• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Per dealers I have talked to-----these rifles should be available mid to late April at best.

Does anyone know if a rail section for the scope off the aw will fit on the AT? Im assuming the holes would be the same because they use the same action. Its only cosmetic but the scope is way too high for my liking.

How interesting, I didn't notice that. I'd like to know myself if there will be a lower rail for those of us that will be removing the night vision picatinny and want our scopes closer to the barrel.

I think the night vision is a extra $250. It's not included with the rifle.

Seeing as how the AT rail isnt bonded, i wonder if they will produce one in the future. Again, its purely cosmetic, but its gonna look wack without the NV rail

The rail is the same as the AX it's how they were able to lower the price by making it the same.

Not sure if they pinned it, never asked, but you won't see AI change it. You'd need an aftermarket solution.

The height is a non-issue you have an adjustable cheek. If anything it will allow you to mount a 56 objective lower as it will clear the barrel. Not that there are very many 34mm solutions are low to begin with.

When I saw this thread pop back up to the top of the page I figured some ass was going to be playing an April Fools day joke on those of us anxiously awaiting news of these rifles coming available. Lol.

That's a very short video and it definitely looks like a different profile barrel than the one held by Frank on his video. Either way, I want to hear that these things are shipping!

The barrel profile is a bit of an illusion because the stock sides don't come up as high as on the legacy stock. AI only uses two barrel profiles for these rifles. One is their traditional stepped contour were it steps down fast after the breech and doesn't taper much after that, this contour is used on 24" and shorter barrels. The 26" barrels are close to a medium Palma.

The rifles you see shipping are in the UK. Sporting services received rifles a little while ago. I've got my fingers crossed they'll get here soon because I'm trying to be patient waiting for mine.

Sporting Services? Is that a store?

I'm eagerly waiting for mine. :)

I mentally conditioned myself for ending of May. On the pre-order list for an AX308 through Mile High. Hopefully they can get all the accessories in and ship it all at once. fingers crossed.

I have a question about the barrel locking mechanism of AT. Is it the same as old AXPSR?

I heard explanation about the mechanism, but anybody has pictures or animation about how that works?

Hi guys,
The rifle in the video is mine being shot by a friend, like mentioned it's a UK supplied rifle with a 26" barrel - it does look skinny, but it's still fairly heavy.

The scope is a 5.5-22 zero stop, not the beast.. we've not got those yet!

I can post up any videos you like, or take measurements. Only had time to take that quick video as i wanted to shoot it!

It's not got a muzzle brake on because I'm told AI haven't sent them to the dealer yet.

Like a few of you have said, the rail is very high & personally i don't mind it. But i did email Sphur and they said they were planning a solution. I also don't really like the sides, so have ordered the tan thumbhole kit.. but again they haven't been sent yet.

Hi guys,
The rifle in the video is mine being shot by a friend, like mentioned it's a UK supplied rifle with a 26" barrel - it does look skinny, but it's still fairly heavy.

The scope is a 5.5-22 zero stop, not the beast.. we've not got those yet!

I can post up any videos you like, or take measurements. Only had time to take that quick video as i wanted to shoot it!

It's not got a muzzle brake on because I'm told AI haven't sent them to the dealer yet.

Like a few of you have said, the rail is very high & personally i don't mind it. But i did email Sphur and they said they were planning a solution. I also don't really like the sides, so have ordered the tan thumbhole kit.. but again they haven't been sent yet.

More videos or pictures would be awesome. That's the first one in the wild I think any of us have gotten to see short of the shot show releases and Lowlight's video. In your email with Sphur, did they happen to mention a timeframe on their solution?

Sure i'll take some pictures and get a better video, i'll try and show the barrel changing process too.

They didn't say how long, but i got the impression it was something they were working on now.. hopefully not too long

I wonder if Seekins will produce a lower top rail for this rifle. ;)

It seems the included top rail is not bonded but just screwed in.

According to AINA VP in the 8541 tactical video at SHOT, the AT rail is not bonded. It is screwed and doweled. 3:25 min mark or so.

Thanks Dave, I do not know how I missed that. I don't have a need for the optional forward rail so having such a high scope rail will not be necessary and I'd like to throw a 30 MOA base on with a 0 MOA Sphur mount. Guess only time will tell if someone else will make such a mount for the AT. Here's to hoping.

I'm basically in the same state of mind of what you mentioned. That's exactly what I'd like to do. Question is whether Glen finds it worthwhile to create such a thing. I can't imagine there will be a ton of ATs in peoples hands anytime in the near future.

The new rails are not dovetailed or bonded. Both for the AX and AT rifles. The dowel is a recoil and locating pin. They now can be taken on and off without issue.

I would love it if Glen would consider making these rails, I would buy one, that's for sure. I'm sure there are a number of us, but I won't hold my breath due to the small market.

Just got a response from Seekins... they currently have no plans to make it. :(

Here's to hoping Hakan Spuhr comes up with a good solution. :)

Personally I'll just be extremely happy to get my AT that I ordered, and the extra Bartlein barrel.

Update I now have the extra Bartiein .260 Remington Barrel. Only need the rifle now.

So, you pre-ordered a AT and an extra barrel, and have now received the barrel ahead of the shipment of the rifle? Correct? I was just wondering, as I called Mile High a few days ago and discussed an AT with a 6.5CM barrel. May have to place the order sooner, rather than later. For some reason (probably my own prejudice/logic), I figured I'd be waiting on the additional barrel after the rifle got here. I don't really want a .308, but am willing to get it with a 6.5CM barrel and salt away the .308 barrel for later if I can get the barrel at least the same time as the rifle (if not sooner).

Hmmm...decisions...

BTW, MH lady mentioned June was when she felt confident the rifles would ship (assuming I ordered then). Assumption here, but it sounds like there's a growing list of folks with deposits, waiting on rifles...

Also, quick question; I've never owned an AI rifle, do they ship in a case or do I have to plan on buying an additional pelican/storm case?

The AT's use the same barrel as the AX/AW minus the wrench flats so they are in stock. AI rifles ship in a cardboard box with a foam insert. As far as I know AI doesn't offer precut cases anymore either except for with the PSR.

You have to buy a case, most of the ones sold (at least @ MHSA, not sure about Euro) can be bought with pre-cut inserts for the rifles. They have custom inserts available

Yes, cardboard boxes ... Honestly the mount isn't as bad as it looks, and you can put lower rings on it. I highly doubt AI will change it because its designed to match up to the NV Bridge, and while civilians might not need it, it's a bigger seller to LE Departments who do use them. Not to mention they have adjustable cheeks so you can easily adjust it to fit.

We shot the AT at Gunsite for the Vickers Tactical Channel, and really it was quite comfortable. I shot the 3D targets on a Northern Lights Mover (robot) and it was no issue at all.

But if you want a different rail, when you get your AT contact Cameron @ Murphy's Precision they will do rails and have done AE rails for me in the past to replace the odd slot rail that was offered on the AE. Murphy's is your best bet.

Thanks for the info! (Good to know, so it can be included in the single order).

AT's are coming

Here is the first batch of AT's ready for shipment to the USA. There were 56 ready at the end of last week and should be more when the shipment leaves the UK around May 2
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Attachments

• AT production.jpg
    AT production.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 23
Here is the first batch of AT's ready for shipment to the USA. There were 56 ready at the end of last week and should be more when the shipment leaves the UK around May 2
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

That is a bad ass picture! Tom, thank you for all you and AI has done for our community. You have truly set the bar and continue to raise it. I am proud to own an AI, just wish I had the money for a AXMC...

Great picture Tom, thanks for keeping us in the loop on these rifles. It is great to see a company put so much effort in supporting the community and trying to give us a glimpse inside of operations with the recent video from the Telegraph.

Hmm... AI AT due to leave the UK on May 2nd.

Firstborn due to arrive on May 2nd.

Don't suppose you want to send those same day air and make it REALLY exciting day?

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Are there any new AX rifles included in that shipment?

Thanks!

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Thank you for the picture, and information, I am pretty sure I see mine there, I wonder how long our government officials will hold them up before I can get my hands on mine.

ATTENTION: Dave if you happen to read this I see mine in the above picture, so please call me as soon as you get it.

Last edited: