• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New scope on the Varmint

Lineman711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
TN
Just mounted a new V16 with fine crosshairs on my Varmint. Only had time to fire 10 rounds and get back on target at 50 yards. Those fine crosshairs really make a difference compared to the thick duplex on the 40/44 series that I had on this gun.

Heading out in the morning to test the tracking and see if 100 yard groups tighten up any.

Re: New scope on the Varmint

Got out today and put some rounds down range. Scope was great. Tracked great, glass very clear throughout power range, turrets had a decent feel when moving. I think I'll like this scope. Loved the fine crosshairs, made distance shooting so much easier.

Found a few boxes of Federal 719 and, to my surprise, shot better than 711B, especially at 100 and farther. Shot the best 100 and 150 yard group I've ever had with a rimfire with the 719. I can't do it every time though. Conditions were perfect this morning.

Pics are shitty, I need a new camera I know.
Picture017.jpg

5 shots, 100 yards, Fed. 719, Prone
Picture016.jpg

5 shots, 100 yards, Fed. 711B, prone
Picture014.jpg

5 shots, 150 yards, Fed 719, prone
Picture015.jpg

I just purchased a 453 Varmint. I'm trying to decide what scope to put on it. I will have to consider the V16. By the way, nice shooting.

I have a 452 Varmint in 17HM2 very nice guns, I went with the Leupold rings and put a 3X9 Leupold scope on her, I have one of the V16s on a centerfire and they are very nice scopes, great looking rifle and groups by the way.

Have a 453 Varmint. Love it. I put a Burris 6x18 0n it. Scope has 1/8" clicks which I like for a .22 Clear scope also. I have an older KT15 and it is also a good scope. Tracks good and comes back.