• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Orange Vise/Area419 Collab

could someone post details of the bolt used to mount the vise base to his bench?

DDA17B9E-5D63-44F6-A0DA-B021603C5FA8.jpeg

44B912B1-3A8B-47EE-9E27-93C9654BD137.jpeg

39FCAFAF-66D5-44A9-9393-B4FC8ABDAB75.jpeg

C61D0E01-3686-424E-8F5A-FAF83B227FE2.jpeg

13E33BBE-C90E-4A61-9274-E41FF45F0088.jpeg

Reactions: White Mamba
As predicted, didn't see the email until long gone. Fuck 'em, I ain't playing this game, especially now at $1300. I don't need one anyway.

So the package price went up over 10%, but just the jaws didn’t? That’s lame.

Just depended who had material and built products. Price of aluminum is totally stupid right now.

The vises haven’t changed price at the manufacturer. You can still get one from Orange under $1K TYD.

Raw materials are fucked, I’ve heard that.

All y'all shitbirds owe me 10% 😆

I don't need one of these, but I wish I could afford one they are sexy as hell.

Just depended who had material and built products. Price of aluminum is totally stupid right now.
We haven't changed the price on our side, thus the jaws remaining the same. This was an increase on the vise itself which we are just reselling and kitting.

As predicted, didn't see the email until long gone. Fuck 'em, I ain't playing this game, especially now at $1300. I don't need one anyway.
We have been waiting for vises to come in, and make them available the moment we get them. Sorry to let you down.

Reactions: Baron23
We haven't changed the price on our side, thus the jaws remaining the same. This was an increase on the vise itself which we are just reselling and kitting.

We have been waiting for vises to come in, and make them available the moment we get them. Sorry to let you down.
Raw materials costs are killing us. And anyone who manufactures anything in California is absolutely crazy.

Reactions: Baron23
4 years ago I milled ARCA slots in my soft jaws for most of my vises.. one being at 20 degrees down bubble for drainage in the barrels when im cleaning.. back then I thought it was the slicker than greased shit. but damn that is a sick setup

I dont see it on the website but are the jaw and bushing sets going to be made available separately ???

The raw material market is screwed. I know it's not the manufacturer. I have multiple projects clients have hit the brakes on due to the material prices now.
We have been waiting for vises to come in, and make them available the moment we get them. Sorry to let you down

The raw material market is screwed. I know it's not the manufacturer. I have multiple projects clients have hit the brakes on due to the material prices now.
Yeah, it’s pretty nuts.

I dont see it on the website but are the jaw and bushing sets going to be made available separately ???

They are, but haven’t been in stock nor were they on 3/4 with the vise “drop”.

They are, but haven’t been in stock nor were they on 3/4 with the vise “drop”.

Thanks brother

Reactions: TheOE800
@flyer1a when we'll see the jaws at least back in stock? thanks
We are running more, but at this point only have as many of those kits made up as vises we are expecting in the near term. This is why we limit the number of products we do with outside manufacturer dependence. Almost always gets a little messy if the product is popular.

@flyer1a

Maybe I'm way off base, but would you consider making these jaws to work with a regular flat jawed vice? Perhaps with magnets and overhang on top to hold them?

Reactions: Hussell
It's something we may do in time, but would need to lose the barrel functionality as requires the specific support/dimension of the Orange
Ah yeah...dunno, I'm no mechanical designer but perhaps you could build the dovetail for the barrel vice into the jaws.

Just a thought....because I'm old, retired, and BORED!! haha

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We are running more, but at this point only have as many of those kits made up as vises we are expecting in the near term. This is why we limit the number of products we do with outside manufacturer dependence. Almost always gets a little messy if the product is popular.
give us the jaws please

Attachments

• 6AC7A67B-01F2-42FF-9070-C07B83A31875.jpeg
    6AC7A67B-01F2-42FF-9070-C07B83A31875.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 27
Yea I don't understand why they're only producing enough jaws for the Vises they expect

Like anything, each part has a value. Value comes from machining time, material costs, labor, etc etc.

