• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need sling suggestions for a Sako TRG-22

matt33

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Bradford/Susquehanna Co, PA
Christmas came a little early for me today. I treated myself to a Sako TRG-22 from Euro Optics this afternoon. It's still going to be a month before I can afford the optics, mount, and bipod that I'd like, but in the meantime I wanted to start getting ready.

I'm looking for ideas for a sling setup. What do you guys recommend? I don't imagine I'll be using the sling as a shooting aid, but I definitely want a quality sling that will help me carry this 12+ pound beast comfortably. I understand there are multiple swivel options as well. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Re: Need sling suggestions for a Sako TRG-22

get a tab sling with hk hooks you can use it for both carry and help in positions. tis intervention is also good but i prefer the tab.

i just recently got a trg 22 you will love it best factory system for under $3000 in my humble opinion. the sako bipod is expensive but damn it is nice.

I use an older leather HK sling on my folder. G3 type. Inexpensive, fits well, non-reflective, quiet and has the right clips on it.

Here are a couple of pix:

pitchers6.jpg

pitchers4.jpg

These are readily available on GB or eBay.

I have seen some equipped with biathlon-style slings that look really slick. But I didn't need one and the HK sling has worked great for me.

Cheers, Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a tab sling with hk hooks you can use it for both carry and help in positions. tis intervention is also good but i prefer the tab.

i just recently got a trg 22 you will love it best factory system for under $3000 in my humble opinion. the sako bipod is expensive but damn it is nice. </div></div>
I just searched the Tab sling and it looks great.

The Sako TRG accessories are really nice. Initially, I was just going to swap the Harris bipod and Leupold MK4 from my old 5R to the TRG. However, after looking at the TRG add-ons in person, they really seem to complete the system. I also feel the zero stop, mil/mil or MOA/MOA, and high speed turrets of the NF NXS are worth the upgrade. It will be tough to have the TRG in the safe unable to shoot it for the next month, but in the end it will be worth a little sacrifice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just searched the Tab sling and it looks great.

The Sako TRG accessories are really nice. Initially, I was just going to swap the Harris bipod and Leupold MK4 from my old 5R to the TRG. However, after looking at the TRG add-ons in person, they really seem to complete the system. I also feel the zero stop, mil/mil or MOA/MOA, and high speed turrets of the NF NXS are worth the upgrade. <span style="font-weight: bold">It will be tough to have the TRG in the safe unable to shoot it for the next month, but in the end it will be worth a little sacrifice.</span> </div></div>

Welcome to my world.
wink.gif
I got my TRG 22 about 2 months ago and I still haven't shot the first round through it. So far I've got the Sako bipod, brake, and 3 ring mount. I've even got a nice stockpile of 168gr FGMM waiting on it. I'm planning on getting a S&B in the next month or two and I can barely stand the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bryanZ06</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just searched the Tab sling and it looks great.

The Sako TRG accessories are really nice. Initially, I was just going to swap the Harris bipod and Leupold MK4 from my old 5R to the TRG. However, after looking at the TRG add-ons in person, they really seem to complete the system. I also feel the zero stop, mil/mil or MOA/MOA, and high speed turrets of the NF NXS are worth the upgrade. <span style="font-weight: bold">It will be tough to have the TRG in the safe unable to shoot it for the next month, but in the end it will be worth a little sacrifice.</span> </div></div>

Welcome to my world.
wink.gif
I got my TRG 22 about 2 months ago and I still haven't shot the first round through it. So far I've got the Sako bipod, brake, and 3 ring mount. I've even got a nice stockpile of 168gr FGMM waiting on it. I'm planning on getting a S&B in the next month or two and I can barely stand the wait. </div></div>
Word homes. I was looking at S&B's today. They were really nice, but I figured I should draw the line somewhere. To my novice eye, the S&B was the nicest scope I looked through. However, the difference was very slight amongst the USO, NF, and S&B I looked through.

Sako makes a nice wide sling for the TRG rifle. It has all the necessary hardware, but of course - it's expensive. Berretta USA sells them and EuroOptic might have some too.

As much as I liked my HK sling... we started training for our first competition and I found the leather sling merely adequate. So I tried (and subsequently bought) a TAB gear biathlon sling.

Fantastic piece of kit. And the service at RO was first rate.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Agreed the TAB biathlon sling is awesome with the TRG22, and a big thumbs up for Rifles Only, amazing customer service!

what model biathlon sling are you using. the prices are extreme from the lowest to most $$$

Heydavemd:

I bought the middle one in OD. The higher end one has different buckles/clips, I think. And I didn't see a need for those.

Our new MO is looking at one of the new fast adjustable slings from TAB. He shoots an AR-10... we think that will be a great combo. Cheers, Sirhr