• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

I would think so. You may want to look at LOP as I would guess it would start quite long.

EDIT: LOP would start at about 13.5" plus the length of the adapter so probably around 14.25"+.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

What is your projected time frame for this chassis to available for Savage 110 action that are used on the 110BA 338LM/300WM? I would love to build another 110BA w/ your chassis since yours is open top forearm n one solid piece vs. Savage 110BA 2 piece chassis...

Thanks.

I am sorry but I do not have a release time for the Savage long action at this time. Hopefully we will be able to offer it soon.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

What is your projected time frame for this chassis to available for Savage 110 action that are used on the 110BA 338LM/300WM? I would love to build another 110BA w/ your chassis since yours is open top forearm n one solid piece vs. Savage 110BA 2 piece chassis...

Thanks.

This chassis is sweet! The more times I check this thread the more it grows on me. Stupid newb questions but will the short action Savage model accept AICS 223/308 mags? Does the chassis come with a section of rail to accept an Atlas bi pod?

Yes, any short action model will accept both the 223 and 308 AICS style magazines. The chassis comes with a swivel stud for a Harris style bipod and we do have picatinni rails available for it for your Atlas bipod.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

This chassis is sweet! The more times I check this thread the more it grows on me. Stupid newb questions but will the short action Savage model accept AICS 223/308 mags? Does the chassis come with a section of rail to accept an Atlas bi pod?

Hello, I'm surprised this chassis was just released! I was doing a comparison of chassis options between a few popular models and thought the Element was out for some time. I guess that's why I haven't been able to find reviews for it yet, haha

Question: what's the lead time for these? If I order Monday, when can I expect it to arrive?

Also, I see there is a QD mount for a sling on the stock, is there a similar one on the hand guard? Or is that an accessory option? Thank you!

First shipments of our Element will be leaving the second week of April so figure 1-2 week lead time.

Yes, we do have a rail mount or direct mount QD adapter for the for-end. The Tactical versions of our butt stocks already come with flush cups on the left and right side.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Hello, I'm surprised this chassis was just released! I was doing a comparison of chassis options between a few popular models and thought the Element was out for some time. I guess that's why I haven't been able to find reviews for it yet, haha

Question: what's the lead time for these? If I order Monday, when can I expect it to arrive?

Also, I see there is a QD mount for a sling on the stock, is there a similar one on the hand guard? Or is that an accessory option? Thank you!

Not a chance LOL...

Seriously the SSG 3000 is quite a unique receiver and we do not offer it for any of our chassis for it. We have attempted it but it just did not work right.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Thank you for the reply, I was hoping.

Can't wait to see some reviews on this chassis. I think the Element will suit my needs very well.

First shipments of our Element will be leaving the second week of April so figure 1-2 week lead time.

Yes, we do have a rail mount or direct mount QD adapter for the for-end. The Tactical versions of our butt stocks already come with flush cups on the left and right side.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Thank you!

Dumb question and I'm sure it's been asked and answered before, but what pistol grip is on the chassis in those first pics?

The lack of initial savage bottom bolt release support is troubling.... I'm really getting frustrated by the almost complete lack of chassis options. This sucks donkey c$@&

The lack of initial savage bottom bolt release support is troubling.... I'm really getting frustrated by the almost complete lack of chassis options. This sucks donkey c$@&

We build both our Evolution and Carbon chassis for the bottom bolt release Savage rifles. We were the first company to offer this feature in a chassis and continue to support the Savage line. We don't have the Element for it....just yet...

Thought it looked like an ergo... I assume you cut the back off?

Ergo builds the grips special for us as a flat top.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Well here I am to praise XLR a little bit. Kyle, the chassis came on Thursday and I got a chance to drop my gun into it today and fire some handloads down range. Awesome feeling lightweight chassis with great performance.

Gun is a Rem 700 SPS Varmint with a few upgrades done to it. I will be posting separate images in the bolt action rifle section in a second.

As promised here is my report on the chassis:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-element-review-range-report.html#post3051659

Last edited:
I assume they come with the chassis purchase then?

Yes sir!

Well here I am to praise XLR a little bit. Kyle, the chassis came on Thursday and I got a chance to drop my gun into it today and fire some handloads down range. Awesome feeling lightweight chassis with great performance.
Looks good brother! Glad the chassis is working well for you!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kudos to you Kyle for a VERY good looking chassis at an absolute incredibly good price point. You are going to sell a ton of these! I'll be giving you a call on Monday

Eddie Fosnaugh

IMG_5071 (1024x525).jpg20140614_100416.jpgI got it order.
I like my set up

Last edited:
I'm a Winchester man, but I've been thinking seriously on a .223 700, short barrel and a folder. Maybe 16.5 barrel with a brake. Looks like in absence of a folder, the stock configuration above would allow for the cleaning rod to pass right through the cheekpiece.

Mark

I'm a Winchester man, but I've been thinking seriously on a .223 700, short barrel and a folder. Maybe 16.5 barrel with a brake. Looks like in absence of a folder, the stock configuration above would allow for the cleaning rod to pass right through the cheekpiece.

Mark

Got my stock in Saturday and painted/mounted up last night. Folder 223 19" barrel. Wait till you see it. HOTT
(will do a review get some pics once I get some ammo loaded up. This weekend for sure)

Regards,
DT

I came across this thread while killing some time downrange... you seriously just stole my money from another chassis system. Everything is priced well within my budget!

This will accept box fed 308 correct? I believe on the previous page someone mentioned something about 223 mags only... please correct me if I am wrong.

.308 AICS mags and .223 Mags are same outside dimensions, so yes, it'll accept the .308 mags.

Our in-house anodizing line is simply not large enough to accommodate the volume of our Element chassis. All Element chassis will be anodized by another local anodizing facility. We finally received the first batch back from anodized today! We are starting to package today and will start shipping out on Monday!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Anxiously awaiting my tracking number :)

Last edited:
Finally received the first batch back from anodized today! We are starting to package today and will start shipping out on Monday!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Excellent. Thank you Kyle!

Our in-house anodizing line is simply not large enough to accommodate the volume of our Element chassis. All Element chassis will be anodized by another local anodizing facility. We finally received the first batch back from anodized today! We are starting to package today and will start shipping out on Monday!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Perfect timing! I have just about everything I need for this build arriving next week.

Oh please oh please tell me mine will be here next Friday for my Saturday off next Saturday

**EDIT---

WOOOT WOOOT got tracking number for mine today.

Thanks kyle super stoked

Last edited:
I hope mine comes soon... though I'm still waiting on my new trigger, scope, and base... :/

Mine is on its way due in 4-23-14 and I have a new 26inch SS 5-R match grade Rock Creek barrel on it and I can not fire because my trigger is on the Rem 700 recall.

Did you get the email today? I think mines broke or something. Lol