• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Opinions on what to actually get.

Tactical trashcan

Fish On!
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Nevada
Been mulling over getting a can for quite some years and think I am ready to step up to the plate finally this year. I have seen you all recommend the thunder beast 7, and Nomad and I was also looking at the Q trash panda possibly, but have read from you all on the owner not being the most upstanding guy. But besides his downfalls more interested in the product he makes than his personality. I would probably be using this on a Seekins sp10, Seekins noxs .223, FN Scar17H, Tavor SAR IDF 5.56, and two .300 blackout AR-15 pistols I built with 7 1/2 and 9” barrels both sub and supers , various bolt guns in 6.5 creedmore, .308, 300WM. Just looking for the best all around quietest can. And To my understanding the decibels aren’t the only factor, the pitch of the sound has a lot to do with perceived sound at the ear. Please be gentle in popping my cherry, this is all new to me and I know you all don’t share the same opinions on “THE” best Suppressor of all time. Or all purpose. Just want the quietest one with good build quality, after all its main function is to suppress sound, ha. Thanks for any feedback and for a great forum full of insanely knowledgeable people.

Thank you I will check that one out as well. More options are always a better. So the dominus would fit what I am looking for better than your other offerings I’m taking it?

If I were buying one today it would be a thunder beast. In fact I think I’m going to pick one up as a dedicated can on my 6.5. I run a SiCo Omega now, and I like it just fine. It performs well and I like that it’s a larger company that’s less likely to fail and thus more likely to continue backing their warranty for the life of the can. That matters to me. Kevin at Q is abrasive and honestly quite annoying at times, but the products they make are quality and he certainly has a great pedigree. I personally don’t want their cans, but it’s good stuff.

Well the company that stands behind the product does matter to me, I just didn’t want to get feathers ruffled or start a pissing match on here. Not my goal. I have had some higher end rifles with bad chambers, bad head spacing, and horrible customer service, that does matter to me. Then others like IWI who took care of a gun I messed up at my own fault for free. So having somebody who will be there in the long run is nice. On something like a can, that can’t just be replaced, even more so. But a quality product should last hopefully. I’m really just looking for a one and done solution which I know isn’t the ideal route. If I can get two I will eventually. Just honestly want something as quite as possible that doesn’t change POI to much and last me. I know there are a lot of good products. But when I see certain cans mentioned repeatedly by people who actually own and use them and have tried a lot of others it makes you stand up and pay attention. It’s easy to spout off about how much better you are than your competitor, but when the rubber meets the road and the people who threw their own hard earned cash down have nothing but praises, that’s the true test. And why your opinions matter most. Not some marketing hype or flubbing your numbers to look better on paper. Field tested snipershide approved is what matters in the end!

Reactions: edub1309
Friends don't let friends buy Q.

Nomad L is an all around great sounding can. A tbac 9 or the doninus would be my next recommendation based on what you listed

Well the company that stands behind the product does matter to me, I just didn’t want to get feathers ruffled or start a pissing match on here. Not my goal. I have had some higher end rifles with bad chambers, bad head spacing, and horrible customer service, that does matter to me. Then others like IWI who took care of a gun I messed up at my own fault for free. So having somebody who will be there in the long run is nice. On something like a can, that can’t just be replaced, even more so. But a quality product should last hopefully. I’m really just looking for a one and done solution which I know isn’t the ideal route. If I can get two I will eventually. Just honestly want something as quite as possible that doesn’t change POI to much and last me. I know there are a lot of good products. But when I see certain cans mentioned repeatedly by people who actually own and use them and have tried a lot of others it makes you stand up and pay attention. It’s easy to spout off about how much better you are than your competitor, but when the rubber meets the road and the people who threw their own hard earned cash down have nothing but praises, that’s the true test. And why your opinions matter most. Not some marketing hype or flubbing your numbers to look better on paper. Field tested snipershide approved is what matters in the end!
Similar to what you’re saying in the saying “first place doesn’t worry about second.” Performance and customer service are ultimately most important to me. The constant trashing of competitors is a major turn off for me, personally. Speaks to the character of the owner IMO, and makes me not want to do business with them.

