• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SBR Build

baue

Minuteman
Jun 22, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey all,

Posting here because I hate calling the ATF and it's hard for me to find a time when they're open after working all day on the west coast. So I'm currently building an SBR and about to submit paperwork. I am submitting the following:

Form 1 (duplicates)
Fingerprint Cards (duplicates)
$200 check

I read something about the 5330.20 also needing to be submitted in duplicate. Is this an old process or do I still need this form? Is my packet otherwise good? (Granted everything is filled out correctly). Thanks for the help.

Fill it out and send it in if you're filing as an individual on a Form 1. I've never sent one in on a Form 1 via a trust but and individual transfer requires one if I recall correctly.

Isn't the e-file system back up for form 1's? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the ATF but trying to save you a coupes months.

Not sure from where the information comes but that is not true about individuals using e-forms. I signed up and obtained an account as an individual. Filled out the Form 1 online and submitted the payment at pay.gov. Submitting the form gives the option to pay by credit card at the .gov site. It also allows you to upload your trust if you go that route. Submitted and was into pending within two days. Submitted on 3/12/14 and am still waiting. Must say, the recent improvements are much better and the response when checking the site is much better.

Not sure from where the information comes but that is not true about individuals using e-forms. I signed up and obtained an account as an individual. Filled out the Form 1 online and submitted the payment at pay.gov. Submitting the form gives the option to pay by credit card at the .gov site. It also allows you to upload your trust if you go that route. Submitted and was into pending within two days. Submitted on 3/12/14 and am still waiting. Must say, the recent improvements are much better and the response when checking the site is much better.

How did your CLEO sign off and how did you submit fingerprints/photo?

Hey all,

Posting here because I hate calling the ATF and it's hard for me to find a time when they're open after working all day on the west coast. So I'm currently building an SBR and about to submit paperwork. I am submitting the following:

Form 1 (duplicates)
Fingerprint Cards (duplicates)
$200 check

I read something about the 5330.20 also needing to be submitted in duplicate. Is this an old process or do I still need this form? Is my packet otherwise good? (Granted everything is filled out correctly). Thanks for the help.

Certificate of Compliance needs to be sent out in duplicate. Don't forget to have your passport photo on both form 1's and your CLEO signature.

that's a new feature then, because just before it went down one of my neighbors attempted to do e-forms. it would only allow legal entities and had no provision for fingerprints/CLEO signoff/etc.

I just ran one on Tuesday, the option for individual was grayed out, and you couldn't select it. Legal entity was available, (trust, LLC, corp). Maybe it is a feature they are testing and turning on/off on occasion? I dunno?

that's a new feature then, because just before it went down one of my neighbors attempted to do e-forms. it would only allow legal entities and had no provision for fingerprints/CLEO signoff/etc.

I know a few people that were able to add them as attachments. It may be in beta testing but they did just have to shut down the site for awhile because it was having trouble keeping up with the workload. Supposedly.

I find it ironic that the NFA wants to severely limit the use of trusts yet they make a full website only for the use of "legal entities" to obtain said NFA items? Sounds to me like they need to stop messing with their income and approve some dang forms!