• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ramshot LRT in a saum?

I'm surprised this Ramshot LRT powder and SAUM topic is not covered more.

Anyway, I called Ramshot today and asked if LRT would work in 7mm Saum with 183gr SMK's.
They said you could not get enough inside the case to make it work.

Time to do some research......

Compared the following cartridges that have LRT load data on Ramshot's website

6.5x284 Norma H2O 68.33 gr Load: 66.3gr / 140gr bullet
6.5 PRC H2O 62.0 gr Load: 63.5gr / 147gr bullet

7mm Saum specs: H2O 72.6gr Load example: Retumbo 66gr with 175gr bullet

Unless I'm missing something, the Saum case can hold more water and the powder amount is very similiar other cartridges.
Later this week I'll pull out the weight scale and drop some LRT powder in a Saum case just to see that it looks like.

I'm surprised this Ramshot LRT powder and SAUM topic is not covered more.

Anyway, I called Ramshot today and asked if LRT would work in 7mm Saum with 183gr SMK's.
They said you could not get enough inside the case to make it work.

Time to do some research......

Compared the following cartridges that have LRT load data on Ramshot's website

6.5x284 Norma H2O 68.33 gr Load: 66.3gr / 140gr bullet
6.5 PRC H2O 62.0 gr Load: 63.5gr / 147gr bullet

7mm Saum specs: H2O 72.6gr Load example: Retumbo 66gr with 175gr bullet

Unless I'm missing something, the Saum case can hold more water and the powder amount is very similiar other cartridges.
Later this week I'll pull out the weight scale and drop some LRT powder in a Saum case just to see that it looks like.
Sounds good keep me posted on what you find out

Can you post a link to the 7saum lrt info. I can’t seem to find it. Thinking of trying it in mine.
Thanks

1686148377121.png

It's probably going to be a bit too slow for that cartridge?

you and your 2.820" lol

But I also agree that it's too slow. Reason it may work in a 6.5 is expansion ratios. smaller the hole per powder column is going to need slower powders. For example if you necked up the 7saum to say 50 cal. It would have more capacity but the powder that would be ideal would likely be in the magnum pistol range.

7saum.PNG