• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope to barrel clearance Question

coolssg

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2010
Australia
Hi all i have a Savage 10 McMillan 308 with a Vortex PST FFP 4-16x50 scope and l would like some in finding the correct scope to barrel clearance.
l would like the scope as close as possible to the barrel WITH Butler Creeks fitted if anyone has the same setup or knows somebody the help would be greatly appreciated..

Re: Scope to barrel clearance Question

I have a Savage HS Precision 308. I had a Vortex 4-16x50 PST on it with Seekins low rings and a Seekins 20 moa base. Plenty of room for the Butler Creek scope covers, but not more than you would want. I talked to Glen Seekins and that was what he recommended. I'm sure it would be the same for you if you decided to go with them. They really are the best deal in high end rings. That's too nice a rifle not to have a good base and rings.
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/

The "PRECISION MATCHED RINGS" that Vortex sells are made by Seekins. If you buy them from Seekins instead they cost less and they just don't have the Vortex logo on them.

thank`s guy`s for all your help i found the info l found what i was looking for ..