• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Ejector mark

Finally took my AT 308 20 (factory LW 1:12) and 260 26 barrel (from MH, 1:8) to the range, shot some factory ammo and handloads, much more accurate than my old savage. However, I've noticed a new issue.

Starting from the really mild loads (IMR4895 42.2 OR IMR4064 41.5, 0.02 off lands), my brasses are showing ejector marks, even for 175 FGMM (average 2430 FPS per chrono) and Hornady 168 match (not chrono-ed). It's not a brass issue since all 4 (FC+Hornady+Norma+Lapua) are involved. Per google some of the brand new brass can have this problem due to too much headspace but FGMM and hornady are factory ammo.

FGMM 175.jpg
FGMM 175 @ 2430

Hornady match 168.jpg
Hornady 168 match

norma 308.JPG
Brand new Norma brass with 185 juggernaut, 42.6 varget, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2430

308 norma.jpg
Brand new Norma brass with 178 HPBT, 43.6 varget, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2510

308 lapua.jpg
Brand new Lapua brass with 175 SMK, 42.2 IMR 4895, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2480

Ejector mark

Continue

lapua 308.jpg
Brand new Lapua, 175 SMK, IMR 4064 41.5, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2450

260 lapua.jpg
Brand new Lapua, 139 Scenar, H4350 42, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2750

Bolt face.jpg
Bolt face

Are all the loads over-pressure? This is really confusing...Any thoughts?

Is it with the .308 barrel only? I am having similar issue with mine. The factory barrel there is not an issue. But I put my .308 Custom barrel Bartlein 22" I think it's a .298 tight bore and after 40 rounds it started doing what you pictured. I thought it might have been my reloads. The load has worked in all my rifles.

Have you cleaned the barrel once? Reason I ask is because I took mine home and the barrel had a lot of carbon fouling. It could have caused pressure issues. So I will have to go check this next weekend. I shot the factory barrel and cleaned it good once and it is fine no issue. I would have switched the barrel out and tried it but it is getting cut down at the moment.

Sorry crappy pictures

030d6a35c8382cd6aaa039ec3f8b793d.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I just picked up an AW about 5 months ago and I'm loving it. I've also got a barrel change kit as well so the AT isn't piquing my interest. Now the new AXMC is another story all together.... ;-)

The AXMC is one sexy rifle.

I have a couple on the shelf and I am sorely tempted to take one home.

Continue

View attachment 50733
Brand new Lapua, 175 SMK, IMR 4064 41.5, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2450

View attachment 50734
Brand new Lapua, 139 Scenar, H4350 42, CCI 200, 0.02 off lands @ 2750

View attachment 50735
Bolt face

Are all the loads over-pressure? This is really confusing...Any thoughts?

You are too close to the lands on the .260 load. Start off further away and see if it doesn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it with the .308 barrel only? I am having similar issue with mine. The factory barrel there is not an issue. But I put my .308 Custom barrel Bartlein 22" I think it's a .298 tight bore and after 40 rounds it started doing what you pictured. I thought it might have been my reloads. The load has worked in all my rifles.

Have you cleaned the barrel once? Reason I ask is because I took mine home and the barrel had a lot of carbon fouling. It could have caused pressure issues. So I will have to go check this next weekend. I shot the factory barrel and cleaned it good once and it is fine no issue. I would have switched the barrel out and tried it but it is getting cut down at the moment.

Sorry crappy pictures

030d6a35c8382cd6aaa039ec3f8b793d.jpg

both barrels. Also my factory barrel was not cleaned before I shot it. They probably shot a few rounds before letting the toys leave the factory but I doubt that would give much carbon fouling

You are too close to the lands on the .260 load. Start off further away and see if it doesn't help.

thanks i will try. also getting 142 smk to see if that would help

No problem. When I got my AI it's what I had to do. Also it you start piercing primers, you can always adjust your firing pin. Frank has a good post floating around that explains how to do it.

both barrels. Also my factory barrel was not cleaned before I shot it. They probably shot a few rounds before letting the toys leave the factory but I doubt that would give much carbon fouling
Sorry I should have said after your first range trip.

I have a question for those who are more familiar with AI than I am... On my new AXMC .338, I have the occasional factory round cause the bolt to be a little tough to cycle after firing. I had to hit the bolt with my hand to move it up the last half inch or so on one round last time I shot it. What do you think the cause could be?

No problem. When I got my AI it's what I had to do. Also it you start piercing primers, you can always adjust your firing pin. Frank has a good post floating around that explains how to do it.

You had similar problem as well? Though I don't have any primer crating or difficulty lifting my bolt, i am still trying to be on the safe side. Don't know if it would be worthwhile to try 155 scenar

Main thing for me was forgetting the idea it needed to be anywhere close to the lands. I shortened it up to about 0.015" off and it shoots phenomenally there. Pressure went down, velocity stayed good, and all was well. The firing pin does hit hard on AIs, so be sure not to let that fool you about where your pressure is. That's why I adjusted mine.

I find my 4 260s and 4 308s (4 multicaliber rifles) are very forgiving to load. Tried various seating depths, but didn't see any significant difference in speed or accuracy. Load my DTAs and AXMC 260 & 308 OAL 3.80-3.86. Less than 1/2 MOA on both! Good luck.

Last edited:
Got my AT today. 20" barrel folder in black. Mounted a Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27x56 in Spuhr rings, Atlas PSR on a Big Dog Steel gen II spigot. Hoping to take it out tomorrow after work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411527996.416894.jpg

datguy, that's the same configuration of mine that's up at Mile High for about 3 more weeks getting threaded, also using the same exact scope, post reviews after you get it out!

Anyone know of a pre-fit case for AT's?

I got MHS to ship mine out in a 3300 Storm pre cut. Has slots for 5 mag's, bipod, bolt and a few other sections. Mine is a folder, I bet they have other cases for the fixed stocks as well. Give them a call.

I got MHS to ship mine out in a 3300 Storm pre cut. Has slots for 5 mag's, bipod, bolt and a few other sections. Mine is a folder, I bet they have other cases for the fixed stocks as well. Give them a call.

Do you have a photo of the interior of the case? A Storm 3300 is a pretty long case for a folded rifle. I'm guessing it stores in the case with the stock folded out?

It stores folded, I will try and get a pic of the rifle in the case and post it tomorrow. I maybe wrong but I do not think the case would be long enough for a fixed stock.

Anyone have advice on the longer length of pull screws? I need to add at least the 10 & 20mm spacers included with the rifle..

Anyone have advice on the longer length of pull screws? I need to add at least the 10 & 20mm spacers included with the rifle..

I ran to the local machine supply/fastner supply place and found the right length 6x1.0 metric screws. Just measure out the spacers together and add 10mm. The screws (locally) came in 5mm increments (of length), so I bought few pairs to cover various thicknesses so I could try out different LOP's to find what was comfortable for me in the prone.

Does anyone by chance have a pic with the OD Green AIAT with a Vortex Gen II Razor 4.5-27? I like the AIAT OD Green but I am not sure if it will go good with the color shade of the razor...

Thanks!

I wasn't sure either but when I looked at the green with the Razor in person, I went black, wasn't all that bad, just thought black looked better

Has anyone done up a Proof Research barrel for an AI AT yet? It's on my list of things to do, in .260.

Has anyone done up a Proof Research barrel for an AI AT yet? It's on my list of things to do, in .260.

I tried to order some from Proof last month and was told they were not going to do any for the new AI rifles yet.

So, the new one is in reality 4200+ and there is no LA version?
If you get it threaded with a break. Plus mile high or euro optics give 5% off. Send your barrel to be threaded to Dave Tooley. He just did mine. If your looking for the short rail there supposed to be on there way.

So, the new one is in reality 4200+ and there is no LA version?

There is no Left handed Action or Long Action available in the AT. Unfortunately, it is only available in the AXMC.

Price depends on options (folding stock and threaded barrel) and where you get it from.

I am carry AI rifles and would be happy to send you a price quote.

Last edited:
I shot some pretty insane groups today with the AT. It has a OTM/ Robert Gradous barrel and a TBAC 30p1 suppressor. I have been struggling with factory ammo and it turn's out that this barrel just doesn't like 140 amax's. These two groups were 41.5 and 42 grains of 4350 br-2's and 140 vld hunting bullets.

Attachments

• Stuff 006.jpg
    Stuff 006.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 30
I shot some pretty insane groups today with the AT. It has a OTM/ Robert Gradous barrel and a TBAC 30p1 suppressor. I have been struggling with factory ammo and it turn's out that this barrel just doesn't like 140 amax's. These two groups were 41.5 and 42 grains of 4350 br-2's and 140 vld hunting bullets.

what length barrel? I am about to order on and wanted to shoot the 140 amax...kinda worried now

22 inches, I think I was on the high side of the powder charge for my gun. The amaxs seemed to kick more then the bergers, To be honest the groups weren't bad Id say .5 moa or so. I think if I went back with about a grain less or so Im sure they would tighten up.

what length barrel? I am about to order on and wanted to shoot the 140 amax...kinda worried now

Jake thats what Im talking about!!! Good shooting brotha. These barrels should all shoot like that with a good driver and load.

We now have the New AT's with the lower scope rail in stock, for those who do not need the higher rail for use with Night Vision.

Get em quick, the new AT's have proven to be incredible shooting rifles!!!

Uh, pics??

Also, what's the price/availability of the AI low rail by itself?

Last edited:
Would love to see a picture of the low rail and a high rail AT sitting next to each other before I decide whether it is worthwhile to even bother calling MHSA to order a low rail.