• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikon M223 2-8x32 VS Burris AR-536

Sebastian777

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2013
KY
I'm looking for a scope for my new/upcoming AR-15. I plan on having a 45° CQB red dot or iron set, so I'm looking for a scope for the 75-250ish yard range. I'm looking for combat/steel plate accuracy in that range. I think I've narrowed my options down to the Nikon M223 2-8x32 and the Burris AR-536 (fixed 5x). I've found both for around $300 shipped and I'm kinda stuck in choosing between the two.
Since I'll have an offset CQB sight I'm not worried about using the scope inside of 75-100 yards. This rifle is designed to be a lightweight, rugged battle weapon and I'm looking for a scope to compliment that. Anyone have good input on my decision?

This is on my CMMG 16" Bull WASP upper, along with a set of offset BUIS. I also just got delivery of a Vortex SPARC Red Dot.

Just got the upper in January and I'm still waiting to sight it in. My AO is in Central NY, and overnight temps are going negative Fahrenheit lately. Will be trying it with 50gr handloads, 55gr TulAmmo FMJ, 62gr Federal Green Tip, and 69gr handloads. If I don't like the initial accuracy on the Federal 62's, I'll collet pull some and re-meter the charges to 26.1gr which is the arsenal data sheet spec.

Greg

Last edited: