• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NXS 2.5-10x Hard to see?

collegeboy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2011
Texas / Hawaii
I bought two NXS 2.5-10x scopes for two of my guns with the NP-2 reticle, and it is pretty hard to see through them. Is this normal? Do I just need to spend some time fine tuning them? Thanks!

Re: NXS 2.5-10x Hard to see?

Not exactly sure, but I have had that model, I had it mounted on an SPR rifle with a larue spr mount. Pretty sure that was the original design of this scopes, so they have longer eye relief than normal. (just my opinion)

Are you saying the NP-R2 reticle is hard to see?

I had one with that reticle and sold it.
I thought the reticle was difficult to see in some hunting conditions.
It was replaced with a Mil Dot/.1 Mil Zero Stop version that I am VERY pleased with. (easier to see the reticle)
Then I had to have another, and another and I still want a few more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Huddleston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought two NXS 2.5-10x scopes for two of my guns with the NP-2 reticle, and it is pretty hard to see through them. Is this normal? Do I just need to spend some time fine tuning them? Thanks! </div></div>

When you say its hard to see through them do you mean its hard to get a good sight picture? Are you seeing excessive scope shadow as the edges of the picture become black like you're looking through a small peep hole???

Have a close look at the questions above and I think you'll be better able to address the issues you are having. I am betting it is a "fitment" issue for you personally (i.e. - incorrect scope placement/eye relief, need to adjust the eyepiece diopter for your eyes, etc.).

I have used the NF 2.5-10 (x24 and x32) models and never experienced any problems/issues getting a crystal clear view through the scopes and the reticles (NP-R2 and Mil-dot).

I have the 2.5-10 with the NPR 2 reticle and I also find it diFficult to pick up the reticle. It is too thin.

I had 2.5-10x32 NXS Compact with mil-dot.
I've sold it because of two reasons:
1. It's dark. and my eye went blurry even at the sunday
2. It's a bit tricky to the eye posistion.

I've bought NXS 3.5-15x56 - no such issues.
I know these two scopes are from different leagues, but at some point i decided i can't hit what i can't see...

PS. USO 1.8-10 Slimline is far better than NXS Compact in terms of clarity of glass.

All things is just my opinion based on my eyes feedback.

I have one of those with an NPR2 and it was way too fine for hunting or for an M-4 rig. Not sure what planet NF was on with that one? You can't see the anything unless its good light or the light is on. I have over a dozen NF scopes that I love, but I hate that one....Worthless to me.

They got it right with the BDC reticle (whatever they call it)....Much better.

I would also suggest going to the Zero stop...Good luck getting back to where you started....There are no marks on the turret housing....WTF?
Great scopes otherwise.
I have one on a 375ultra with a bit over 600 rounds thru it and its holding up flawlessly. Try that with a 3.5-10 Leupold tactical.

NF should prototype and let guys that actually use these things test and try them before they introduce that sort of nonsense.

I have the NF 2.5-10x24 with a mildot reticle. It's the best compact scope I've ever owned. I'd buy more of these, but sadly NF now only sell them to the military and leos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not 100% for sure but it sounds like you need to adjust the rear diopter for your eyes.

Mike @ CST
</div></div>

this, call me if you need assistance.

Heres a picture of the mil-dot reticle through my 2.5-10x24 with a less than quality camera. Reticle is crisp and clear, I am the first to admit when I got this scope I didn't actually read the manual, and did initially experience some problems, once I adjusted the scopes reticle focus, these problems simply went away.
reticle001.jpg