• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Oh man, I can't wait until I get my rifle back!

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
The smith sent me an email. The rifle is almost done. He is going to paint the action/barrel and thread the bolt knob, and that's it. about 2 more weeks he said!!!

He did the test firing today. he put few rounds down at 100 yards to get his dope/zero and then said he wanted to use the last 6 shots at 200 yards. ended up putting 5 on paper at 200 and said he wanted to hit the bowling pin at 225, so he used the last bullet on that. LOL

He did say he used a cheaper scope because his NF had low rings on it and didn't want to swap them out to a medium, so he used something not as good to do the test firing. The cartridge he used was a 208 amax OAL'd by me and 45gr of varget with remington brass. a generic load with no load dev

Anyways, the rifle is a R700 with

Rock Creek M24 @ 26"
B&C A2 Stock
Blueprinted/Trued action
Atlas Bipod (that I'm going to put on when I get it back)
Bushnell HDMR H59
Wyatt DBM
11 deg recessed crown
Spec'd for 208 AMAX with .01 jump

Here is a quick 'in progress' picture of the rifle. (Please don't mind the cheap scope. only for testing purposes. lol)

img1813p.jpg

and here is the group he pulled while test firing it to make sure everything was satisfactory

remym24.jpg

I'm stoked! I can't wait to get this thing back and drive like 4 hours to shoot it past 100 yards! LOL

Re: Oh man, I can't wait until I get my rifle back!

Who is the builder? Looks like it's gonna be a shooter. I have one on it's way back from the smith now too so I understand the anticipation.

Harry Scatton. Up In Arms. Was recommended on here by few people. I talked to some of his clients before I went with him. he has built some impressive stuff.

Maybe I missed it but caliber? Looks like a long action so maybe 30-06? 45grns of Varget behind a 208 in a .308 is pretty hot LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I missed it but caliber? Looks like a long action so maybe 30-06? 45grns of Varget behind a 208 in a .308 is pretty hot LOL </div></div>

This: "The cartridge he used was a 208 amax OAL'd by me and 45gr of varget with remington brass."

says 308 win to me.

BMT

45grns of Varget is the max for a 175grn bullet in a .308. Running a 208 with that is pretty hot.