• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

I had a coyote come in the yard the other night. My dogs were going nuts I looked and this was the biggest one i had ever seen he probably weighed around 70 pounds I did'nt know a coyote would get that big. I guess he's eating good here in the suburbs. I only had time to grab my XD and take a shot, don't think I hit him but he has not been back

That's it Jephs..in ya last pic you managed a smile in the end. Nice shooting.

P8010786.jpg

So many yotes, so little time. I cant wait for the winter to get here and call up some dogs.

Just leafing through here and again & wanted to say "NICE!" to all who've posted!
It's almost time again to start calling!!!
Hope y'all have a fun, safe & productive season...

Fred

Today

Went out for a short hunt this evening and this one came running at the first squeel.

8-23-10004.jpg

8-23-10008.jpg

.223 with 55gr Balistic Tips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just leafing through here and again & wanted to say "NICE!" to all who've posted!
It's almost time again to start calling!!!
Hope y'all have a fun, safe & productive season...

Fred
</div></div>

yes sir and amen to that brother !!

First called in 2010/2011 of many. Shooter is good buddy of mine, call=foxpro open read (blue bell), rifle=OLY K16/75gr BH V Max.
Hard and fast, young dog, shooters second called kill. He was tickled, and I was happy to get one in for him.
IMG_20100906_075011.jpg

gunner where are you in ks, i am going to start in about 2 weeks.

almost time to start...i've been working on a homemade caller using an mp3 player and a LONG cord. I need to figure out how to do a wireless setup. the copper wire is a bit much to lug around given the weight of the small amp, speaker and the mp3 player. in a pinch, my Winmo phone does it all - bal calc, mp3 storage, google maps, GPS...i get a solid 10 hours heavy use out of it. usually just use a no-name video mp3/movie player with a 2gb card in it though. Only called a single fox in last year - no pics but the tail is hanging on the wall next to me. Buddy has a fox pro - spent nearly 300 on it...coin that is currently reallocated in my house. This thread has started an itch that is hard to scratch right now.

Dodge City Area. PM me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope I get one this year!! </div></div>

If you try hard and stay long enough, I think you might get one... perhaps two
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope I get one this year!! </div></div>

Now that is funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope I get one this year!!</div></div>

Good luck with that...
grin.gif

been wanting to go yote hunting but never done it before, and don't know anyone around me to teach me
frown.gif

this thread just mocks my situation LOL

good luck SM

Good stuff Teo.

Been slow here, have done about 5 setups, no action yet.

Nice collection shotgun4fur, whats the gray/silver one in the center?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice collection shotgun4fur, whats the gray/silver one in the center? </div></div>

That would be a gray fox.

Thanks.

That would be a grey fox. That is a nice collection of hides. Who does the tanning for you?

I send them to New Method Fur Dressers in Cali.
A bit pricey ,but soft as one can get. Same tan as coats,blankets.

Thanks

I use to send my stuff off to New Method, but i started to use Moyles Mink and Tannery over in ID and they do just as good a job on the tanning and they are cheaper. Just a suggestion.

I even got my Uncle who was a taxidermist, who got me hooked on New Method, to switch over to Moyles. He does that good a job.

xdeano

Thanks xdeano,

I've seen there work too. Nice stuff and cheaper,BUT after seeing a batch of fox come back with half the tails ripped off.
I've not used them since.

I guess the all have a bad batch here and there.

Tim

I've send a lot of stuff into Moyles. I've never had any problems with my tails being ripped off with Moyles. USA Fox and furs on the other hand.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nlee318</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sendero Man... What is your electronic caller of choice? </div></div>

Foxpro Fury is what I run. Easy to use, great presets, etc....

Time to bring this thread to the top.

Nice female taken this evening. Hit her a little low and she made a 25 yard run before piling up.

12-6-10007.jpg

Here is the only one we got at the World championships last weekend. It was a tough hunt, but was very fun and met a lot of guys.
worldscoyote.jpg

Tagged my buck in archery, so I went coyote huntin first day of deer. 33 pound female
photo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">god damn skinny!!!!!!!!!</div></div>

DITTO!!! can i come up your way!! LOL You keep fur?

na, sold em all, ive only got about 10 skinned out so far this yr, been scoutin lots of dogs and cat tracks, once dec11 hits our cat season opens, thats when i start hardcore callin.

Nice, skinney! You might have to take me coyote hunting when I come out for deer!

Not as big of a predator as you guys kill, but they sure do play hell with the rabbit and quail population around here....smoked this one with a 90 grain Berger going 3100fps from my 22-243AI.

kitty.jpg