dont listen. KAC offers to upgrade the guns at a noninal price so they are inline with commerical offerings and they ignore.

Meanwhile spec ops units who are largely responsible for the development of the sr25 going back to stoner days run the latest shit, and theb give feedback to knights who improves it. Its been a continuous inprovement process over 30 years....and is still going on.

If i ask you to make me a sandwich made of shit and i make you one, whose fault is it.

Once again 90% have no clue about any of this becuase they dont understand how anything works.

If the scar wasn’t so hard on optics or they came out with optics that was not affected by its recoil impulse I would be all over it. If it keeps killing my scopes it won’t be around my house long.
Welcome to 10+ years ago. Any electro optic worth a shit was hardended due to the scar program. Its also another issue 90% of people dont understand but want to run their mouth about it.

Weird how NSWC got the 6.5 cm upper capability upgrade for the K1 before most. I guess that's what getting what you asked for looks like. Meanwhile, somewhere, Joe DMR is still dragging around a boat anchor.

I wouldn't say one of them is better. Just diffrent options and pros and cons. Since i live in Europe we can buy the MR308 instead the MR762. The MR308A3 is close to the G28 beside the adjustable gasblock and the steel upper reviever. I got the Geissele parts (also a real M110A1 trigger) and buily my M110A1. I used a other scope, i have the forward assist of course and i miss the M110A1 backplate. I put the HK precision grip on and the HK Rotex V flash hider, because getting OSS here is not easy. I am waiting on the Larue Harris bipod and i hope Leupold will offer the mk5 in FDE so i will put that on. This rifle is a beast and i tried it up to 800m (875yd) and it is accurate as hell. I love it !
20201125_234926.jpg

If the scar wasn’t so hard on optics or they came out with optics that was not affected by its recoil impulse I would be all over it. If it keeps killing my scopes it won’t be around my house long.
I know this comment is from a few months ago, but if you see this @Mj30wilson900, would you care to elaborate? What scopes, number of rounds, etc...

Thanks.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
I wouldn't say one of them is better. Just diffrent options and pros and cons. Since i live in Europe we can buy the MR308 instead the MR762. The MR308A3 is close to the G28 beside the adjustable gasblock and the steel upper reviever. I got the Geissele parts (also a real M110A1 trigger) and buily my M110A1. I used a other scope, i have the forward assist of course and i miss the M110A1 backplate. I put the HK precision grip on and the HK Rotex V flash hider, because getting OSS here is not easy. I am waiting on the Larue Harris bipod and i hope Leupold will offer the mk5 in FDE so i will put that on. This rifle is a beast and i tried it up to 800m (875yd) and it is accurate as hell. I love it !
View attachment 7590544

I agree, in terms of military issued large frame gas guns, the big four are really all good guns. Some may be better in certain areas but for the most part, they are all going run and be able to put rounds on target accurately.

What part of Europe are in you? Its cool to see you guys are still able to get some decent gear.

I know this comment is from a few months ago, but if you see this @Mj30wilson900, would you care to elaborate? What scopes, number of rounds, etc...

Thanks.
So due to the recoil impulse of the 17s it is hard on optics because the vibration travels up through the upper reciever and into the scope and will kill lesser red dots and cheaper made scopes. Their wasn’t really a problem with the 16s but with no vibration dampening characteristics it tends to be harder than a ar platform rifle on optics.

I would go with a KAC, i have had issues with the 416 in the past and KAC is American made

Think the only 2 guns I like from H&K are the MP5 and the P7. I had a pretty steep discount to purchase a H&K awhile ago (from one of their armorers courses) lets just say since I couldn’t buy either of those 2 guns i never used it.

Think the only 2 guns I like from H&K are the MP5 and the P7. I had a pretty steep discount to purchase a H&K awhile ago (from one of their armorers courses) lets just say since I couldn’t buy either of those 2 guns i never used it.
Curious what issue you had with the 416. I have found it to be severely overgassed which leads to excessive parts wear.

