• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

NEED GUNSMITH FOR REMINGTON 700 CLIP SLOT

BEARTACTICAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
I know that this has probably already been asked, however, I have gone back a few posts and after a while of searching decided to change tactics and just ask. I am looking for a professional gunsmith who can clipsolt my Remington 700 action. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: NEED GUNSMITH FOR REMINGTON 700 CLIP SLOT

Check the CDI M40A3 base group buy thread, there's a link there to a guy in VA who has done it.

+1 Already been said.

Mark Gordon Short Action Customs located in Wellington Ohio. (440) 309-0085 )

He does all my work and is outstanding to deal with!

Is there a diagram or spec for the M-40 action mods in total?

Diagram
Rem700clipslotdiagram.jpg

Good luck

Jerry

Newbie to Remington clip slot. Why? I love it on my Mauser scout rifle. I have it on an Enfield 1917 (open military sights).Both of these have extra metal in the action area to accomodate the slots for the clip.
The Remington loading clip slot could only be used with a scout scope or removal of standard scope. Would you use it with the optional open sights of a 40M configuration?
Please explain.

Thanks for the diagram, much appreciated.