• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

I think most of us know that. In reality a lot of rifles can be switch barrel rifles. Alas not with the ease of this quick switch barrel system ie. loosening a screw and removing the barrel. Versus a full vise grip, work bench, tools. I'm figuring that takes anywhere from a 1/2 hour up and can't be done on the fly.

Well said.

Does anyone know what the price of the AT barrels will be?

Last edited:
Mile High,

Do you know if the AT will be available as a long action in 300 win mag? I don't think so, but I'm hoping so...

Thanks,
Justin

I'm impressed with it, it has a lot of new features and still similar in price. It honestly has a lot of features that I don't need but I like the quick change barrel, that is the one thing that has me wanting to upgrade.

I don't understand the price difference for the AT and AX308 MC? The AT appears to be an upgraded AW for $2500 less than the same folder or non folder AW costs yet the AX appears to use the same action and barrel (unless I'm missing something), just different chassis and paint but is $2K more. So am I not seeing a key feature or is there a $2k increase for chassis and paint?

$3900 for a base rifle ready to shoot out of the box. $800 for a new barrel you just crew in and go shoot. No waiting on a smith, no looking for a barrel, no having to send your gun out and be out a gun for a while, etc. This makes me want to invest in the AT. Very well thought out, and if it shoots like all the AI rifles, then it is the last rifle I'll ever need to buy.

What calibers will be offered for the SA (hoping for .243 Win)?

Last edited:
No waiting on a smith, no looking for a barrel, no having to send your gun out and be out a gun for a while, etc. This makes me want to invest in the AT. Very well thought out, and if it shoots like all the AI rifles, then it is the last rifle I'll ever need to buy.

They've always been this way. The only difference is the AT and AXMC don't need the action wrench and vice to achieve the same thing. Pretty dope, but more of a supreme convenience not really a game changer.

guys who are acting like the set-change screw thing is so new, all old AI's had the same thing just with a few extra tools. Sure new setscrew is NICE but more of a luxury, wont make your gun shoot any better or more reliably.

guys who are acting like the set-change screw thing is so new, all old AI's had the same thing just with a few extra tools. Sure new setscrew is NICE but more of a luxury, wont make your gun shoot any better or more reliably.

The AI AE allows for quick barrel changes?

HK Dave, He is just saying that all AI's were barrel change capable.

AINA does .243, .308, .338, 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 barrels as factory offerings. I have yet to ask Tooley if he would chamber a different caliber yet but I do have a GAP 6mm Creedmoor barrel here so you know there are several smiths out there that will cut you a barrel and send to you.

the "traditional" AIAW SA going away as well

yes,but if you have an old AW your barrels will fit the AT. the new AT has a great price i think , i just bought a new AW from MilehighShooting and i will be buying a AT for less

correct. AI started the whole multiple caliber fad (great fad BTW) due to many EU countries with restrictions on how many rifles you can own/shoot. I have seen people switch AE barrels in like 10 minutes, ok so now you can do the same in 2 minutes. GREAT but how often are you going to be swapping barrels once the novelty wears off? Even guys shooting matches with barrelburners are switching them a few times a season.

Are the leftover AWs and AEs going to be further discounted?

Was strongly considering a discounted AW, but the AT seems to be a better value...

It's not the same thing if it's different....

Nobody mentioned it would make the gun shoot any better, more reliable, or more capable of defending malls.

I mentioned that I like the feature and think it's the shit. I have all the barrel tools I need, but the ability to call, wait a couple days for shipping, and just change it over like it's no big deal is awesome TO ME.

Let people enjoy new shit.

It's not the same thing if it's different....

Nobody mentioned it would make the gun shoot any better, more reliable, or more capable of defending malls.

I mentioned that I like the feature and think it's the shit. I have all the barrel tools I need, ,<b>but the ability to call, wait a couple days for shipping</b>, and just change it over like it's no big deal is awesome TO ME.

Let people enjoy new shit.

How is that any different than what you could have done yesterday?

How is that any different than what you could have done yesterday?

It isn't, but he thinks it is. And there lies the humor.

I change barrels on my AXs all the time. Empty bench to empty bench in under 5 minutes. Very little effort required.

I change barrels on my AXs all the time. Empty bench to empty bench in under 5 minutes. Very little effort required.

I'll give him the ability to change in the field. Shit I did that the day before the PRS Finale just screwing around, going from 308 to 300wm on my PSR.

But the bullshit about the barrels being any easier or quicker to get......

I'll give him the ability to change in the field. Shit I did that the day before the PRS Finale just screwing around, going from 308 to 300wm on my PSR.

But the bullshit about the barrels being any easier or quicker to get......

Most have never owned an AI or if they had hadnt ever considered it... They have no idea that MHS stocks AI barrels in various calibers or that there are plenty of smiths that will cut you one with their or your own reamer and ship you the barrel in no time if you desire a more exotic caliber. Need a barrel? Plenty of stocking dealers online.

And a hint to the AX 338 crowd, you dont need the fancy profile. A 1.35" shank will give you enough purchase.

You're right. However, it is a feature that now makes ME want to buy an AI. I apologize for starting this ruckus and will bow out. Thank you everybody for the great information you have posted.

I would like to clarify that the base price of an AT is $3,550 excluding tax. That is FET and not applicable to law enforcement
The base model is fixed stock with 24 inch plain barrel. The options at time of order are fixed v folding, 20,24 or 26 inch barrel with or without a muzzle break, and stock side color, black, olive or pale brown. It also includes a Harris and AI bipod mount.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy international

Why do you need a bench? And why do you need those tools? Frank did it in his hands with an Allen key.

Last edited:
He's saying it's not different. I'm just wondering how he manages to do it the same way as seen in the video if he needs a bench and tools. That seems like overkill if he doesn't need to even set the gun down on anything but his leg.

It's the same if you have a $17,000 PSR. It's not the same with the others. I'll be looking to place my deposit on one of these soon.

Right on. I'm figuring how to pull this off in the next several weeks. A huge thanks to Frank for the review, and to MH for working with Hide members. Haven't been this excited about many purchases.

I would like to clarify that the base price of an AT is $3,550 excluding tax. That is FET and not applicable to law enforcement
The base model is fixed stock with 24 inch plain barrel. The options at time of order are fixed v folding, 20,24 or 26 inch barrel with or without a muzzle break, and stock side color, black, olive or pale brown. It also includes a Harris and AI bipod mount.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy international

Tom, in a post above Mile High has the base price listed as $3823 not $3550. Which is the actual base price?

Tom Irwin
Accuracy international
nvm

Last edited:
Tom, in a post above Mile High has the base price listed as $3823 not $3550. Which is the actual base price?

As Tom mentioned, the $3550 is not including FET (tax) so add that to the $3550 (10%) and then you have the retail for the regular civilian customer. Pure rocket science folks, come on now........................

Last edited:
As Tom mentioned, the $3550 is not including FET (tax) so add that to the $3550 (10%) and then you have the retail for the regular civilian customer. Pure rocket science folks, come on now........................

Thanks for the schooling. Like a dumb ass I didn't realize what FET stood for until I read your post. That's when the lightbulb turned on. Been a long day. I appreciate the clarification.... Lol

Tom Irwin
Accuracy international

Tom,

Thanks for the updates on AI new rifles today. Are we talking about 6 weeks or 6 months wait for the AT to be available? I have waited a several months to buy my first AI rifle and really like the AT but not sure I want to wait another half a year to get one.

He's saying it's not different. I'm just wondering how he manages to do it the same way as seen in the video if he needs a bench and tools. That seems like overkill if he doesn't need to even set the gun down on anything but his leg.

Read up the page a bit and work harder on the comprehension.

GREAT but how often are you going to be swapping barrels once the novelty wears off?

I'll be changing mine constantly. I watched Scott change the PSR from .338 to .300 and .308 at Allegheny last year and I started thinking of every way imaginable to try and get into a PSR, but I just couldn't make it to the price tag of the full PSR kit.

Instead of another whole trainer rifle to keep the rounds out of my .243 barrels, I'll be using the same action, chassis, scope, etc. all on the same rifle and most likely change barrels on the practice field. I don't like running into the basement and breaking down my AE every time to change the barrel and *I* personally find the quick change barrel setup to be way more than just a novelty.

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

Can you please list what the weight of the rifle is?

I'll be changing mine constantly. I watched Scott change the PSR from .338 to .300 and .308 at Allegheny last year and I started thinking of every way imaginable to try and get into a PSR, but I just couldn't make it to the price tag of the full PSR kit.

Instead of another whole trainer rifle to keep the rounds out of my .243 barrels, I'll be using the same action, chassis, scope, etc. all on the same rifle and most likely change barrels on the practice field. I don't like running into the basement and breaking down my AE every time to change the barrel and *I* personally find the quick change barrel setup to be way more than just a novelty.

Exactly right Black-X. So now I don't have to have a bench with a vice and tools to swap a barrel. This puts the desirable AI in the class with the DTA for ease of caliber changes IN THE FIELD!! Very convenient. This just changed my plans for builds I would have to swap nice glass in between. Now I can have ONE rifle with field expedient caliber change option.

From what I've read elsewhere, it appears these will be shipping in February? Tom or MH, is this true?

A price like that will have 'em lined up. May make the turnaround times at some of the custom makers improve (he hoped selfishly)...

I don't own nor want to deal with barrel vises. Having the ability to use a simple allen key to change out my barrel with relative ease is what I want. This is pretty exciting to me at least.

The idea of being able to order extra barrels and just switch them when i want without sending out a rifle for 3 months while a smith "gets around to it" is phenomenal.

I def see this rifle in my future.