Reactions: PantherONE
We had issues with the M110s at USAMPS, mainly trigger issues. They were also inconsistent in regards to accuracy from platform to platform. They also had to be shipped directly back to Knights for any work.
Out of those currently available I would take the LMT. The barrel change alone makes it the best choice in my opinion.
Barrel swap is awesome on those. What would you say the spread was accuracy wise on the 110s?

Bolt lugs getting sheared off one to many times
Guessing a suppressed 10.4" 416 then? Early date code before the bleed-off port (like what's always been on the 14.5 and longer, and later added to newer 10.4's)?

Guessing a suppressed 10.4" 416 then? Early date code before the bleed-off port (like what's always been on the 14.5 and longer, and later added to newer 10.4's)?

Pretty sure they were the older ones because it was years ago, yup the shorties.

Barrel swap is awesome on those. What would you say the spread was accuracy wise on the 110s?
most guns could barely hold 1.5-2.0 MOA at 100. We did have some sub MOA groups across the line but there were inconsistencies. I came out of the marksman Observer course disappointed in the system. There was on Air Force guy that brought his M24. In fact, the qualification targets were changed from 1.5 MOA for the M24 to 3 MOA for the M110. Everyone was jealous of this guy and his "antiquated bolt gun. To me the M110 is more DMR than precision gun. The Army is also to blame with continuing to fund outdated Leupold optics.
We should have just went AI back when they began to convert to 2010s.

Last edited:
most guns could barely hold 1.5-2.0 MOA at 100. We did have some sub MOA groups across the line but there were inconsistencies. I came out of the marksman Observer course disappointed in the system. There was on Air Force guy that brought his M24. In fact, the qualification targets were changed from 1.5 MOA for the M24 to 3 MOA for the M110. Everyone was jealous of this guy and his "antiquated bolt gun. To me the M110 is more DMR than precision gun. The Army is also to blame with continuing to fund outdated Leupold optics.
That’s crazy. With all the love they get I would have assumed sub moa across the board....

Same experience here, some can shoot well but most that I have come across don’t group so well. We held onto the M24’s as long as we could then shortly after they took our MK13’s. It is kind of frustrating because KAC has much better options.

No you are just ignorant of the history and how shit works.

The mk11 that was around for 10+ years was a better sws than the m110. Why do you think a rifle that was already used by delta and the rangers for the last 20 years all of a sudden was an issue?

The army speced shit and they got shit. KAC tried many times to tell army procurement why xyz is a stupid idea but they dont listen. KAC offers to upgrade the guns at a noninal price so they are inline with commerical offerings and they ignore.

Meanwhile spec ops units who are largely responsible for the development of the sr25 going back to stoner days run the latest shit, and theb give feedback to knights who improves it. Its been a continuous inprovement process over 30 years....and is still going on.

If i ask you to make me a sandwich made of shit and i make you one, whose fault is it.

Once again 90% have no clue about any of this becuase they dont understand how anything works.
not at all, I'm not just one to try and thump my chest and look cool here. You have some good points at times but other times you really think you know more than you do. Also your tone and arrogance is wearing thin.

Better, no its not and and more accurate, no it's not. It's overpriced to be honest. Not selling any of mine but it is what it is; a top tier platform but no better than the other top tier platform (lmt)
Oh and the gov makes demands and changes on everyone but KAC is somehow more impacted by this? Lots of excuses

That said, brits have no issue with the weight of the lmt and the user scores are higher than all other weapon systems. I know it's been said but I'll say it again, 1lb does not make or break a platform and that weight has advantages with large frame gas guns.

not at all, I'm not just one to try and thump my chest and look cool here. You have some good points at times but other times you really think you know more than you do. Also your tone and arrogance is wearing thin.

Better, no its not and and more accurate, no it's not. It's overpriced to be honest. Not selling any of mine but it is what it is; a top tier platform but no better than the other top tier platform (lmt)
Oh and the gov makes demands and changes on everyone but KAC is somehow more impacted by this? Lots of excuses

That said, brits have no issue with the weight of the lmt and the user scores are higher than all other weapon systems. I know it's been said but I'll say it again, 1lb does not make or break a platform and that weight has advantages with large frame gas guns

I agree with crabs and football with the whole shit sandwich deal, but I don’t agree with the 1 pound does not break a deal comment. Since we are speaking on terms of a military weapon, ounces equal pounds, pounds equals pain. Have you ever put a ruck on and walked to your shoulders broke and feet fell off?

besides all that, you are talking about the brits and their weapons, tell them happy 4th of July. We all know how that turned out, maybe they should have chosen more wisely😀

Last edited:
RUTGER, think he wants an extra pound?
LoL,

In the history of Combat arms in the US Military, I don't think I have ever once seen the brass concern themselves on what that ground pounder wants.

Think about some of this incredible work by our top men.
The Marines are currently issuing out a 556 carbine that weighs more than a Scar17 or SR25 CC
The Army somehow figured out how to make a compact semi auto sniper system(CSASS) heavier than the longer gun it replaced.

We have spent the last 20 years taking causalities running convoys all over the middle east, but now have somehow lost our collective minds that its too damn risky have a gym open due to the China Virus.

At this point, I am inclined to believe that we work for a bunch of retards.

I agree with crabs and football with the whole shit sandwich deal, but I don’t agree with the 1 pound does not break a deal comment. Since we are speaking on terms of a military weapon, ounces equal pounds, pounds equals pain. Have you ever put a ruck on and walked to your shoulders broke and feet fell off?

besides all that, you are talking about the brits and their weapons, tell them happy 4th of July. We all know how that turned out, maybe they should have chosen more wisely😀
thumbs up

LoL,

In the history of Combat arms in the US Military, I don't think I have ever once seen the brass concern themselves on what that ground pounder wants.

Think about some of this incredible work by our top men.
The Marines are currently issuing out a 556 carbine that weighs more than a Scar17 or SR25 CC
The Army somehow figured out how to make a compact semi auto sniper system(CSASS) heavier than the longer gun it replaced.

We have spent the last 20 years taking causalities running convoys all over the middle east, but now have somehow lost our collective minds that its too damn risky have a gym open due to the China Virus.

At this point, I am inclined to believe that we work for a bunch of retards.
pin this!

Reactions: GUNNER10

And for my encore,

These are same retards that don't wear a mask in their office, but as soon as they step foot outside mask goes on. I had a meeting with one of these retarded Lt Col's who literally was not wearing a mask in their office, left their 8x12, two man office, walked out of their office, took 8 steps to the 20x8 conference room, proceeded to mask up... With 3 people in the conference room. That dirty ass, non N95 rag you are putting over your face is not doing anything other that embarrassing the both of us.

While we have the ability to capture a substantial portion of the globes communication, in some regards we haven't progressed much past the 1690 Salem witch trials.

Sigh......

Last edited:
And for my encore,

These are same retards that don't wear a mask in their office, but as soon as they step foot outside mask goes on. I had a meeting with one of these retarded Lt Col's who literally was not wearing a mask in their office, left their 8x12, two man office, walked out of their office, took 8 steps to the 20x8 conference room, proceeded to mask up... With 3 people in the conference room. That dirty ass, non N95 rag you are putting over your face is not doing anything other that embarrassing the both of us.

While we have the ability to capture a substantial portion of the globes communication, in some regards we haven't progressed much past the 1690 Salem witch trials.

Sigh......
outstanding and spot on. encore...encore....c'mon, U2 will come out 3x a concert! lol

This hasn't been updated in more than a year, but I'm throwing in my two cents after a year of MR762 testing. (EDIT: I will be working with Jack from Knights Armament to better discuss this topic, contributing my expertise on the HK G28/MR platform, versus the extensive history and current availability of the SR25 platform)

Use my writeup for detailed reference: https://www.hkpro.com/threads/a-precision-shooters-technical-tour-the-mr762-vs-m110a1-dmrs.563662/

Also for a hopefully extended thread on the MR's abilities, I already started this thread: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-precision-shooting-show-your-groups.7198267/

Why an MR762 over a KAC, FN, LMT or LaRue? Preference.
I grew up loving the HK PSG-1 and SR9TC. So, I naturally fell in love with the G28, and so I invested in the platform.
If I had zero irrational brand loyalty, I'd be begging LMT for their MRGG-S 6.5CM Prototype submission to be offered to the commercial market.

