• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Millett scopes

Justin.Burdette

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
Wondering what peoples opinion on millet scopes are they seem to be a good price im specifically looking at the LRS 35mm 6-25X with a 52mm objective to put on a Zel .338 Lapua upper thanks for the input

Re: Millett scopes

Search Function. Scroll to the top of your screen. on the top right part, by the FAQs is a search function. use it. This question has been asked a few times.

I dont think a millett will last too long on a 338LP. I'd look at the SWFA Super Sniper Line, fixed 10, 16, or 20, each one $300. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wondering what peoples opinion on millet scopes are they seem to be a good price im specifically looking at the LRS 35mm 6-25X with a 52mm objective to put on a Zel .338 Lapua upper thanks for the input </div></div>

You will receive a box from Millett with a US Flag and "An American Company" Slogan on it.Inside that box will rest a Chicom pos that will have cloudy/milky glass,will have black flecs from the coating inside the tube flaking off,turrets that may need a wrench or may almost free spin,proudly marked "Made in China" under the turrets.With all the features they have,something,or several somethings have got to give,starting with the crappy glass.

If you can afford to shoot a 338LM,you can afford decent glass.

Here is the best search engine for this site,bookmark it and use it:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

Owned one...don't anymore.

Use the search function if you are interested in the rest.

I owned one (4-16), the glass was fine, quite clear, the adjustments were accurate and reapeatable. It had it's issues, but glass was NEVER a problem in mine, i shot with it on 16x all the time.

It is a "high quality" Chicom scope, it is better than many chinese scopes, but it is a chinese scope. That is kind of like saying this is a better turd than that one.

Would I buy another one? No. There are now better scopes in the same price range.

As far as chinese made tactical scopes go, I now own one. A Falcon Menace 4-14x which has served me quite well.

I HEARTILY concur, if you are going to spend 4.50 every time you pull the trigger, buy at least a decent scope for it.

Get one of these with a mil-dot. Only 100 more and a MUCH better scope:
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-6-5-20x50-pa-riflescope-mil-dot-reticle

Scott at liberty optics has them for 399

I have a millet that has good glass. just as good as my elite 4200 and 6500. tracking is not always 100% so i zeroed at 100 and leave it alone. (on a .17hmr)

the regular search function on here sucks. use the link that was sent to you.

I gave 104 for a 4-16 x 56 millet, have it on a heavy 22, like others said leave it on one setting and it is a functional bargain, even came with a sunshade, but for any centerfire... get real

Good info as I was about to purchase a Millett since they had good reviews at the site...now I will keep looking.

A friend of mine used one to shoot matches with his .308 Win. It lasted about a year or so before breaking. Millett sent him out a brand new one. By the time it broke he had already switched to US Optics SN-3. He sold the new Millett.

I agree with _Shay_ ©, I don't think it will last very long on a .338 LM if you shoot often.

I like the Millet scopes. I have both fixed and variables, but I agree that shooting with them on a .338Lapua would not be a good idea. It would probably eat up that scope quickly.