• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington bolt sticking after tactical knob. Help?

(/?/?)NickZ*

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
SW Florida
I just threaded my bolt handle and installed an EGW tactical knob on my short action 700. Looks and works great, but when cycling the bolt fast the bolt sticks at it rear most position. Probably due to the extra leverage from the longer handle. Do you guys think it has to do with the bolt stop or just because the extra leverage kinda tweaks the angle of the bolt and it sticks from friction? How can I help this? Polishing the rails at the back of the receiver? Add dry lube? Graphite?

Re: Remington bolt sticking after tactical knob. Help?

try the easy stuff first, i had the same problem when i did mine too, i thought it was just getting to be that time but after a good polish and heavy cleaning with some lube she works like a champ now but who knows you could have a totally different problem then i did

I think you hit the nail on the head with your first guess-- when I was having the same issue, I got the same advice from multiple people: operate the bolt by grasping it closer to the action (as opposed to the very tip of the knob) and pull straight back for an unhindered cycle.

It worked very well for me and felt natural after a few hundred cycles. Actions will also get much smoother with wear.

I would put a drop of tetra lube on your finger and run it all over the bolt then cycle it about 500 times while sitting in front of the TV tonight.

Problem will most likely solve itself, If not do it again tomorrow =]