The MR762 when properly gassed & tuned will be more accurate than a G28, 417 or M110A1 by default of not being chrome lined; it is a match grade with 4R tapered rifling. The preferred model is the now LRPIII package as it uses the 1:11 twist heavy barrel, while the base rifle uses a medium contour 1:12 barrel. Barrel materials are the same regardless of location; HK USA gets barrel blanks from Germany, and does the final work on them for ITAR purposes.

The MR762 can do 0.35 MOA 3-shot group, 0.65 MOA 5-shot group, and 0.95 MOA 10-shot group, per my own testing with Hornady TAP ELD AR 168gr.

Which is going to be the best all-around rifle? LMT, plain and simple. It is a better KAC due to being the OEM manufacturer of most of the KAC M110 SASS, while offering both a piston or DI variant. The difficulty with LMT is parts accessibility.
This has been deemed false by the head of sales and marketing at KAC. My source on this was Small Arms Solutions. I'll try to find the video on where I got this information from. I hope to expand on my response to better reflect just what the M110 SASS is, and how it is made, compared to everything I know about the H&K.

Some KAC/LMT/LaRue will shoot better. Some will shoot worse. What you get from HK is the consistency in their MR line as their mass produced rifle has one of the tightest QA of any weapons manufacturer, and frankly, you buy an H&K for the secret sauce that is their metallurgy aka "French Cannon Grade Steel." You'll have greater variance with the other manufacturers out of the box. But, this can easily be remedied from some basic gas and barrel tuning, so it doesnt negate one over the other.

But price vs performance when all in building any of these rifles? The best bang for buck would be between the HK and LMT; pricing would be equal to build out either as complete SASS packages, and parts availability is slightly better with HK than LMT (ever been on a wait list for LMT's enhanced reliability BCG? Expect to wait a year or two.) The difficulty with KAC is parts and weapon system availability to the commercial market... I've been trying to find a brand new SR25 for sale for years.

What is actually quite cool, after a lengthy conversation with Jack below from KAC, is that the SR25 and M110 you buy from KAC, is EXACTLY what is issued to the military. Nothing is neutered, nothing changed. You're paying for the exact grade rifle our military snipers use, period. But... you're also paying for this.

As far as the M110 vs M110A1: both platforms got screwed over by Big Army making irrational demands that neuter or dement the harmonic balance of the SASS. The A1 is having teething issues just like the original M110 had, the details way too long to list here so view my original link from HK Pro as I update.

Please ask questions. Ive also asked others to share their shot groups to demonstrate what the MR (Match Rifle) platform can and cannot do.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-precision-shooting-show-your-groups.7198267/

And for the record, it is a 1000 yard rifle easily, and 1200 yards on a good day with Federal Berger 185gr. 700 yards is effortless... Like a video game, effortless.

Attachments

• MR Twins Wallpaper.jpeg
    MR Twins Wallpaper.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: Near miss and N-C
That is absolutely false.
(Deleted my entire response to fully lean on Jack's expertise as the best SME to rebuttal, arguing for the use of KAC and their weapons platform.)

My reference for research into the KAC Platform comes from Small Arms Solutions, which is where I got this information from. So I'm happy to be corrected, and have the correct information.

Last edited:
LMT makes and/or provides the following for KAC for the M110:

Lower Receiver
Upper Receiver
Bolt Carrier Group (Complete)
Buffer tube, Buffer, Spring

KAC uses their spec barrel (20" 416 SS 5R M24 Blank) while LMT uses their own interchangable barrels. KAC also obviously supplies their rail system and accessories, including their trigger group. Buttstock is now from B5, grip is still the A2 variant.

