• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rem 700 5r .300 win mag

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
I have read TONS of posts on the rem 700 5r in .308, but there doesnt seem to be to many reviews of the same rifle in .300wm. Im asking because i Finally found one and am extremely interested in buying it, yet havent heard alot about it in the larger caliber. Also does anyone know if the box of the .300wm will say mil-spec? As long as its the same barrel i realy dont care what it says. The one i found says "rem. 700 with 5r barrel" on the remingtion sticker that is on the box. Is this the correct one? I know that there have been other stickers out there as i have seen multiple ones.. I just want to make sure im getting the right thing.
Thanks guys. Hope to have my new rifle soon with plenty of updates to come.

Re: Rem 700 5r .300 win mag

Mil Spec is just the name. It's 5R rifling, but the 300WM has a 10-twist barrel.

sounds good to me! looks like im about to be the proud new owner of a Rem. 700 5r .300 win. mag. !!!!!! Damn.. now i need a new Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56 NP-R1 !!!! hehehehehe

Well i just bought the .300wm 5r!!!!!!! i have to drive almost 2 hours tomorrow to go pick it up! thats going to be the LONGEST ride ever!!! now.... i need a NF for a good price.. damn.

Yep, when you get something like that, it is like a kid in a candy store. That is going to be the longest night for you too!

Congrats on your rifle.

i think it's the same weight as the .308 version so it will have some bite to it but if your used to shoot'in the heavies you'll be fine.

There's a SH vendor that has the 5.5-22x56 NP-R1's for 1632 shipped, plus a $100 gift card to the shop. It's on special this month, a buddy of mine just ordered one yesterday from them. Schryver I think was the name? That's a heckuva deal.

Another place to look for the NXS is "EurOptic"

I bought a 3.5-15x56 MLR from him back in March. It showed up at my front door before my check arrived at the shop, I was blown away by his customer service and help with making my choice of scope.

Congrats on finding the rifle.

Great info on the NF! im going to have to wait a while as i spent soo m,uch on the rifle. but i will get the NF soon enough! i will be posting pics for sure! it will have to be tomorrow bc i have to go to work after i pick it up. Thats going to suck!