• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Repeatable QR M4 optic suggestions

LapuaRocks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Eastern, ND
I am the lucky recipient of an all expenses paid trip to a foreign country where the targets are shootings back. I will be carrying a standard M4 1/7 twist 16in barreled rifle with and Aimpoint Comp M4 and BUIS. I am looking for any suggestions on a personally bought quick release mount that has repeatability when taking off, putting back on and an scope with magnification for such a setup. Any info on the issued ammo whether it will be the M855, SS109 or something else would help to for a practice setup.

Re: Repeatable QR M4 optic suggestions

I personally prefer LaRue mounts for QD/QA and holding zero. I know the USMC reciently ordered a bunch too.

For the Standard M4, I personally prefer an ACOG in 4x. The TA01NSN has a more traditional crosshair and a bullet drop chart for M855 out to 600meters. The TA31RCO-M4 will have a red chevron and a bullet drop chart for M855 out to 800m. The TA31F is similar, cheaper, and will be close enough for government work.

I also would say larue or american defense mounts. Both have suited me well and returned to zero without any issues.

If given the option I would go with the ACOG too but if you have to stay with the Aimpoint then go with Larue mount as it is the best in my point of view. Also, if given the opportunity with the Aimpoint I would look at a 3x magnification and also use a Larue mount. Larue 3 X mount

Thanks for the info guys. I really didn't want to spend the cash on an Aimpoint 3X magnifier as I don't plan on buying an Aimpoint when I get back.

I will definitely look for a Larue QD optic mount, do you know if the (LT-104) SPR 1.5 will work with the standard front sight post or do I have to step up to the (LT-135) SPR 1.93?

Neither of those are aimpoint mounts. How new are you?

You need the LT-150 or LT-129. In other words, a SINGLE ring mount. I have a CompM2 mounted in an LT-150... great mount, carries a spare battery in the base of the mount. This will be the correct height for you to clear the front sight. If you get the shorter one (LT-152), the front sight post will obstruct your target area of your aimpoint. Don't listen to any horse shit you hear about co-witnessing, lining up the red dot with the front sight or any of that other bullshit. It's an independent sight, it's not intended to be used in conjunction with a front sight- ignore the front sight post as if it were not even there.

DP425,

I was looking for a replacement optic and mount that would allow me replace the aimpoint we are issued for engagements that are further out than a 1X optic can support. I understand that the sights have nothing to do with the optic and I was just worried about the front sight post obscuring a regular scope.