• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Atlas Bipod on the Way, the Updated PSR Model

Thanks again for all your support and interest I just posted a picture up on 5-H thread.

I'm out.

Improvements to the already perfect bipod?? Didn't see that coming!! Outstanding as always Kasey.

The state of the art in bipods has taken a big jump since 2008, I'm glad to see the competition and development coming out with lots of people putting out a good product. It's good for the industry and the end user.

1. The legs no longer spin, they are grooved in place and do rotate.

2. The lock up for the Pan & Tilt is tighter, you can see the "brake" it has to help hold it in place.

Those 2 issues were what caused me to dump my first Atlas almost 3 years ago, after the Christmas Surprise that was generously afforded to some of us I've come into another one but (and not to look a gift horse in the mouth) I'm not using because 1 & 2 still irritate me. Is there any option to retrofit existing bipods to fix either or both of them in a cost effective manner?

Last edited:
Ya know, there are manufacturers that have come on the Hide and completely turned me against their products just by virtue of the way they conducted themselves. They may have a great product, but the guy was such an A-hole, I wouldn't support the company. [MENTION=1217]Kasey[/MENTION]/Atlas is the complete opposite of that dynamic. Even though I have some very expensive setups, I just never really considered an Atlas as something I "needed" since I've been "making due" with Harris all this time. Kasey has impressed me so much, on a number of different threads, that I'm going to buy my first Atlas; simply because I want to support Kasey and respect the hell out of the way he does business.

I'm going to wait till the end of the month to do my order so I'm at the "back of the line" since I won't be home to use it for almost a year I don't want someone to be waiting on theirs while mine is sitting in a box in my gun room collecting dust till I'm CONUS.

Alright guys I'm looking for a little help here. I'm going to order of of these for my aics but can't decide on height. I'm an atlas virgin so would you recommend the 4-9 or 7-13?

sent from my POS phone

what he said^^^

Alright guys I'm looking for a little help here. I'm going to order of of these for my aics but can't decide on height. I'm an atlas virgin so would you recommend the 4-9 or 7-13?

sent from my POS phone

The standard model (especially with the leg extensions)
is pretty capable for most things unless you need to shoot on an upwards angle

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OK I have a question. Knowing really nothing about your products I have an AI with one of your bipods attached to the very front of the chassis. It has some sort of spud it slides into nothing like I've seen on other bipods that either Mount to a rail or a sling holder.
In saying this which of these new bipods you are producing matches what I have as for attaching to the rifle?

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Wow you guys are great! Thank you for all of the support, unbelievable! We are at SHOT so I'll be confirming your emails upon returning to B&T headquarters.

"What about a spigot mounted version?"

That would be the "NC" model.

"Those 2 issues were what caused me to dump my first Atlas almost 3 years ago, after the Christmas Surprise that was generously afforded to some of us I've come into another one but (and not to look a gift horse in the mouth) I'm not using because 1 & 2 still irritate me. Is there any option to retrofit existing bipods to fix either or both of them in a cost effective manner?"

We continue to tweak our designs so today's BT10 series Atlas is different than 3 years ago. However the PSR is so different we decided to assign new part numbers and will not be converting BT10's into PSR's. Sorry.

James, if you want to replace your current bipod with a PSR version then decide which length and get the "NC" model. Remove the two screws, take the old bipod off and replace with the new one. Easy.

I think I described it correctly heres my bipod mounted and unmounted. So before I place an order I wanna make sure I order correctly.

atuzehud.jpg

eryvatyj.jpg

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Sent in Order Thanks Kasey
Man I am so looking forward to no rotating legs and other improvements

E-mail sent. Thanks for hookin us up Kasey!!!!

This will be replacing a v7 BT10. Very interested in the non-spinning legs for a little more stability along with the deeper cuts in the tension knob.

Last edited:
Just got back from SHOT and got to fondle the new bipods. The improvement BP10 are great, but I never really had trouble with the legs spinning. The 5-H was really beefy and surprisingly light for how big it is.

I'm IN. Sent an order for one of the clamp models.

Stopped at SHOT and visited with Kasey. A class act for sure.

FN in MT

Another newb question...
Is the 7" measurement on the tall version with the legs perpendicular to the rail of the rifle (so in theory it could go lower if the legs were set forward at an angle)?

Back from SHOT and it was a hoot, thanks again to one and all that stopped by.

I've got caught up on all of the SH-PSR requests, so if you sent an email for the PSR you should be confirmed. IF you did not get a "Thank you" then please re-submit your request as noted in previous post above.

We will address ALL questions and shipping concerns when we contact you for payment.

Thank you for your support and patience, I hope you believe it was worth your wait.

James n TN, the BT46-NC will mount to that spigot.

redroan45, the measurements are at minimum with legs at 45 setting and maximum at legs extended at the 90 degree setting.

Kasey: I just resubmitted an e-mail as I have not been contacted yet. I was travelling when I sent the first email so it might be on my end why it didn't go through.

Kasey, thanks for the answer to my question. Email has been sent for 1- BT46-LW17 PSR. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Last edited:
I think the most important question here is, how do we order one of those cannons in golfball caliber?

Non firing???

I'm sure there is some legal reason why, but fuck.....

okay so we drill the blind "fuse" hole with a .140 dia. drill and we almost, that is ALMOST penetrate the bore, which means a common .125 drill will pass through the .140 blind hole IF you chose to drill into the bore making the .140 blind hole a through hole. This is our way of saying it is a display piece unless you chose to make it functional, then all responsibilities rest with you.

Here is my personal mortar we did a the final full bore FFF test shot with using a golf ball with a ribbon attached. As has been pointed out that a lead ball would generate more pressure which is true, but it is 300 series stainless steel bar stock so any such action, including loading buck shot and shooting hogs with it, should be approached with caution.....

BITTER & TWISTED MORTAR - RIBBON NO-MO.MOV - YouTube