You want a KAC to have that M24 barrel which is very precisely made and fit (firing chamber) for military M118LR 7.62; the lockup is what makes the M110 SASS so special, and is what leads to its accuracy. They're the only manufacturer I know of that offers a 5R Semi-Auto system... Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The issue with KAC is that they're generally 2 to 3 times more than the competitors. You need to really want the KAC for personal reasons to run it outside being issued one (American made, military historical pedigree, etc). Parts availability is also a lot worse than HK, LMT, or others. Which for a company out of Florida, I've found surprising.
I am the Director of Sales for Knight's Armament Company.
LMT does not make or provide the upper or lower, the bolt or bolt carrier, receiver extension (buffer tube), buffer, or action spring.
The M110 barrel is 4150 Ordnance Steel (MIL-B-11595E), 5R cut-rifled in-house.
The M110 SASS has not changed to a collapsible stock, but that is available in the M110A2, M110A3, M110K3, and M110K7.
Parts availability is prioritized for our various military and government customers, but we do make them available through dealers, distributors, and direct from factory.

LMT does not make or provide the upper or lower, the bolt or bolt carrier, receiver extension (buffer tube), buffer, or action spring.
The M110 SASS has not changed to a collapsible stock, but that is available in the M110A2, M110A3, M110K3, and M110K7.
Parts availability is prioritized for our various military and government customers, but we do make them available through dealers, distributors, and direct from factory.
Then, I stand fully corrected, and will lean on your expertise. (And I'll update my previous posts to reflect this for cohesiveness of the thread).

Can you expand on your response, and share more on why a KAC over any of the competitors? What are the advantages, especially ballistic, to go with the KAC platforms versus the others?

This is an exciting opportunity I do not care to have any ego with, as it's a real opportunity for all of us, especially myself, to learn more.

If I as a veteran wanted to build out a solid KAC SASS, how could I go about doing this?

Well that answers that question lol

Then, I stand fully corrected, and will lean on your expertise. (And I'll update my previous posts to reflect this for cohesiveness of the thread).

Can you expand on your response, and share more on why a KAC over any of the competitors? What are the advantages, especially ballistic, to go with the KAC platforms versus the others?

This is an exciting opportunity I do not care to have any ego with, as it's a real opportunity for all of us, especially myself, to learn more.

If I as a veteran wanted to build out a solid KAC SASS, how could I go about doing this?
Always happy to discuss things with reasonable folks!
I'll drop in when I have some free time and go over a few things, but I want to be very upfront that I prefer to refrain from criticizing competitors, especially those that are competent, preferring to discuss feature sets and KAC-specific design philosophy and approach concepts.
There are a lot of good companies out there, and HK has proven to provide very good products.

Is HK G28 rifle is available in US ? and $????? Thanks
C04CDE4B-D684-475D-BD62-898D617A4270_1_201_a.jpeg

Is HK G28 rifle is available in US ? and $????? Thanks View attachment 8300871
No, you cannot get an actual G28 in the United States. In fact, it is one of the rifles that Larry Vickers is being prosecuted for by the ATF for having imported a real one.

Considering it is semi-auto, I cannot comprehend the reasoning behind it. But it being entirely German made, is the issue, so it doesn't meet regulations for the number of US parts that need to exist on the rifle to be legal.

Reactions: N-C
I purchased my SR25 Light Weight Match direct from KAC in 2001 with a 6 month or so wait as KAC was supplying the Navy.
My Sr25 is 100% function and about 2” at 200yds with M118.
I can hit small steel plates about 4” all day long at 200yds.
KAC rings I purchased with the rifle and a correct Leupold Mark 4 scope.
I have HK MR223 and LMT lowers and uppers in 5.56.
Excellent products!
My rifle for Service Rifle Competition is on an LMT Lower I built up.
But as to whether an HK or LMT 7.62/308 is better than an SR25, I really don't’ care.
BTW my understanding as to why HK USA does not provide chrome lined barrels is because German Export Law does not allow it, not because they are less accurate.
-Richard
IMG_5709.jpeg

Last edited: