• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

We're giving up quite a bit actually. High labor costs, high materials costs, high manufacturing costs, VAT taxes, importation taxes, importation costs, and mark ups. It adds up in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wow, this makes me wonder just how much my Euro scopes would cost if they were built here.

Whatever the case, gonna have to sell my Razor to pick up the 5-25... and just come up with the cash for the 3-15.

I was soooo close to buying a Leupold Mk6 to put on my precision AR... but at 25 oz, I def would rather have the Steiner.

You guys hit a home run with this.

Alright fellas, we've had to take down this pass through link and the preorder link on our website. We will have it back up and running as soon as Steiner gives us the green light. Thanks for the awesome response we got from you!!

Scott

Last edited:
This is actually a good sign. Germany/Europe Union has gone so socialized that even our expensive labor is cheaper than building in country.

If we continue down their path though - socialized medicine, permanent unemployment pay, and raising the minimum wage to pay for showing up rather than performance - Im sure we can stop this trend for manufacturing in the US and actually take our economy over the brink to become Greece.

Sadly it seems that the Business Lobbyists are betting we continue on this path and they are pushing for Amnesty so perhaps they can ride the wave a little longer by using cheap "new citizen" labor (screwing present citizens) gaining them some time to milk the last profits before the crash.

I agree 100% , being solidly in the middle class I feel like " Lucky Peirre " , I have no representation within our political spectrum !
This thread however is not the place to vent and I apologize to the OP in advance for my straying from the subject of the post !

Damn! Just what i needed another great scope to come on the market!!! German glass over the Burris, illumination over the Bushnell and zero stop over the SS. AND with MSR!!! Shut up and take my money!!!

I think I've found my high end rimfire scopes I've been looking for in the 3-15x with MSR. Should go great on the Annies with the 20m parallax. I'm not sure if I can pull myself away from S&B quite yet for the centerfire rigs, but we'll see...

I forsee a lot of steiner military's for sale for cheap soon. I'll be keeping mine however. It's still an awesome scope. I would love one of these new one in 3-15 however for my larue stealth. Looks way nicer than the night force 2-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steiner Optics,

Thank you for making yourself available here for questions/info. Thanks also to Steiner for the support of the shooting community. The new scope and reticle look great.

A couple of questions:

1.) What are the total mils of elevation available on each model? Obviously the turret maxes at 24 mils of "up" if they both (3-15 and 5-25) have two full turns of 12, but will you need a larger degree of mounting cant to have both full turns available?

2.) It looks like there is no "locking" type feature on the turrets. Is there a particular reason you guys didn't go for this (at minimum on the windage turret)?

3.) Are there any other reticles planned? I think the SCR looks great, and the tweaked MSR is sure to be received well. Are there plans for some flavor of "tree" type reticle as well?

Thanks again for taking the time to come on here and show off the new optic and answer questions. That is a pretty cool deal. Have a good one.

Best regards,
TSean

Steiner Optics,

Thank you for making yourself available here for questions/info. Thanks also to Steiner for the support of the shooting community. The new scope and reticle look great.

A couple of questions:

1.) What are the total mils of elevation available on each model? Obviously the turret maxes at 24 mils of "up" if they both (3-15 and 5-25) have two full turns of 12, but will you need a larger degree of mounting cant to have both full turns available?

I'm not sure yet but we are working on specs

2.) It looks like there is no "locking" type feature on the turrets. Is there a particular reason you guys didn't go for this (at minimum on the windage turret)?

Several reason with the biggest one being that of all of our sponsored shooters not a single one of them wanted locking turrets. In fact I was asked that I please not include locking turrets and MTC so I didn't. The bottom line though is that we just don't run into many people that want them so we didn't see a reason to have a feature that would just make the scope more expensive.

3.) Are there any other reticles planned? I think the SCR looks great, and the tweaked MSR is sure to be received well. Are there plans for some flavor of "tree" type reticle as well?

Yes that is the plan. It's just a plan right now but it's in the plans.

Thanks again for taking the time to come on here and show off the new optic and answer questions. That is a pretty cool deal. Have a good one.

Best regards,
TSean

Last edited:
Alright fellas, we will be able to probably take care as many of you as you wish. There will be no cap or cutoff on the amount of preorders we will accept at this time. I appreciate the awesome response you have given us. Proceed with confidence

Scott

Definitely a go for pre-order for the 5x25 with the SCR reticle and keep us posted. Currently have a 5x25 MSR and love it although would like a thinner floating center cross hair in the future:)

Where are these built in the US? I'm guessing it is CO, but is it at the Burris facility, or does Steiner have their own facility there?

Where are these built in the US? I'm guessing it is CO, but is it at the Burris facility, or does Steiner have their own facility there?

We gutted the old Burris facility and built a very modern manufacturing facility in its place.

For a 308 that will be used for targets and some hunting, what would be better the 3-15 or the 5-25? The price is so close it's hard to not just get the 5-25 but I'm not sure I would need all that magnification?

For a 308 that will be used for targets and some hunting, what would be better the 3-15 or the 5-25? The price is so close it's hard to not just get the 5-25 but I'm not sure I would need all that magnification?

3-15 if you plan on hunting. Save yourself some weight and get a bigger fov. If you only are shooting from a bench the 5-25. Depending where you live (like Texas) anything about 18x is pretty unusable once the sun comes out anyway and mirage kicks up.

So the Main cross hair thickness for the SCR is 0.035 mils, whats the thickness for the MSR? Thanks

The MSR is .05

These are 5-25 subtensions we are talking about.

There are some lines on the MSR that are .03 but the main beams are .05

Finally, prices that make some sort of sense. Steiner is going to sell a boatload of these. I've been trying to figure out how to get to FFP from my NF NXS and just couldn't bring myself to lay down $3,500-$4,500 on a Beast/Schmidt/Kahles, etc. I suspect there is one of these in my future.

Thanks! I like the thickness of the p4F so I'm thinking the MSR will suit me best.

Mainlines of the P4f in the 5-25x56 are 0.035mil, just like Steiner's SCR.

I see a lot of people pining for the MSR reticle in these scopes, and I'm curious what they all think the MSR does that the SCR does not? Only thing I can see is the quick ranging brackets.

The SCR has all the other functions, and a cleaner layout PLUS 0.2 mil wind holds on the main line. Is it that the MSR just looks more "Sniper-y"?

I see a lot of people pining for the MSR reticle in these scopes, and I'm curious what they all think the MSR does that the SCR does not? Only thing I can see is the quick ranging brackets.

The SCR has all the other functions, and a cleaner layout PLUS 0.2 mil wind holds on the main line. Is it that the MSR just looks more "Sniper-y"?

Simple. People already have scopes in MSR. it's a great reticle. Why learn another one when you can keep it consistent across rifles? My only 2 gripes about the MSR is the lack of numbers (like on the SCR) and more of the reticle not being illuminated although this isn't a huge deal. Also if the center crosshairs were a tad thinner. Like .04-.045 mil it would be perfect.

Oops I actuly meant to say SCR rather than MSR.

I don't really like 0.2mil marks, so that isn't a selling point for me. Tried the H2CMR and didn't like it. Found I had to think about them and didn't resolve things as quickly as with the 0.5mil lines. I also didn't find that it really did anything extra. 0.5mil can be divided accurately enough.

That being said, I would probably go with the SCR based on the finer reticle... If the MSR had a 0.035mil thick reticle, I would go with it in spite of the ranging clutter.