• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ***NEW*** Dead Air Nomad-LT (Titanium)

They booth sound great, but I like the tone of the deadair more.
That could honestly be because the TBAC was brand new, and the Nomad-LT has several thousand shots through it, so it has a nice layer or carbon built up on the walls and baffles, that would help deaden the sound somewhat, and give it a more neutral (dead) sound, as opposed to the brand new Magnus that has a more sharp/higher-pitched sound. I'm sure once the Magnus gets shot that many times, it will sound neutral as well. The same thing has happened with both my Nomad-LT and my Otter Creek Hydrogen-L, so I'm sure the TBAC will do the same.

But yes, they're both insanely quiet with both supers and subs.

I didn't have my OCL Hydrogen-L with me that day, or I would have done a comparison with all 3 of them. I'll try to get one video'd sooner or later, and post all 3 of them up in a comparison. 👍🏼

Whoops, yep, went back and counted them... 9 baffles on the Nomad-LT, 13 on the Hydrogen-L, and the Magnus-HUB is a mystery...

My Magnus HUB Form 4 was approved in 49 days, so I got it and was able to go to the range a few days ago. It has 8 baffles, but is a big boi can at 1.80" diameter and 9.5" with my Titanium Rearden Atlas mount. Weighs 15.62 oz (lighter than the OCL Polonium by the way...)

I think it is my favorite suppressor by far on the 300 Win Mag (Bergara HMR Pro). Cut the recoil down significantly. I'd say on par with the Omega 300 w/ Anchor Brake. YHM R2 was close though, but the groups weren't as good. Omega 300 had the tightest groups but the Magnus wasn't far behind. I think it's a combination of me trying to get comfortable with this new rifle and for the new rifle/barrel to get settled in. My Hydrogen S 308 had more noticeable recoil and I *think* it was a bit louder than the other cans, but it is also a shorter can than the Magnus.

Vox Blox doesn't make a 1.80" diameter block, so I had to modify a 1.74" to make it fit. Only reason I needed it was to properly torque the Atlas mount.

The heat mirage was killer though. A few rounds and I couldn't see anything out my Razor Gen II 4.5-27. Also seems like a very "Gassy" can. Trapped a whole bunch of smoke from my Sig 190gr SMK. Omega 300 and R2 wasn't as bad, just a small puff. But if I put my Rifle Kuhler into the chamber after each shot (out of curiosity), the Magnus seemed like someone was puffing on a cigar.

Overall it was a lot of fun. The price tag for the Magnus was steep, but I'm impressed by the quality and attention to detail as well as its performance.

My Magnus HUB Form 4 was approved in 49 days, so I got it and was able to go to the range a few days ago. It has 8 baffles, but is a big boi can at 1.80" diameter and 9.5" with my Titanium Rearden Atlas mount. Weighs 15.62 oz (lighter than the OCL Polonium by the way...)

I think it is my favorite suppressor by far on the 300 Win Mag (Bergara HMR Pro). Cut the recoil down significantly. I'd say on par with the Omega 300 w/ Anchor Brake. YHM R2 was close though, but the groups weren't as good. Omega 300 had the tightest groups but the Magnus wasn't far behind. I think it's a combination of me trying to get comfortable with this new rifle and for the new rifle/barrel to get settled in. My Hydrogen S 308 had more noticeable recoil and I *think* it was a bit louder than the other cans, but it is also a shorter can than the Magnus.

Vox Blox doesn't make a 1.80" diameter block, so I had to modify a 1.74" to make it fit. Only reason I needed it was to properly torque the Atlas mount.

The heat mirage was killer though. A few rounds and I couldn't see anything out my Razor Gen II 4.5-27. Also seems like a very "Gassy" can. Trapped a whole bunch of smoke from my Sig 190gr SMK. Omega 300 and R2 wasn't as bad, just a small puff. But if I put my Rifle Kuhler into the chamber after each shot (out of curiosity), the Magnus seemed like someone was puffing on a cigar.

