• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Could anyone give me the precise diameter of the bolt?

I have contacted Dewey about thier bore guides. Brian Dewey has offered to make one up and needs a precise dimension. He needs to cut the guide within 5 thousandths for it to work correctly. If anyone else is intrested no doubt he could make a few.

Cheers

Dan

Go with a Lucas bore guide. I just received mine. Just a few questions. Did any body get an Allen wrench with there's ? I was looking at Franks video about the AXMC and was curious if the AT came with one? No big deal if it does not. Second question how does the AT trigger compare to AW? My AW was set improperly and I paid someone to readjust it when they had it at there shop to get a barrel. My AW comes back to the second stage breaks then stops. The AT come to the second stage breaks then still has some movement to the rear.Also should I use an antiseize on the threads like my AW?

Last edited:
That movement after the break is called over travel. It's there for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding of the AI over travel has always been that it was done like that to aid in reliability for if a bunch of crap gets in the mechanism. I would leave it at the factory setting unless you really understand what you're screwing with. It's not like adjusting a Timney or other single stage in a Remington 700.

And yes, your AW should have some as well.

Could anyone give me the precise diameter of the bolt?

I have contacted Dewey about thier bore guides. Brian Dewey has offered to make one up and needs a precise dimension. He needs to cut the guide within 5 thousandths for it to work correctly. If anyone else is intrested no doubt he could make a few.

Cheers

Dan

I called AI yesterday with the same question: .785"

Call and double check to make sure.

Just waiting on my barrel to come back.....skins are done.

35jh7ap.jpg

2lt13jt.jpg

Paint job looks great, like the effect the sponge gave you!

I ordered a Lucas guide rod before the AT's came out. Fits perfect from what he had for the AI's.

I did as well. My first one from Mike and it's a work of art. Now only if I could get my AT to make sure it fits!

As long as it measures .785 you will be find BJM. I really should get around to ordering a Lucas bore guide, I've been wanting one as they are pretty sweet.

Maybe this got answered a while ago but - will AI release a magnum version of the AT?

TIA

Has anybody weighed there fixed 20 inch AT's yet Im curious to see how heavy there are compared to the MKIII'S.
Thanks

Made the plunge and picked one up... weighs about 15.5lbs as configured. Using the 1" NF Ultralite rings (wont clear a rail on the NV bridge.) I'm not going to use the NV bridge, so I might just take it off. Built like a tank and feels great. Now to get to the range and do some shooting! My first AI.

Took some pictures in the bright sun to get an accurate representation of the color.

DSCF0333_zpsb36457c4.jpg

Just curious, as it's gotten quiet lately...are folks who ordered from MHS getting their AT's? I suppose I'm just anxious, but the wait is getting a bit frustrating...(ordered at the end of April/early May invoice)

Yes, people have been getting theirs from MHS. That is where mine was on order from, I received it last month after waiting for a slight modification from the gunsmith for my application. I am guessing that MHS may have been a little deeper in the preorder backlog than some of the other dealers.

I called AI yesterday with the same question: .785"

Call and double check to make sure.

I got an email back from AI in the UK. Not exactly the dimensions I was after but I will share anyhow:

The AT bolt dimensions are:

Bolt length face to shroud- 152 mm

Bolt diameter lug-lug 18 mm

Has anyone had the standard rail off their AT yet and whats the underside look like? I was thinking of getting my smith to mill off some underside to reduce the height.

The bolt is the same diameter as the AW,AE.

The tall optic rail really is not a problem. I would use low rings. But I mounted my bushnell ers and did not have any issues.

Has anyone had the standard rail off their AT yet and whats the underside look like? I was thinking of getting my smith to mill off some underside to reduce the height.

That won't work, if you mill it down there will be nothing for the screws to hold it to he receiver with. If you want a low rail then wait until they make them.

Im curios about this as well I was gonna get dad to write up a program on the cnc an pop a couple off from scratch.

Ok it could possibly take a month or two I don't even have my rifle yet. Still paying it off at Milehigh. If anybody is interested in taking one off and possibly sending it to me I could start the process early.

I havn't got mine either yet maybe two weeks.

If the underside of the existing rail is flat (without any machined lugs/pins). Would it be possible to buy a flat piece of picatinny rail, then cut it to length and drill & countersink the holes and have it cerakoted?

If that was possible then I could run a Spuhr 6mil ISMS of an appropriate height.

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing that its flat bottomed without something to keep it aligned, maybe a more knowledgeable hide member can fill us in on this.

It feels like I am reaching for the trigger on my AT. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the trigger LOP?

If it's like an AX you loosen the hex screw on the side of the trigger bar, move the blade back, and then retighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing that its flat bottomed without something to keep it aligned, maybe a knowledgeable hide member can fill us in on this.
It appears to be pinned on. I have not removed mine but there are extra holes in the base

Just curious, as it's gotten quiet lately...are folks who ordered from MHS getting their AT's? I suppose I'm just anxious, but the wait is getting a bit frustrating...(ordered at the end of April/early May invoice)

well you are ahead of me, I ordered beginning of July. I figured it is giving me time for my Vortex Razor Gen II to get here.

Sorry had to fix my lawn mower my Dad broke this week. It's hell teaching parents. This is why we can't have nice things.
Any way here is a picture of the rail. Need more let me know.

2453d6b86bd2f1c291f5dfe6e0e89bc3.jpg

Sorry had to fix my lawn mower my Dad broke this week. It's hell teaching parents. This is why we can't have nice things.
Any way here is a picture of the rail. Need more let me know.

2453d6b86bd2f1c291f5dfe6e0e89bc3.jpg

Looks interesting. Cheers

I have a question for all of they guys that has received and shot their new rifles. I will be taking mine out to the range next week for the first time and I need to make some loads to shoot. I plan on making some clone FGMM 168gr loads but I don't know approximately how many I should make. I know every gun will be a little different, but how many rounds did you shoot before your barrel "settled down" and shot good sun MOA groups? I only have 100 new Lapua cases but I have a shit ton of LC. I'm thinking about just making 100 rounds of FGMM clone with the Lapua to fire form. Maybe I should make some with the LC brass also??

I'd say make up 25 at most so that you can get some trigger time to get used to the new platform then go straight into developing a load. There was no real "settle down" time with mine, it was accurate out of the box shooting leftover hand loads from the rifle it replaced. Even with the ammo made for the previous rifle, the SMK's handled the jump of 0.060 just fine and the rifle was shooting well sub MOA. I don't think I've yet to fire a group over MOA with the rifle. The newly tuned loads for the factory 308 barrel are shooting in the area of .4-.6 MOA at 100 yards with the best being .3 MOA so far.

It was shooting right out of the box. After sight in with my reloads for my AW it was shooting half Moa or better. I'm pretty sure this was 4 rounds right after my sighter. It was the first 5 rounds out of the box.

396a3a63b4a149fad4b9b8796ddbc513.jpg

Last edited:
Made the plunge and picked one up... weighs about 15.5lbs as configured. Using the 1" NF Ultralite rings (wont clear a rail on the NV bridge.) I'm not going to use the NV bridge, so I might just take it off. Built like a tank and feels great. Now to get to the range and do some shooting! My first AI.

Took some pictures in the bright sun to get an accurate representation of the color.

DSCF0333_zpsb36457c4.jpg

Nice, congrats. I'm still waiting for my NV accessories to get here. Had my AT for about a month now.

My AIAT has been stupid accurate as well... I've got 2 other custom builds and I don't see the point. I'll just get the needed barrels and run this AI into the ground.

Tactical index finger....
2gwdkav.jpg