• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: giliganz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
n2fq4w.jpg

2py1bgo.jpg

december full moon 19 total of our 5 man group </div></div>

I bet your neighbors took a shit when they saw 10 dead dogs in the bed of your pickup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: littleeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JHC that is a nice cat you guys are holding congrats to you guys.</div></div>

thanks. It looks a lot bigger when Brad holds it. Sure wish we would have seen more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
bobcatbradjason-1.jpg
</div></div>

Now THAT is a blue gun!!! lol

Nice stock sendero man, how do you like it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
is that a ND3 on the scope ? </div></div>

I didnt realize that the ND3 is made by BSA.. makes me wonder but I would love to try one out.

I did some checking and it doesnt get the best reviews. Biggest complaint seems to be that it barely works or doesnt work at all in colder weather starting around the 50 and below mark..

I love that their webpage wants you to wrap $2 handwarmers around a $300 light so it works in the cold for you.

http://www.lasergenetics.com/Important_Information.html

Got a double this morning with my calling partner Jim and his dog Shimer... our landowner had been bugged by them for a couple weeks.

316 yards on my male and 309 yards on the female Jim shot.

6x47 Lapua 105 Amax and 243 WSSM Oly Arms AR15 87 Vmax.

Double3.jpg

J_S.jpg

S_S.jpg

Here is a look back to where we called from... started 8 ridges down and snuck up to 2nd ridge back. they howled and wouldn't come so we moved up on them and called again. found them at 830 yards and called them in to where we shot them...

look_back.jpg

Nice work, my friend! I keep seeing those cats on the river... wishing I had a blaster. Can't wait for the horns to start dropping.

Dawn Fox

She came in to about 35 yards, I tried to squeek her in closer for a good picture and she called bs. By the time I switched from camera to rifle she was 150 yards and moving out, a long shot for a .22 magnum but it worked. Remington Premium 33gr. V-MAX.

Jan2010009.jpg

Jan2010017.jpg

Re: Dawn Fox

Well another full moon cycle down and a few more dogs in the bag i think it was ten this time. For the guys asking about the ND3 laser i tried it on a yote saterday night and needless to say it spooked the livin shit out of it but i was able to whack it when it stoped running. I think i will just use it as a real expensive flash light or sell it.

Re: Dawn Fox

Calling has been a bit tough this year, but I have been able to snag a good amount.

Took this guy Saturday just before dark. 125yrds
DSCN0086.jpg

Took this one about 2hrs ago. 50yrds
2010-02-01174153.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300zero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
141q3b.jpg
Here is another i smoked </div></div>

does he have mange ?

Sendero man - pretty sure he had mange. He was maybe 25 pounds. looked like we did him a favor. he was shot on my farm..... Ive got a large dog that keeps them away mostly but when it snows I see their tracks coming closer and closer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300zero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
141q3b.jpg
Here is another i smoked </div></div>

does he have mange ?</div></div>

Thats one fugly dog.

Hey y'all, Cougars in your backyard...(no, not THAT kind of Cougar) This was the one prowling around a Chicago neighborhood and was shot by Chicago Police.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WuB0Koi0OvU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WuB0Koi0OvU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

No question that cat should have been shot. So sorry, PETA people. Stop taking stupid pills.

Took out the 204 AR and shot this one while working on bobcats..

119 yards with 40 grain Vmax. Came to Lucky Bird while calling for Bobcats.

Feb_11_2010_coyote.jpg

Nice work. Looks like you have some great calling country.

Any luck with the bobs? Cats have been slow here this year, only one so far, and it came to a rabbit distress so I guess it's time to try the murdered bird call.

Slow but not dead here. Maybe I'm interpting it wrong but it seems like the dog population has changed from 1 or 2 everywhere to larger roaming packs with miles between them. Maybe we killed enough singles to wipe out small family units and let the more aggressive take contol??

This one was from earlier this season, I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and see whats out there. This thread has got me all jacked up.
1010090951.jpg

laugh.gif
I jacked him up alright!! With a couple of 55-gr Vmax. The first shot was around 60 yrds right in the side of the ass, then he flipped around a few times and the second shot was right through the neck.. They blew out huge chunks of him, I was going to save his coat but he was too mangled..
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KClark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slow but not dead here. Maybe I'm interpting it wrong but it seems like the dog population has changed from 1 or 2 everywhere to larger roaming packs with miles between them. Maybe we killed enough singles to wipe out small family units and let the more aggressive take contol??</div></div>
We still see the straglers during the day but they are all in the pack and running in large groups at night. We are noticing that they move the packs like in five to eight mile increments. Sendero_Man : I think all your rabbits ended up here.. We have a large quantity of them and they are pumping out babies like welfare chicks........SmokeRolls

Again, GREAT pics fellas!
I haven't been out in a couple weekends, but these are from last month...

43lbmalered009.jpg

43lbmalered004.jpg

43lbmalered011.jpg

36lbfemale026.jpg

36lbfemale028.jpg

Great pics Fred!!

FFL Medic killed 1 couple days ago at last light on the 1st shot at 535. It was a great partner set up on the shot. I had 30 minutes of sleep the PM before right after 7 nights of work. Woke up with a killer headache and couldn't get rid of it. I was about just short of sick. Went out tho and killed 3. Hurt every time i blew on the call--especially the last 1. As he was coming in i thought to myself--God please let him be funky/rubbed so's i don't have to skin the bugger at night with a killer (now) headache. Sure enuf Eric kills this dog. He was approaching us and started to parallel us way out there. I was calling range to Eric and the dog was posturing at the howls/growls we were sending at him. Finally he stopped momentarily and i said--"535". Eric's fast on the trigger (AR-10 243/6.5-20x VH reticle), and i hear a faint meat report. Sure enuf th dog goes down, and i'm thinking--crap, he killed it (sweet and sour kill, sort of)--figured he would as he's one uncompromising long-range shooter with his rigs. Sure enuf it's a nice big female, and he hauls it maybe 3/4th's mile back to the truck. Skinned it off a T-post skinner a buddy of mine built for me, and we head back to town. Man i sure slept good that night, i tell ya'--2 skinned, one mangey (tail was good though and we took it). Great day, just wish i could've enjoyed it more.

