• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

need some advice.

TOPGuN050

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
Butler PA
this question has probably been asked a million times, but here it goes again.

my cousins girlfriend is looking into getting him a rifle for xmas this year and has called upon me to help her out. he is currently on deployment (navy) and isn't due home until march or so, so I have time

she has a budget of around 1500$ to buy a rifle and glass. I have a viper PST I am thinking about giving her a deal on to get glass on it.

so, the question is, if you had a budget like this, what would you buy? I will probably ask 600$ for my viper so she will have about a grand to spend on the rifle alone.

any and all advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. only stipulation is, he hates the 308. wants something a bit flatter shooting and can stretch out to around 1000yds.
I have looked into a few 700s and some savages. I was thinking a 6.5 creed or maybe a 243.

remember this will be a starter rifle, nothing spectacular, but something that will suit his needs right out of the box. thanks again for any input.