• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

I was planning on ordering the MDT LSS with XLR folder and buttstock. Looks like I'll be able to order everything from XLR now. I think this chassis will look pretty sweet on my 16.5" SPS Tactical.

XLR,
Do you know what the weight is on the rifle you have pictured? Are you going to offer this in colors other than black? I'd be very interested in one in OD green.

any plan or capability to add a night vision rail to the top side of the fore stock.

Yes, there will be a NV mount available probably around 3rd quarter of 2014.

Any hope of you offering a Savage LA version?

Sorry but no Savage LA chassis is planned at this time. We will still offer our Evolution and Carbon chassis for the Savage long action.

XLR,
Do you know what the weight is on the rifle you have pictured? Are you going to offer this in colors other than black? I'd be very interested in one in OD green.

Total weight as pictured with bipods, magazine, optics, etc is 12 pounds 7 ounces. We are trying to streamline these for faster production so we will only offer these in black. The chassis will accept coatings like cerakote no problem it is just not something that we offer in house.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

Nice offering, really nice. (This may be just the ticket for what my daughter has been asking for, for her rifle!)

That being said, it would be interesting if there was a version with a fore end that supported keymod attachments. Perhaps a separately machined insert, that could be added to both sides and bottom in lieu of the holes and slots machine currently. It would seem there is enough meat in the fore end to support this, but perhaps machining costs would make the price point not as appealing(?)....

Thoughts?

Kyle,

Nice offering, really nice. (This may be just the ticket for what my daughter has been asking for, for her rifle!)

That being said, it would be interesting if there was a version with a fore end that supported keymod attachments. Perhaps a separately machined insert, that could be added to both sides and bottom in lieu of the holes and slots machine currently. It would seem there is enough meat in the fore end to support this, but perhaps machining costs would make the price point not as appealing(?)....

Thoughts?

This chassis will not be setup for keymod style rails as we are trying to keep cost and machine time down for this particular model. We do have some new designs in the works that will utilize the keymod style hand guard but it will be a while yet before that is released.

Will a Defiance Deviant with a straight bolt handle fit in this chassis?

Defiance deviant will fit no problem. I was not aware that you could get one with a straight bolt handle on the Deviant but we can cut a straight bolt cut no problem.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

Thanks for the feed back and the peek into future prospects. I'll be waiting for the Savage version of these chassis' for my daughter's rifle. Do you know when you'll start taking pre-orders for the Savage variants? If you're taking them now, I'd like to get on the list; if not, I'd like to plan for that.

v/r

Yes, we will offer left hand configurations.

The PRS has a molded in anti-rotation dowel that drops into the grip area on our chassis. Because of this, it is required that the PRS be milled flat so it no longer interferes with your hand at the grip. It must also be pinned to the buffer tube to prevent rotation. LOP will also start out quite long at 14" and there is not much of a recoil pad if you are using this with larger caliber cartridges. In short no, we will not offer this with the PRS. If you want to make it work than yes, technically it can be used.

-Kyle ~ XLR

I think MDT Makes an adapter to fit the PRS into a Carbine Chassis.

Fixed Stock Adapter for LSS

I would think that if the LSS is threaded for a regular milspec carbine buffer tube, then it would work in any chassis system that takes a carbine buffer tube.

Kyle,

Thanks for the feed back and the peek into future prospects. I'll be waiting for the Savage version of these chassis' for my daughter's rifle. Do you know when you'll start taking pre-orders for the Savage variants? If you're taking them now, I'd like to get on the list; if not, I'd like to plan for that.

v/r

We are not going to take orders for the Savage yet because it will still be a couple months out. Of course we will let everyone know via Facebook and Snipers Hide so you should see the notification if you follow us on either of those sites.

I think MDT Makes an adapter to fit the PRS into a Carbine Chassis.

Fixed Stock Adapter for LSS

I would think that if the LSS is threaded for a regular milspec carbine buffer tube, then it would work in any chassis system that takes a carbine buffer tube.

That looks like it may work!

DAMNIT. now i cant decide between this or the evolution... Would this possibly mean that the evo stocks are dropping in price slightly? EDIT savage short action with trigger guard bolt release or top release only?

Last edited:
That sucks

Unfortunately we will not be inletting the Element for the FN/Winchester Model 70. Only for the Remington 700 SA, Remington 700 LA, Savage short action, and Tikka T3. However, we still offer our Evolution chassis for the FN/Winchester Model 70!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle,

What is the expected turnaround on these guys once you start selling them? I do believe I'm going to have to own one alongside my evolution chassis.

YESSSS!!! Just what I wanted. OBVIOUSLY these will be available in lefty version to fit a Stiller Tac 30 action.....right?.....please...

Last edited:
DAMNIT. now i cant decide between this or the evolution... Would this possibly mean that the evo stocks are dropping in price slightly? EDIT savage short action with trigger guard bolt release or top release only?

Evo pricing will remain the same. The Element is not a replacement but simply another option. The element is cheaper because it is easier to make. I am sure we will offer the Savage SA Element for the trigger guard bolt release but it will most likely be an upgrade charge due to the added work and parts.

That sucks

Yeah, Model 70's are just not that popular. We have maybe sold 20 Model 70 chassis ever....

Kyle,

What is the expected turnaround on these guys once you start selling them? I do believe I'm going to have to own one alongside my evolution chassis.

