• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing need advice on duracoating parts

brushcountryghost

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
wyoming
Im going to (attempt) to duracoat my first weapon a glock 23 slide with the lauer weaponry shake and spray kit. Is there any special prepping i should consider before spraying the parts? Also has anyone had any experience with this kit?

Re: need advice on duracoating parts

^^^^^^^ what he said. Then degrease it again! Wear rubber gloves or latex or something when you do this, so the oil from your skin doesn't get on it again and again. It's not difficult. I've even used a scotch bright pad instead of blasting, but blasting it is the very best. I think duracoat recommends 120 AO for media.

I've gone the duracoat route before. I just recently had to blast it off and reapply Norrell's Molly. I made a oven from a stove pipe and some insulation. It was easier to apply than the duracoat and isn't even coming off the muzzlebrake after shooting 50+ rounds. Buy once cry once, Duracoat sucks IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Straight Shooter*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you only want to do it once I really suggest H series Cerakote. It is many times more durable than any other sprayed finish. <span style="text-decoration: underline">You can safely cure the H Series in your kitchen oven.</span> </div></div>

Only if you have an understanding wife like me..
laugh.gif