Overall it was a lot of fun. The price tag for the Magnus was steep, but I'm impressed by the quality and attention to detail as well as its performance.
Well, comparing it to a Polonium (5.56 suppressor) that's a duty-rated 5.56 can made of 17-4 stainless (totally different material) is not even an apples to oranges, it's like comparing a watermelon to a peanut. They're just too dissimilar to compare. Yes, they're both suppressors, but that's where the similarities ends. I wouldn't use those 2 as a comparison in the future.

The Hydrogen-S 7.62 (I have one of these, too) will have more noticeable recoil and be louder than the Magnus...It is 2" shorter, and nearly 0.200" smaller in diameter. The Hydro-S 7.62 would be better compared to an Ultra 7 Gen2. Comparing the Magnus to the Hydro-S is comparing apples to bananas. Once again, dissimilar comparison, so not really fair to compare it. The Magnus would be more inclined to be compared to a Hydrogen-L 7.62...Of which I also have.

Yes, the Magnus will be gassy on an AR, as it's designed for maximum suppression and traps more gasses than a can built to be shot on a semi-auto. It is not a flow-through or low back pressure design. It was more designed to be a bolt-action or single-shot precision rifle/hunting can for people who want maximum decibel reduction.

Well, comparing it to a Polonium (5.56 suppressor) that's a duty-rated 5.56 can made of 17-4 stainless (totally different material) is not even an apples to oranges, it's like comparing a watermelon to a peanut. They're just too dissimilar to compare. Yes, they're both suppressors, but that's where the similarities ends. I wouldn't use those 2 as a comparison in the future.

The Hydrogen-S 7.62 (I have one of these, too) will have more noticeable recoil and be louder than the Magnus...It is 2" shorter, and nearly 0.200" smaller in diameter. The Hydro-S 7.62 would be better compared to an Ultra 7 Gen2. Comparing the Magnus to the Hydro-S is comparing apples to bananas. Once again, dissimilar comparison, so not really fair to compare it. The Magnus would be more inclined to be compared to a Hydrogen-L 7.62...Of which I also have.

Yes, the Magnus will be gassy on an AR, as it's designed for maximum suppression and traps more gasses than a can built to be shot on a semi-auto. It is not a flow-through or low back pressure design. It was more designed to be a bolt-action or single-shot precision rifle/hunting can for people who want maximum decibel reduction.
I didn't use the Magnus on an AR, it was my HMR Pro 300 WM.

I used the Polonium as a comparison because I have it and was surprised at how heavy it was. I have other 17-4 cans and they're not as heavy. The only heavier cans than the Polo was the B&T P90 which is aluminum tubing with stainless baffles. Sure different caliber and application. Just wanted to give an idea that while the Magnus is a very big volume can it isn't heavy by any means.

I did mention the Hydrogen was shorter so it'd kick but my YHM R2 cut the recoil down about as much as the Omega 300 and Magnus. I can't explain that one. The R2 is 17-4 stainless with Inconel blast baffle and still lighter than the Polo

All used on the HMR Pro 300 WM. I don't have an AR on 300 WM

Oh and the YHM R2 is about as hard use as the Polonium based on Andrew's on machine gun abuse test. Haha.

Last edited:
I didn't use the Magnus on an AR, it was my HMR Pro 300 WM.

I used the Polonium as a comparison because I have it and was surprised at how heavy it was. I have other 17-4 cans and they're not as heavy. The only heavier cans than the Polo was the B&T P90 which is aluminum tubing with stainless baffles. Sure different caliber and application. Just wanted to give an idea that while the Magnus is a very big volume can it isn't heavy by any means.

I did mention the Hydrogen was shorter so it'd kick but my YHM R2 cut the recoil down about as much as the Omega 300 and Magnus. I can't explain that one. The R2 is 17-4 stainless with Inconel blast baffle and still lighter than the Polo

All used on the HMR Pro 300 WM. I don't have an AR on 300 WM

Oh and the YHM R2 is about as hard use as the Polonium based on Andrew's on machine gun abuse test. Haha.
The R2 is lighter than the Polo because it has a .30 caliber bore, which means less material in each baffle x the number of baffles, which equals less weight.

The Polonium is heavy because if it’s true duty rating. It’s designed to be one of the toughest 5.56 cans on the market. Once again, other cans probably have thinner walls and thinner baffles, making them lighter, but not as tough.