• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LR-308 feeding problem update!!!

PopSmoke

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
LLMF
One of the DPMS forum members posted a pair of videos on YouTube illustrating that the LR-308 is cycling the 180 gr ammo without issue, but tends to jam on the 150gr-168gr ammo.

DPMS has asked a bunch of us to check our gas blocks and front sights for evidence of venting from the gas system. This evidence will be present only after firing and likely not on a clean rifle.

So far, at least 6-10 of us are noting gas venting on our LR-308's at the gas block/front sight. If you have one that's working without issue, great! If yours is venting, it may be in your best interest to contact their customer service folks.

Re: LR-308 feeding problem update!!!

Hi,
I am a new member and have had my eye on a LR 308 L for hunting. I have sev. guns and have wanted one of these for a long time. I have got one on lockdown and was planning on picking it up on Monday. I have seen alot of owners pretty unhappy with this gun on line. Should I what 6 months and pick on up then or buy this as I was wanting to hunt with it asap. The gun store just got them in as they where just built. I was told by DPMS they are on a 9-12 month wait for the gun. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance