• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question for other AT-X owners, with a bit of explanation:

Last evening I took a moment to slightly adjust the trigger on my AT-X and had the lower chassis off the main chassis. After I made my adjustment to the 2nd stage I decided to do my due diligence and just check all the action screws before buttoning everything back up. This is when I noticed the front action screws were both barely finger tight.

I am not sure if they were never torqued properly in the first place, or if they came loose after my last couple of range sessions. Shame on me for not checking every fastener before my first range session.

Now the question, is it permissible to use some low temperature “blue” thread locker on all of the action screws?

The rear screws were plenty tight, but the front two were not. The owners manual doesn’t specify thread locker on any of those screws, but the two front screws are fairly small 2.5mm hex key and I am reluctant to put anything more than the specified nominal 36-40in-lbs of torque to them. I’d like them to potentially be more resistant to loosening, but given the small size of the cap I also don’t want to risk deforming them getting them out should the need arise if I do use some thread locker.

Any advice here aside from checking them periodically (which I will) and moving on with life?
That is fine. Follow the factory specs. None of the bolts need extreme torque numbers when fit and finish is perfect. 243 loctite if you are paranoid.

Reactions: RUN8
Thanks.

I’ll probably run it for awhile as is, and periodically check them. If they loosen again I’ll give them a little dab of 243.

Interestingly last range session the rifle was still shooting just fine even with the two front action screws loose.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Thanks.

I’ll probably run it for awhile as is, and periodically check them. If they loosen again I’ll give them a little dab of 243.

Interestingly last range session the rifle was still shooting just fine even with the two front action screws loose.
Thats what i did when i changed my upper action rail; just a touch of 243 and that was from AI. I called them for the tq value; the tech dep was closed but the sweet lady on the phone got my question and asked the line guys building the rifles; and called me back with the info.

Bison Tactical has the hinge in stock. I just placed an order for one.

Out of stock already, but thanks for the heads up!

Thought I was going to be able to get one since I saw the "add to cart" button on the product page. But once I clicked the button, it prompted me to put in my email address for inventory updates.

Bro there is no new at-x or anything stop speculating nobody in the at-x thread even talks about it. Did you try calling EO or MHS?

It is 2 years old rifle in production, who cares what EO does with their website. Maybe they will not buy them anymore, maybe they will not support the color or that caliber anymore, maybe it is a glitch.

If i was sitting on 100+ rifles i would melt the inventory by the end of fiscal year. Do you pay attention to the economy? Selling a $5000.00 rifle in this climate ain’t easy.

Furthermore importing from Europe are different than calling Sig or Colt and filling up stocks as needed. They receive inventory certain times during the year and it could be a miscalculation on their end forcing discounts etc.

When i bought mine in October i asked EO the question y’all discussing about and i believe i already gave the answer here.

Best of luck….

:goesbacktodryfiringhislatestandgreatestatx:

So according to @Nostradumbass , Tyler at Eurooptic has confirmed a new Gen of AT-X coming early next year....sounds like the major (only?) changes are it including a hinge from the get go, as well as a NV bridge...

Mile High has multiple AX Forends in stock, 10", 13", and 16". It sure would be nice if AI eventually sold the Forend portions of the AT-X stock in all available lengths.

I havent received my bridge yet, but will the it accept a 1.250 straight barrel? What's the heaviest contour you can go with the at-x?

I called EO and ordered a high action rail and full length rail. Seems to me after reading threads that the AT high rail they are sending me is the incorrect rail to co-plane with the full length rail, its like .050 off on height or something. They're claiming the 26612 is the correct one i need. What ive read is that i need is the 29394.....Might not make a difference when your not putting a clip on, but its still not "right" to my understanding.

Reactions: AXMC
Right on, Thank you. I'll give them a call see what kinda run around i can get on the phone.

Yeah, if you call, I would ask for Keefer. It took me a couple calls and emails before I got the right answer and parts and he was very helpful.

Reactions: Roadrace33
Does anyone think that’s going to happen for the civilian market?

It's likely not even happening for the non civilian market. The normal AI trigger along with the Comp Trigger that is made by an outside company for AI will likely handle any contract requirements to fit non factory two and single stage triggers. Since the comp trigger isn't actually made by AI. Just sold by AI and made by XTSP.

I'd love to see a diamond trigger in an AI, but I'll be absolutely shocked if that happens.

I havent received my bridge yet, but will the it accept a 1.250 straight barrel? What's the heaviest contour you can go with the at-x?

I called EO and ordered a high action rail and full length rail. Seems to me after reading threads that the AT high rail they are sending me is the incorrect rail to co-plane with the full length rail, its like .050 off on height or something. They're claiming the 26612 is the correct one i need. What ive read is that i need is the 29394.....Might not make a difference when your not putting a clip on, but its still not "right" to my understanding.

With a full rail, the best you'll do is something like a proof comp contour. It will not fit a straight 1.25.

A 1.25 can get away with a short bridge positioned as close to the action as possible....if you just want somewhere to grab with your support hand. Since you won't be able to flex that part of the barrel into the hand guard. But anything further out than that is going to easily be flexed into the hand guard that is now tighter because the mounting points for the top rail are on the inside.

Reactions: Roadrace33
Anyone heard any updates on the 6.5 PRC bolt and mags?

Saw the barrels on Mile High with a vague ETA.

With the folders finally coming from the factory I’m going to pick up a AT-X this spring. On paper it seems doable to make weight for NRL hunter with a proof cf barrel.

Anyone heard any updates on the 6.5 PRC bolt and mags?

Saw the barrels on Mile High with a vague ETA.

With the folders finally coming from the factory I’m going to pick up a AT-X this spring. On paper it seems doable to make weight for NRL hunter with a proof cf barrel.
“oN pApEr”

Very slim margins man; can be done with compromise

Reg length CF or short steel. Seen it both ways on ATXs

Reactions: OzzyO20
New beginnings

Attachments

• IMG_5549.jpeg
    IMG_5549.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 114
Okay, so I know the answer is in here somewhere but gonna ask anyway.
I have oodles of AW magazines for my two AW and one AT rifles but zero AX (AT-X) magazines with the tab on front.
I'm finally adding the AT-X to my AI family and just wondering if I'll be able to use the mags I have or will be forced to buy the AT-X magazines.
What's your experience?

So according to @Nostradumbass , Tyler at Eurooptic has confirmed a new Gen of AT-X coming early next year....sounds like the major (only?) changes are it including a hinge from the get go, as well as a NV bridge...
So $5200 with hinge and bridge?

Not too hateful of a change from the $4200 sale thar just ended

34473155-B4B2-4925-83C7-78758917C150.jpeg

Now if we could get them to make long action at-x aics

I was wondering why EuroOptoc completely removed the ATX som wondering if it was just to clear out old inventory to prepare for this new “gen 4” 🤦‍♂️

Whatever happens to getting the stock end that is the one from the AXSR chassis? Thought that was promised or at least mentioned by AI 2 years ago. 🤔

Reactions: BurtG
I was wondering why EuroOptoc completely removed the ATX som wondering if it was just to clear out old inventory to prepare for this new “gen 4” 🤦‍♂️

Whatever happens to getting the stock end that is the one from the AXSR chassis? Thought that was promised or at least mentioned by AI 2 years ago. 🤔
2 years ago?

Shit they’re right on schedule. Don’t panic yet!

I tried prying some info from a few vendors and didn’t get anywhere. Makes me think more change then just folding hinge to be honest.
Interesting if true. With the ATX launch they put out a bunch of info on the rifle well before launch then deliveries were slow to trickle out. Plus they did the pre production run thing. And they continued selling the previous model AT even to this day.

If that's the case it seems like they being tight lipped while selling out existing inventory. Makes me wonder if they are trying to support a new launch with inventory at dealers at time of launch or soon after vs the vapor ware approach.

Seems hard to believe but who knows...

Interesting if true. With the ATX launch they put out a bunch of info on the rifle well before launch then deliveries were slow to trickle out. Plus they did the pre production run thing. And they continued selling the previous model AT even to this day.

If that's the case it seems like they being tight lipped while selling out existing inventory. Makes me wonder if they are trying to support a new launch with inventory at dealers at time of launch or soon after vs the vapor ware approach.

Seems hard to believe but who knows...
And it could be they are just going to include those two things now to get the price back up. That’s what I’m hoping for. Really seems weird for them to change so quickly since they also just released rem 700 chassis

image.gif

They (AI) is doing this thing called 'bid-niz' - they do whatever they can to increase profit but if you can increase revenue, hey why not. That's the competing forces on how they price shit.

But I am still waiting on my 6.5PRC bolt that was "of course, thats easy" from 2 yrs ago. I already fell outta love with 6.5prc before they even let me give them my money (well they do sell the barrel lol).

But my shit is accurate and repeatable so idk. I don't really fault AI - just bid-niz

What spec are people torquing the AT-x foreend nv bridge mounting screws to?

I think I've used 25 in-lbs on those screws and the keyslot attachment screws.

I think I've used 25 in-lbs on those screws and the keyslot attachment screws.
very well could be right - I was holding back on my delicate flower (bridge screws fine thread can't replace etc). I re read that quick and yes on all the attachments,ents going onto the frond or bridge that is key slot yea im at 25 all day

very well could be right - I was holding back on my delicate flower (bridge screws fine thread can't replace etc). I re read that quick and yes on all the attachments,ents going onto the frond or bridge that is key slot yea im at 25 all day
There wasn't a torque spec in the manual for the front bridge screws so I just sent it at 25 in-lbs which is the same as I've used for keyslot attachments. It's felt reasonable and held together well so far.

The atx aics manual says foreend to 44, but that seems high and like it might be a misprint from the ax aics.

Reactions: TylerN
Yes, the AW's work fine.
Oh nice, that's good to know. Thanks.

I found some 9 round AX mags in the UK that I like. Hard to see in this picture but the bottom orange mag and the ones in bags are just a little shorter.

Attachments

• 20240113_162633.jpg
    20240113_162633.jpg
    889.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Reactions: JonKleman