• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Accutrigger adjustment

EROCO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2010
For some reason my trigger on my Savage 10 BA went from 1.5 to 2.25 lbs according to my Wheeler trigger scale after firing 300 rounds through it.

I tried to adjust using the tool provided but it appears to be maxed out on adjustment. I would like to get another half to a l lb. or so so I can have about 1 - 1.5 lb trigger pull. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: Savage Accutrigger adjustment

Interesting... I have the opposite issue. The trigger weight on my savage goes away over the course of hundreds of shots. I've had to turn up the weight on mine a couple time so far. I like my trigger in the 8oz range, so I have a few adjustments before I'm maxed out, at which point I figure I'll have to replace the trigger/sear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... I have the opposite issue. The trigger weight on my savage goes away over the course of hundreds of shots. I've had to turn up the weight on mine a couple time so far. I like my trigger in the 8oz range, so I have a few adjustments before I'm maxed out, at which point I figure I'll have to replace the trigger/sear.

</div></div>

I was told by Savage customer Service as well that what you're seeing is the typical issue. Mine is the reverse of that. I cleaned the trigger assmbly area with a spray on gun cleaner and lubed the areas but still the same.

its the sear spring more than likely. its best to adjust an accutrigger with a Timney or SSS

there is a rifle basix trigger that people mention too. never touched mine, im one of the lucky few i guess

The standard Savage accutrigger is SUPPOSED to be adjustable from 2.5# - 6#. Teh Savage Target action triggers are adustable from 6oz.- 6#.
I just ordered a Savage with the standard trigger but I also ordered a lighter spring to go with it for an extra $10. Its supposed to get me down to 1.5#

If your already at 1.5# with a standard trigger spring the lighter spring might help.

If interested give Jimm Briggs a call at Northland Shooter supply 1-763-682-4296

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EROCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... I have the opposite issue. The trigger weight on my savage goes away over the course of hundreds of shots. I've had to turn up the weight on mine a couple time so far. I like my trigger in the 8oz range, so I have a few adjustments before I'm maxed out, at which point I figure I'll have to replace the trigger/sear.

</div></div>

I was told by Savage customer Service as well that what you're seeing is the typical issue. Mine is the reverse of that. I cleaned the trigger assmbly area with a spray on gun cleaner and lubed the areas but still the same.

</div></div>

For my future reference - did they mention how to fix this? New spring? New trigger assembly? Just curious, because its coming down the pike for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EROCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... I have the opposite issue. The trigger weight on my savage goes away over the course of hundreds of shots. I've had to turn up the weight on mine a couple time so far. I like my trigger in the 8oz range, so I have a few adjustments before I'm maxed out, at which point I figure I'll have to replace the trigger/sear.

</div></div>

</div></div>

For my future reference - did they mention how to fix this? New spring? New trigger assembly? Just curious, because its coming down the pike for me. </div></div>

Savage offered to send a "gunsmith" a new spring. They would not send to me directly but to a gunsmith of my choosing.

So I asked, is that new spring a different rate than what is factory installed on mine, and I never got a straight answer, so I don't know. lol

I took it to my gunsmith and using his tool we saw 2 lbs 4 oz on the pull. This may be enough for some but I wanted less so I can really perform better at the upcoming match.

can you order that spring thru anyone else? brownells or midway? maybe a smith that does savage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The standard Savage accutrigger is SUPPOSED to be adjustable from 2.5# - 6#. Teh Savage Target action triggers are adustable from 6oz.- 6#.
I just ordered a Savage with the standard trigger but I also ordered a lighter spring to go with it for an extra $10. Its supposed to get me down to 1.5#

If your already at 1.5# with a standard trigger spring the lighter spring might help.

If interested give Jimm Briggs a call at Northland Shooter supply 1-763-682-4296 </div></div>

i found out that there is a standard accutrigger in hunting models thats 2.5# and then the target accutrigger at 6oz. but there is a middle version on the 10/tactical-LE series thats a 1.5#

I have the usual Accutrigger issue, with it backing out over 30 - 40 rounds and eventually becoming so light the bolt decocks/uncocks when chambering. Somewhere I read that blue locktite could be applied to it to stop this. But for the life of me I tried to disassemble it and take the spring off but it seemed the screw was captive somehow. Haven't taken the time to look more closely. Will be pulling the FCP out this week to start shooting it again.

Any tips on removing the spring?