Erics535-yarder.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFL Medic killed 1 couple days ago at last light on the 1st shot at 535. It was a great partner set up on the shot. I had 30 minutes of sleep the PM before right after 7 nights of work. Woke up with a killer headache and couldn't get rid of it. I was about just short of sick. Went out tho and killed 3. Hurt every time i blew on the call--especially the last 1. As he was coming in i thought to myself--God please let him be funky/rubbed so's i don't have to skin the bugger at night with a killer (now) headache. Sure enuf Eric kills this dog. He was approaching us and started to parallel us way out there. I was calling range to Eric and the dog was posturing at the howls/growls we were sending at him. Finally he stopped momentarily and i said--"535". Eric's fast on the trigger (AR-10 243/6.5-20x VH reticle), and i hear a faint meat report. Sure enuf th dog goes down, and i'm thinking--crap, he killed it (sweet and sour kill, sort of)--figured he would as he's one uncompromising long-range shooter with his rigs. Sure enuf it's a nice big female, and he hauls it maybe 3/4th's mile back to the truck. Skinned it off a T-post skinner a buddy of mine built for me, and we head back to town. Man i sure slept good that night, i tell ya'--2 skinned, one mangey (tail was good though and we took it). Great day, just wish i could've enjoyed it more.

Erics535-yarder.jpg
</div></div>

Great story, Great pic, Outstanding shot.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sscoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFL Medic killed 1 couple days ago at last light on the 1st shot at 535. It was a great partner set up on the shot. I had 30 minutes of sleep the PM before right after 7 nights of work. Woke up with a killer headache and couldn't get rid of it. I was about just short of sick. Went out tho and killed 3. Hurt every time i blew on the call--especially the last 1. As he was coming in i thought to myself--God please let him be funky/rubbed so's i don't have to skin the bugger at night with a killer (now) headache. Sure enuf Eric kills this dog. He was approaching us and started to parallel us way out there. I was calling range to Eric and the dog was posturing at the howls/growls we were sending at him. Finally he stopped momentarily and i said--"535". Eric's fast on the trigger (AR-10 243/6.5-20x VH reticle), and i hear a faint meat report. Sure enuf th dog goes down, and i'm thinking--crap, he killed it (sweet and sour kill, sort of)--figured he would as he's one uncompromising long-range shooter with his rigs. Sure enuf it's a nice big female, and he hauls it maybe 3/4th's mile back to the truck. Skinned it off a T-post skinner a buddy of mine built for me, and we head back to town. Man i sure slept good that night, i tell ya'--2 skinned, one mangey (tail was good though and we took it). Great day, just wish i could've enjoyed it more.

Erics535-yarder.jpg
</div></div>
Pretty coyote. Looks in good shape....Nice story too...SmokeRolls

Erics535-yarder.jpg
</div></div>

most are getting pretty rubbed here now... Tis the season.

Nice write up and pics !

Great pix and stories!
My latest from the non-mountainous, no snow-havin' pine jungles of the Georgia low country.
Called this one in to around 45 yds. 25-06 & a Barnes 80 TTSX did the job.
yote1.jpg

Nice pics everyone, cant wait for my next hunt.

Been jonesin' to get after them, but with the 2-3feet of snow we just got, I haven't been able to hunt here. But I did get a couple more down while huntin' with my Oklahoma bruthas last weekend...
OPHA2010014.jpg

Got my first triple too!
OPHA2010023.jpg

As if personally killing over 130 coyotes this season wasn't enough(no b.s. all documented), my buddy KJ got him a cool 'black' female too. That man is a coyote killin' machine!
OPHA2010008.jpg

Happiness is a bloody tailgate
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As if personally killing over 130 coyotes this season wasn't enough(no b.s. all documented), my buddy KJ got him a cool 'black' female too. That man is a coyote killin' machine!
OPHA2010008.jpg

Happiness is a bloody tailgate
smile.gif

</div></div>

Wish I could have made the hunt. KJ is the real deal and a great guy to boot!

There is a pick up above where all of the yotes in the bed of the pickup have a wood block zip tied in their mouth.....I'm curious what thats all about? Where they trapped? Shot?

Keeps rigor from holding the mouth closed, making it hard to skin out the lips.
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cascade_Sherpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a pick up above where all of the yotes in the bed of the pickup have a wood block zip tied in their mouth.....I'm curious what thats all about? Where they trapped? Shot? </div></div>

those are blocks for a calling contest. they mark the day and time each animal was taken. each animal is checked in and temperature taken, date and time animal was taken and by what team.

SM

Huh...never thought of that, never been in a contest either. I thought somebody was hardcore with the old stick in the mouth.

Look at this mangey sob. 200 yards, Sako 75 Finnlite w/ Leupold 6x42, 6.5X55 129gr Hornady SP.

He had some kind of worm crawling around on the surface of his eye. I thought his eye was moving but when I took a good look it appeared like a heart worm crawling back and forth across the surface. Damn kalifornia parasites/politicians are everywhere.

MANGE006.jpg

MANGE003.jpg

MANGE004.jpg