• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

I've never been on an AICS or AI rifle but I have a 700 in a mcrees and I had to use about 3/4 of the adjustment range to get the cheek up to the low rings I have on my 40mm scope. Maybe I have unusual facial structure but if my scope were an inch higher I don't know if I'd have enough adjustment to get a proper cheek weld.

There is less correction required when shooting under zero if your scope is mounted lower.

I will agree it's certainly not a deal breaker but I suspect it'll make it slightly harder to keep the rifle balanced and make packaging a bit more difficult as well.

Also I just think it looks funny, but form follows function. I know they did it to make sure that the optic lines up with the NV and is at the same cant. I wonder what percentage of the rifles they sell will ever be equipped with NV.

What is a twist rate for 308 26" barrel?

Thanks

I don't know about the 26's. Basically the AINA barrels are 1:10 and to my knowledge are only available 20" and 24", you may be able to get a 26" though. The 26's that I'm aware of are UK barrels and all the UK barrels including the UK 20" and 24" are all 1:12 as far as I know.

So will the barrel time and torque perfectly every time its taken off ?

What are the big advantages of the AT vs the the AX308 mc ?

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Looks like the advantage of the AT is price point. And in my opinion aesthetics. Only difference between the 2 that I see is more keyslot options on the AX and the skeletonized right folding stock

Does anybody have weight specs of the new models for comparison? AT vs ax308mc vs the AX magnum.

I would love to see an AT magnum offered and would definitely put myself on a list for one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
I think they are both sxy rifles. I just kind of wish they offered the AT in full FDE, not just the skins, but that is nothing that a little cerakote wont fix.

Sorry if someone has answered this already but is there any schematics or docs explaining how can that little hex screw generate the right torque to safely attach the barrel? How does it work?

The action has a slit down the center long ways along the barrel tenon area. The screw just pulls the two halves together to squeeze on the barrel threads.

I really wish they kept the clean lines of the original thumbhole stock.

27100d1390030497-official-accuracy-international-first-look-accuracy_international_arctic_warfarem_-_psg_90%5B1%5D.jpg

Attachments

• Accuracy_International_Arctic_WarfareM_-_Psg_90[1].jpg
    Accuracy_International_Arctic_WarfareM_-_Psg_90[1].jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 31
My AE was shooting 1/2 MOA @ 600m last weekend.

Now the AT has come out it's complete rubbish rubbish rubbish :(

Goddamnit I didn't even REALISE that I needed to buy a set of After Market barrels to swap-over too!???

AEIII 308 you've been holding me back and you just plain suck!!

:p ;)

Last edited:
i wish i had a way to make my AX a thumbhole...

The rear section of the ATNappears to be the same length as the old AX and the screw hole placement looks the same so you should be able to. When I ordered my AT I also ordered the thumbhole upgrade kit and I will test fitment on my AX when I get them.

I guess the thumbhole thing varies from person to person. I like the lines of both but the pistol grip fits my hands better than the thumbhole did and allows me to be more comfortable behind the rifle. I just hope they come out with an XL pistol grip back portion for those of us with long hands.

The rear section of the ATNappears to be the same length as the old AX and the screw hole placement looks the same so you should be able to. When I ordered my AT I also ordered the thumbhole upgrade kit and I will test fitment on my AX when I get them.

good stuff, will be very interested to hear how that goes

Thanks for the pix! Looks pretty sweet! I really wish I had an extra $4200 laying around

Great video showcasing the new AIs from LoneWolfUSMC

SHOT Show 2014 Accuracy International AT and AX308 - YouTube

Great video.
It also answers something I was wondering about.
The picatinny rail on the AT is screwed on with 4 screws and replaceable. So it should be possible to replace the rail with one that less "fat" and
aesthetically more pleasing, as some people have pointed out. Probable will need some shorter screws with that as well.

Great video.
It also answers something I was wondering about.
The picatinny rail on the AT is screwed on with 4 screws and replaceable. So it should be possible to replace the rail with one that less "fat" and
aesthetically more pleasing, as some people have pointed out. Probable will need some shorter screws with that as well.

That scope rail with low rings is probably going to get a scope as low to the barrel as you want to be if you don't want to use the NV bracket.

You have to keep in mind that AI stock have the same cheek height as standard stock without the cheek piece installed. With the cheek piece you have to have your scope so high so that you can get a sight picture. You're not trying to get your scope as close to the barrel as possible, you're trying to get it up to the right height. With my AE and a flat base I tried running the 1.0" high rings that came with my NF F1 at the time and had to remove the cheek piece to get a sight picture. I ended up with an AI mount just to get it the right height to put the cheek piece back in all the way down. I believe the AE also has a thinner cheek piece than the AT as well since it appears to have the same one as my AX.

A set of standard .823 rings will get the scope as low as possible and you won't have to raise the cheek piece.

Does anyone know if the AT action will have the dovetail under that rail like the AW? I hope it does, then I can just use a dovetail Spuhr mount.

I have a 5-25 bender in a near Alphamount and the obj would be well below the top of a superimposed extended picatinny rail.

Sorry if someone has answered this already but is there any schematics or docs explaining how can that little hex screw generate the right torque to safely attach the barrel? How does it work?

I'll try to explain it. Some terminology first. ------- This is the bore of the action H these are the cuts in the receiver : these are the lugs for the screw

Now layer these together just as they oriented above. Lay the H on the receiver ring. There's your cuts to allow a little flex in the threads, next lay the two dots : inside the H in the centered just as they are orientated now. Those are the lugs for the screw. One side is threaded the other has a clearance hole for the screw shank. Screw the barrel in, snap it up hand tight and then apply moderate pressure on the screw. No more than 1/2 to one full turn is all that's needed on the screw to change barrels.

I'll try to explain it. Some terminology first. ------- This is the bore of the action H these are the cuts in the receiver : these are the lugs for the screw

Now layer these together just as they oriented above. Lay the H on the receiver ring. There's your cuts to allow a little flex in the threads, next lay the two dots : inside the H in the centered just as they are orientated now. Those are the lugs for the screw. One side is threaded the other has a clearance hole for the screw shank. Screw the barrel in, snap it up hand tight and then apply moderate pressure on the screw. No more than 1/2 to one full turn is all that's needed on the screw to change barrels.

Interesting, so because of the flex due to the cuts it kindof acts like a pseudo self-locking mechanism? I'm not an engineer so im trying to understand as best I can.

Mr. Tooley,

Are these new AI-AT comes with Bartlein barrels you chamber as previous AI-AE?

Thanks to come and answer the questions about AI rifles.

LRCampos.

The AT is a new generation AW action. There for I am 100% sure they are not like the AI AE barrels..... it does look like there is a price list for UK barrels that will be available for the AT, AW, AXMC, and AX rifles.

The AE could use these barrels but an AE barrel could not be used on any of the other rifles due to the threaded shank design for the AE recoil lug.

Interesting, so because of the flex due to the cuts it kindof acts like a pseudo self-locking mechanism? I'm not an engineer so im trying to understand as best I can.

I consider self locking to be similar to a suppressor with a ratchet lock systems. Screw it on and it locks up automatically. The QR system requires you to tighten up the screw after installing the barrel. Think about a split lock ring on a reloading die. Tighten the screw and the thread pitch decreases locking in the ring on the die.

When I spoke with Mile High they told me all of the AT rifles will ship with Bartlein barrels.

Mr. Tooley,

Are these new AI-AT comes with Bartlein barrels you chamber as previous AI-AE?

Thanks to come and answer the questions about AI rifles.

LRCampos.

No, the AT I had was a UK barrel... only the AX had the US Barrel.

Mile High asked me yesterday and I corrected that... I believe the Bartleins will be an additional option for the AT, and not necessarily an automatic option.

If you look at the videos I posted, it was clearly a UK barrel.

My thoughts on the subject will be, if you want an AT with a Bartlein you'll have to buy it separately at first. Unless Dave has been spinning them up and has them waiting.

No, the AT I had was a UK barrel... only the AX had the US Barrel.

Mile High asked me yesterday and I corrected that... I believe the Bartleins will be an additional option for the AT, and not necessarily an automatic option.

If you look at the videos I posted, it was clearly a UK barrel.

My thoughts on the subject will be, if you want an AT with a Bartlein you'll have to buy it separately at first. Unless Dave has been spinning them up and has them waiting.

Some are here and in the que.

Somewhat on topic.... I can't find barrel contour information. What are the contours like on the AINA barrels for the AE, AX, and AT please? I've gotten different answers from various personnel.

You're buying an AI... you get what they give you. LOL Or buy an aftermarket to your own spec.

it's not really that different from anything else out there, as if it matters, the contour has very little bearing on it's use and accuracy.

If you are trying to gauge weight, it's an AI, it's heavy, if you want lighter, you'll be disappointed.

Mmmmh, nope, I'm not getting it Dave. It may be easier if you send me an AT so I can look at it in person. :)

This thing weighs as much of a tank, has quick change barrel system that you need to thread in? This is innovative? Wow the gun industry is even more lame that I already thought of it.