• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Moderator Approval?

OneShotJim

Technical Sergeant
Minuteman
My last couple of posts were greeted with the message: "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."

Does that mean that all member posts are now being reviewed by moderators before they are posted? Thanks.

I think that LL said that URLs/links in a post might also set off the approval warning. I also think that when you post count INCREASES that the warnings will subside.

ETA: OOOPS!! I was typing as SU was already saying the above. Pay no attention...I'm a little slow on the keyboard today! ;)

Last edited:
I think that LL said that URLs/links in a post might also set off the approval warning. I also think that when you post count INCREASES that the warnings will subside.

ETA: OOOPS!! I was typing as SU was already saying the above. Pay no attention...I'm a little slow on the keyboard today! ;)

Well, now the OP should have his answer, right ORD? :D

Yes with a low post count it will pick up on any links or images and mark it as spam until you get "established"

I turned on the reputation if you get your buddies to bump up your reputation the lost post count / low numbers shouldn't matter.

But with less than like 10 posts or something it will flag links as SPAM

I approve them about twice a day to get them out of the system... but it catches a lot of spammers and there is nothing we can do, it is at the lowest setting possible.

Thanks guys. The posts that got that message did include links. Also, two days ago, my post count of 130+ went back to 0. There are 120 posts now in my "Recent Posts" list. Only a handfull were axed when the 2nd Amendment forum was deleted - no big deal. But still, looks like the new forum software can't count worth a shit. But we already know that.

Mine also went to 0.

I assumed when I saw the "mod approval" message that my posts are being routed thru the NSA's PRISM :quethetinfoilhat:

I noticed that the other day as will and then noticed my post count went to zero also. Weird.

My post count is showing only 2 posts although I have been posting here for several years now. My last post in the suppressor section is awaiting moderation.

Ranb

I am having this same problem and both of my recent replies in posts require moderator approval. One was quoting a link and members reply and the other was a brief post replying in the for sale section. I have been here since 2006 and lost all my posts in the transfer.