For example, a gun range may sell primers from time to time to customers to help them out when they are short. But they make more profit when they sell loaded ammunition. Many customers wonder “I don’t understand why they won’t sell me any, they are making ammo, so they have them.”

Area419 has been doing this quite a long time and has a ton of products.

If they are only producing them when they have vices in, I’m 100% sure there’s a very good reason for it.

Yea I don't understand why they're only producing enough jaws for the Vises they expect
Doesn’t even warrant a product listing.

That said I bought the kit…though I didn’t quite catch the price increase. Seemed pricier to me, but checkout was the priority.

@Feniks Technologies I would be fine with a price increase to justify them producing it.

@TheOE800
It's frustrating. I just wish they would let us backorder the product and then just ship it to me whenever. Add another $150 to the products price to make it worthwhile for them to produce. Heck double it and just send me a set.

@Feniks Technologies I would be fine with a price increase to justify them producing it.

@TheOE800
It's frustrating. I just wish they would let us backorder the product and then just ship it to me whenever. Add another $150 to the products price to make it worthwhile for them to produce. Heck double it and just send me a set.
Nah forget backorders. I’m done with that nonsense.

@TheOE800

I'm honestly fine with a backorder. I really enjoyed it with my last RRS order. Eventually it just shows up and everyone is made whole.

If they want to go above and beyond just send out a monthly/1st of the month with updated or current backorder timeframes. Heck do like Capitol Armory and just list it on the website.

I should have specified paid-in-full backorders are trash.

I'm fine with paid in full backorder.

I just would like them to have some communication/update if a drastic delay happens from whatever timeframe was given. Nothing crazy just a quick email stating hey we need another xx weeks.

It also seems like it would be beneficial for someone like Area419. If they did a backorder on these (paid in full) they would know exactly how many sets to produce, ect and could just get them knocked out all at once.

Doesn’t even warrant a product listing.

That said I bought the kit…though I didn’t quite catch the price increase. Seemed pricier to me, but checkout was the priority.
Yup, I did the same thing. I got the email and rushed through the checkout process and vaguely noted that it seemed more expensive, but was rushing to check out. As it is, I'm glad I bought it anyway, as the jaws seem like they won't be in stock for the foreseeable future...

We overproduced and sold a large number of jaw sets on their own. We only held back what we needed for inbound vises. Since then we have not produced these sets again. It's not a terribly complicated thing to grasp.

I'm fine with paid in full backorder.

I just would like them to have some communication/update if a drastic delay happens from whatever timeframe was given. Nothing crazy just a quick email stating hey we need another xx weeks.

It also seems like it would be beneficial for someone like Area419. If they did a backorder on these (paid in full) they would know exactly how many sets to produce, ect and could just get them knocked out all at once.
The only paid-in-full backorders we take anymore are ones where we have all the raw materials in-house and are in control of all production. The ZERO has been an example of this. On this vise set we are not interested in doing a backorder as we are not producing the major component. Would be the same with rifle builds. Taking debt to customers, which is what a paid backorder is, isn't something we want to do if we are not in full control of fulfillment.

I have asked a few times if they would be producing the jaws or only doing limited runs. I said I would be fine buying the vise from Orange and the jaws from them. No response, so I guess it is time to start looing for an alternative vise solution. Tired of the circle jerk BS.

Reactions: texag0842
There are a number of folks who've bought the vise direct from Orange and just looking for the jaws. Hopefully they see that and produce a few more next go round. Heck, I don't want the barrel vise jaws either. I just want the arca cutout. I ordered extra jaws and plan on milling an arca "like" cutout with a dovetail cutter but I'd rather than have Area 419 has made.

There are a number of folks who've bought the vise direct from Orange and just looking for the jaws. Hopefully they see that and produce a few more next go round.

You can get the vise for a smidge over 950, Impactpro is the discount code. You can also have someone machine the jaws it comes with. I am going to have the arca and a barrel groove machined into the jaws. Screw waiting on this BS.

Sorry I wasn't clear but that's exactly what I'm doing. I can machine the jaws with a dovetail cutter myself which should hold an arca rail but there's a specific standard for the arca cut and I don't have the right cutter for that.