I was going to go with dead air mounts even if I was to get a Q. I thought I read they will work on their cans as well. I like their brakes and flashhiders. The cherry bombs that come with the Q would have been used, but I wouldn’t buy one separate. But I think I will most likely steer clear of the Q’s in all honesty. Integrity does count for something. Another can of worms altogether is should I put this thing when I do buy in a trust or not. I had already paid a trust lawyer in Idaho for a trust, but never got a suppressor because the shop I was looking at got all weird on me when I mentioned a trust and wanting my mother to be on the trust as well for deer hunting suppressed in Idaho. Got all bitter, called another company I was trying to do an FFL transfer on a rifle and told them I was trying to do straw purchases. It really turned me off to the idea because nothing I said to him could have even been construed as such, and most certainly not what I was doing. It really soured me on the whole prospect of getting a suppressor. I just wanted to be able to go hunting with my parents or my dad to be able to use it as well, LEGALLY, and make it more pleasurable to go shoot with her as well. Which is exactly what I thought one of the whole points was of a trust. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was going to go with dead air mounts even if I was to get a Q. I thought I read they will work on their cans as well. I like their brakes and flashhiders. The cherry bombs that come with the Q would have been used, but I wouldn’t buy one separate. But I think I will most likely steer clear of the Q’s in all honesty. Integrity does count for something. Another can of worms altogether is should I put this thing when I do buy in a trust or not. I had already paid a trust lawyer in Idaho for a trust, but never got a suppressor because the shop I was looking at got all weird on me when I mentioned a trust and wanting my mother to be on the trust as well for deer hunting suppressed in Idaho. Got all bitter, called another company I was trying to do an FFL transfer on a rifle and told them I was trying to do straw purchases. It really turned me off to the idea because nothing I said to him could have even been construed as such, and most certainly not what I was doing. It really soured me on the whole prospect of getting a suppressor. I just wanted to be able to go hunting with my parents or my dad to be able to use it as well, LEGALLY, and make it more pleasurable to go shoot with her as well. Which is exactly what I thought one of the whole points was of a trust. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That FFL is retarded. Yes you can add someone to your trust for this exact reason.

Ultra 7 is one of the best overall cans - seems almost as quiet as the Ultra 9, but wayyy quiter than the Ultra 5. If you don't care about size of the suppressor, the 338 Ultra - it has so much volume it makes 6BR almost sound like it is subsonic.

Another option would be our Dominus which will be shipping relatively soon finally.

Zak, you guys make great stuff, but it is getting harder to get than KAC AR parts in the early 2000's lol. I had to lean on a friend to get on the list for the first shipment of Dominus that is supposed to be heading out to SS and MH in July.

Yeah, I don’t think I can wait till mid 2021 to even be able to purchase the dominus. That’s a hefty wait time to even get the ball rolling on paperwork. Unless I can find one in stock from a dealer sometime soon I might have to go with another option.

First Dominus shipments are supposed to go out to Mile High and Silencer Shop in July according to an email I got a few weeks back. I'd say call and try to get in line if you want one. I see the Dominus as the "one silencer to rule them all". I can go from my 28 Nosler down to my 300 BLK with subs and everything in-between including the M-16.

Resonator R2 for biggest bang for buck at max suppression.
Nomad 30 for max versatility (mid length /weight).

I think modularity of the muzzle device mounting system is a consideration People overlook.
You might want a second can some day and its not ideal to be locked into one company because you have to have their proprietary muzzle devices on a dozen guns.
if you’re getting a suppressor that will live on one gun it’s a non issue but it sounds like youd benefit from a suppressor with a 1.375” x 28 rear that can take s bunch of the mointing systems

I just watched a video about the Sandman and Nomad. The Nomad seems to be great for the versatility and I like the endcaps being able to swap for different calibers. The plethora of mounting options is sweet too. You can add a brake to the end of the suppressor. It’s quite and short. I’m really leaning toward this can. Seems to tick all the boxes, good company behind the product too. Thanks for your input everyone.

Felony accusations like that are a good way to kill a business. What a moron. I’m the only responsible person on my trust, and I’ve never had a dealer insist, or even suggest I add somebody. It’s my responsibility to make sure I stay right there with friends and family when they use my cans.
Dead Air is great, Thunderbeast is too. I’ve heard Rugged is, but I don’t own anything from them. I have a Sandman S and L, my next one will either be a Nomad L or Rugged surge, maybe a Dominus if one is available.

Yeah, I value my gun rights and to be accused by some A-hole who owns a gun store and sells suppressors and doesn’t even know the laws around the items he has for sale was very irritating, to say the least! I had already paid for the trust through a lawyer and I probably lost my money since I didn’t follow through as free payment as well. I should call to see if they will still do my trust or if they would at least discount the fee for a new trust possibly, but that was about 3+ years ago. The gun store was in twin falls Idaho, so anyone buying in that area, research who you are buying from.

I’d give a look at Rex Silentium and KG Made. Hard to beat the price and features of a Rex Silentium if it doesn’t have to be titanium.

What are your guys thought on Q Trash Panda suppressor? I like how it comes with multiple cherry bomb threaded for fit on multiple guns, and titanium too.

I believe a lot of the guys on the forum think the products Q makes are just fine, it’s the company and Owner in general that they have issue with. Not a stellar person apparently. You can search q trash panda on here I am sure. I had read other threads where the owner Kevin had chimed in. From what I had read he is very arrogant and likes to belittle other companies and their products. Did you read this thread completely before you posted. That was already stated a few posts up on this thread. I will let others who actually own a Q trash panda speak on quality of the product. I neither own a suppressor yet and have never personally dealt with them, just relaying what I have learned from others who do and have. Hope that helps you out.

Reactions: aero22abflight