First deliveries will start second week of April. I would say no more than 2 weeks out but that will depend on how many folks order.

YESSSS!!! Just what I wanted. OBVIOUSLY these will be available in lefty version to fit a Stiller Tac 30 action.....right?.....please...

Left hand = no problem :)

Any way you guys can have the credit card charge show "How to be a better husband: Self Help DVD"?

Kyle,
Regarding the bipod I just returned, I wish I would have had you keep the funds for an in-store credit. This chassis is on my "to buy" list and my wife just got your check yesterday so I'll never see it . . .

Nice looking hardware. I'll be in touch late this fall.

Dan

Yeah, Model 70's are just not that popular. We have maybe sold 20 Model 70 chassis ever....

Well, I would buy one, especially if was made to use the TBM. I know it's only one. I wish the hobby guns never made it to the mil.

ive never had a chassis before. i just purchased a remington 700 (85470) should be here friday! only aftermarket stocks ive had in the past were bell & carlson's. i was looking at the mdt lss chassis and also the krg x-ray. how would you compare your chassis to these? im having a hard time deciding and just came across this new element! thanks

Hey Kyle,
Will a Stiller spectre fit into the Element? Because it has an octanganal base not sure if it would need some minor mods, it also has a straight bolt handle.
Regards Toni

I've gotta say I like the looks of the element chassis, I wasn't a fan of the evolution chassis. Any plans to make them for the Howa/vanguard?

ive never had a chassis before. i just purchased a remington 700 (85470) should be here friday! only aftermarket stocks ive had in the past were bell & carlson's. i was looking at the mdt lss chassis and also the krg x-ray. how would you compare your chassis to these? im having a hard time deciding and just came across this new element! thanks

You will find that our chassis along with the KRG will generally achieve better accuracy than B&C or other more factory stocks. The nice thing about the chassis is that they are a direct bolt on with no bedding or gunsmithing required. The DBM system is integrated into the stock so there is less cost and hassle for you.

Hey Kyle,
Will a Stiller spectre fit into the Element? Because it has an octanganal base not sure if it would need some minor mods, it also has a straight bolt handle.
Regards Toni

Sorry but we will not be offering the Element chassis for the Stiller Spectre. However, we still build our Evolution and Carbon chassis for the Spectre.

I've gotta say I like the looks of the element chassis, I wasn't a fan of the evolution chassis. Any plans to make them for the Howa/vanguard?

If we do make an Element chassis for the Howa it will probably be towards the end of 2014. In the past we have built our chassis for pretty much any receiver. With the Element we are trying to keep it more simple so we can keep production up. Offering a Howa inlet will probably depend on our International clients as they order a lot more Howa's than our US customers. We will need to see a good demand before we decide to offer it.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Do you have any side profile pictures with the same 20" barrel?

Thanks

This was my first time ordering from XLR and I have to say that Kyle really took the time to help me out with sorting through the chassis options on the phone. I can't wait to get my new Element. Thanks again Kyle!

Sorry but we only anodize in black now. In an effort in lower lead times we have recently dropped the green color. Like the old Fords you can have any color you want as long as it is black ;) Our chassis will accept coatings like cerakote or duracoat it is just not something that we offer in house.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Any plans on the green anodizing?

Being that the chassis is adjustable, the overall length of the rifle would be dependent on your desired length of pull plus the distance from the trigger to
the end of the barrel.

The Rem 700 SA chassis is 19.5" overall WITHOUT a butt stock. From the trigger to the end of the chassis is about 16.5 inches.

-Kyle ~ XLR

What's the overall length of the chassis including buttstock?

Arrived yesterday! Can't wait to out it together tonight. Pics to follow shortly!

Thanks again for the amazing service Kyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will a Bighorn Tactical fit in this chassis?

Element chassis is now available to order for Bighorn SR2, Bighorn TL2, and Surgeon 591!!!!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Arrived yesterday! Can't wait to out it together tonight. Pics to follow shortly!

Thanks again for the amazing service Kyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy!

Thanks again Kyle. It's all coming together nicely.

This is a placeholder scope, going to switch over my 56mm NXS after I shoot one more match this weekend with my old Savage.

Attachments

• SAM_0423szd.JPG
    SAM_0423szd.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 30
  • SAM_0421szd.JPG
    SAM_0421szd.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 31
  • SAM_0419szd.JPG
    SAM_0419szd.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 28
  • SAM_0415szd.JPG
    SAM_0415szd.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 28
Wow looks nice. Did the length added by the folding stock adapter give you problems with the cheek piece distance to the scope? Wonder if using the lite buttstock with the extreme buttstock's cheek piece (already have one installed on my HS-P and it works great) may be safer to prevent eye relief issues.

I assume the MDT's "Fixed Stock Adapter for LSS" should thread in the buffer tube hole w/o issue, cause I would like to use a Magul PRS stock if possible.

I would think so. You may want to look at LOP as I would guess it would start quite long.

EDIT: LOP would start at about 13.5" plus the length of the adapter so probably around 14.25"+.

-Kyle ~ XLR

I assume the MDT's "Fixed Stock Adapter for LSS" should thread in the buffer tube hole w/o issue, cause I would like to use a Magul PRS stock if possible.

Last edited: