• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Has everyone's AT that's been delivered with a factory barrel, come without a flat milled in? Just asking because my 24inch barrel doesn't have one. Also the proof marks don't line up (in the normal spot) on the right hand side of the stock. Makes me think it might not be a Lothar Walthar or one from a AW or other?

Has everyone's AT that's been delivered with a factory barrel, come without a flat milled in? Just asking because my 24inch barrel doesn't have one. Also the proof marks don't line up (in the normal spot) on the right hand side of the stock. Makes me think it might not be a Lothar Walthar or one from a AW or other?

If it is stamped 7.62X51 then it is a UK LW barrel. If it stamped AINA 308 (or any other caliber) then it is a Bartlein barrel.

If it is stamped 7.62X51 then it is a UK LW barrel. If it stamped AINA 308 (or any other caliber) then it is a Bartlein barrel.

Because it has proof marks doesn't mean its a LW barrel. It could be an older Border Barrel or Maddco. I'm not sure when they started using LW barrels? The latest run have the obvious milled flat for the AXMC and the AT models. The barrel delivered on my AT came from Sporting Services in the UK (not AINA who are offering the Bartlein barrels) does not have the obvious milled flat. Also it doesn't have the proof marks in white lettering aligning with the righthand side of the rifle; All of the photos I have seen of the AT with LW barrels have this aligned. Which begs me to ask the question if anyone else has the same? I'm hoping no one (importer or my dealer) has done a switch on me and that it is normal!

Not sure any of us here in the US are going to be able to help you. It's possible your barrel is not the one it came with from the factory. I was under the impression that all would have the flats from the factory, mine does.

The importer says its all kosher. Apparently of the first batch of delivered AT's the barrels which were threaded were like mine (without flat & misaligned proof marks).

The proof will be in the shooting :) happy days

Couple quick snaps of my new AI. Shoots like a laser with the leftover 155 scenar load from my AE. The stock pack is even compatible with the new flush cups ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    895.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 25
Where did you get the NV bracket from?? On the barrel having no flats. My markings are on the non ejection port side. I was told by the numbers on the barrel it was not the one it originally shipped with. What the hell it still shoots great.

Where did you get the NV bracket from?? On the barrel having no flats. My markings are on the non ejection port side. I was told by the numbers on the barrel it was not the one it originally shipped with. What the hell it still shoots great.

NV bracket came from MHSA. The barrel on my AT is a unicorn (Bartlein .308)

My guess is there was possible problems with the barrels and possibly they got changed. It is not what I was told. But my guess. I will have to check them out next month at Mile High when I am there for the AI class.

Is anyone shooting the Hornady 178 BTHP or the Berger 185s with the 1 in 12" twist? How are they performing?

If I understand correctly, are the rifles shipping with Bartlien barrels are a 1 in 10 twist while the UK barrels are a 1 in 12" twist?

I am in for one. I need to sell my Custom PCR first. If only I was patient.

The bartlein barrels are supposed to come on AXMC I believe. AT unless ordered different come with lothar Walter 1/12 twist

Is anyone shooting the Hornady 178 BTHP or the Berger 185s with the 1 in 12" twist? How are they performing?

I use the Berger 185 BT's in my 1-12 AT, they perform beautifully. There is an OBT node @ 2565 FPS that will get you to 1000 meters with more accuracy than I can hold. Berger 155.5's are equally good too (comparison is really splitting hairs.)

Got my AT... Totally love the thing and I haven't even shot it yet...

2 things: First, anyone interested in trading their Green skins for my Black skins? I'll throw in some cash if needed...

Second, my barrel proof marks also don't line up like they should... My barrel DOES have the flats and otherwise it looks fine. Like I said, I have not shot it yet so if she shoots who cares, but I'm just curious as to why they don't line up. Anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned?

fc3031cbbe886e942ba75da2455f7b1c.jpg

Last edited:
Second, my barrel proof marks also don't line up like they should... My barrel DOES have the flats and otherwise it looks fine. Like I said, I have not shot it yet so if she shoots who cares, but I'm just curious as to why they don't line up. Anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned?

My only guess is that maybe the barrel was swapped from another AI received so that you could get your barrel choice sooner. Just a guess though, most of the ones I've seen line up as does mine. Shouldn't make a bit of difference though, time to get out and shoot it! Enjoy.

Got my a AT... Totally love the thing and I haven't even shot it yet...

2 things: First, anyone interested in trading their Green skins for my Black skins? I'll throw in some cash if needed...

fc3031cbbe886e942ba75da2455f7b1c.jpg

Sir -

What size rings are those?

Sooooooooo..... Needless to say, my AT is a shooter regardless of where the barrel proof marks are! Got to the range today and was able take it to 300 yards. I was very pleased with the results! Shot a mix of PPU Match, Federal GMM 175s and my own hand loads. I love the 2 stage trigger much more than I thought I would. Love this rifle!

651E3450-AD29-4B1E-84A2-B2383A3D9CA5.jpg

2AAF654D-969B-4FC0-8D92-132B3D04C5BE.jpg

This is my best 300 yard group, shot with 175 GMM.
26116050-1FB8-4E47-A2CF-5C6DECA60841.jpg

And this was my best 100 yard group, shot with my hand loads. Federal brass, 175 SMK, WLR primer, 43.3gr IMR4064, 2.830" OAL.
45925944-30CC-407D-AE9A-9519AE289651.jpg

Had great results with 44.5gr of Varget also. Gonna work up some 155gr Lapua Scenar loads next!

Where can one find the picatinny rails to mount on the side of the chassis? I assumed they would come with the NV package.

I believe they use the same rail sections as the AX. I'm not sure about the actual "key slot" section that mounts to the chassis

Last edited:
I'm dropping a S&B PM II onto my AT and I'm curious to know which Spuhr mounts you guys are running both with and without NV rail. I originally thought the NV rail looked good but after seeing so many without I'm leaning towards leaving it off. Also, just as a data point for the guys still waiting, I ordered mine from MHS on 1/22 and it will be at my dealer on Tuesday. A OD green folder 24 .308.

Thanks,
Teddy

I'm dropping a S&B PM II onto my AT and I'm curious to know which Spuhr mounts you guys are running both with and without NV rail. I originally thought the NV rail looked good but after seeing so many without I'm leaning towards leaving it off. Also, just as a data point for the guys still waiting, I ordered mine from MHS on 1/22 and it will be at my dealer on Tuesday. A OD green folder 24 .308.

Thanks,
Teddy

I'm running the 4001 on the AT without the NV mount, I believe it may be a touch too low if you decided to run NV.

Sooooooooo..... Needless to say, my AT is a shooter regardless of where the barrel proof marks are! Got to the range today and was able take it to 300 yards. I was very pleased with the results! Shot a mix of PPU Match, Federal GMM 175s and my own hand loads. I love the 2 stage trigger much more than I thought I would. Love this rifle!
And this was my best 100 yard group, shot with my hand loads. Federal brass, 175 SMK, WLR primer, 43.3gr IMR4064, 2.830" OAL.
Had great results with 44.5gr of Varget also. Gonna work up some 155gr Lapua Scenar loads next!

I need to re-check my OAL and move it out a bit. I was loading LC Brass, 175 SMK, WLR primer, and 42.7 of IMR4064 at 2.800 OAL (and a very light crimp) and my three shots registered at 2737, 2732, 2754. So far the rifle shoots much better than I can. Fixed stock, 24in w/ brake

E9B1345A-83A8-44CD-995E-48F0F9D5C03E_zps7z9abezr.jpg

I will be starting a prototype lower Scope rail 0 and 20 MOA, should have pictures up in the next week or so. My target price will be 110.00 shipped if anybody is interested it shouldn't be an issue to run a few extra.

Did you every create it? Pics, please:cool:

I agree. But if you look past this short coming it's a pretty good platform.

I agree that it's a good platform, and I give them props for lowering their prices, when comparing them to the AW. But, I still can't get passed these deficiencies, especially on an Accuracy International rifle, supposedly the worlds best sniper rifle.... Note, Desert Tech & LMT came out with similar platforms a while ago.

It's funny how people laugh at Sako for their $2,800 MSRP price tag on the folder option ($2,000 street price), but AI is doing the same thing with the AXMC. From what I see the AXMC is at least $2K more for a different folding stock and added rails, and still lacks a monopod.

AT update
We have a lower height action rail in new production so in the upcoming months the standard AT will ship with a lower rail. A higher rail is still available as an accessory to use with the night vision mount.
As far as a dovetail rail is concerned we offered dovetail and Picatinny rails as options when ordering AW's for years and guess how many people ordered dovetail? None!!
That is why we dropped the dovetail rail.
I know this is an AT thread but in response to the recent comment about the AXMC, it has a monopod as an accessory.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

As far as a dovetail rail is concerned we offered dovetail and Picatinny rails as options when ordering AW's for years and guess how many people ordered dovetail? None!!
That is why we dropped the dovetail rail.

Spuhr has become really popular in recent years..FYI :)

Tom, none of the AI dealers seem to have any idea when the lower rail will be available to purchase for existing AT owners. Any update on this?

got my AT in and im very happy w it. Trying to post pics. cant figure it out. when I hit upload nothing happens. Anyone care to assist with this? Ive tired to create an album and tried to attach direct. Nothing